Author Topic: Creating New Task Forces  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Bandus (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
  • Discord Username: Bandus#6943
Creating New Task Forces
« on: November 21, 2012, 10:24:28 AM »
So, I'm attemping to create 3 new Task Forces (not task groups) for my 3 battle fleets. I seem to be able to create the new task groups with no problem, however, getting task groups to actually join the task force seems to be a different story. In the task group screen (F12), it seems to show which task force each task group is a member of. I try to use that drop down to select a different task force but the moment I switch off of the task group and go back it resets its task force to Sol Headquarters.  I am confident I'm missing something simple here. What am I doing wrong, please?
"Just this once --- everybody lives!" - My Doctor

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
Re: Creating New Task Forces
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 10:42:07 AM »
You have to use the Naval Organization tab of F12 to create branches of your naval org.  Place ships in those branches, move the branch underneath the TF you want, and then create a new task group using the buttons on the right side of the tab.  A task group created from a leaf node of a TF is created under that TF.

The dropdown you speak of should really be read only, since you can't use it to set the TF.  I think maybe you used to be able to, but that functionality no longer works.