Author Topic: Am I just really lucky or what..? (Geological Teams)  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Dutchling (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
Am I just really lucky or what..? (Geological Teams)
« on: September 09, 2011, 11:39:49 AM »
Most of my geo teams discover 1 new deposit of minerals and if i'm lucky 2 or 3 and than claim there is nothing more. But in this game I have a team on Earth discovering new deposits of minerals every few months. They have discovered +- 20 deposits and there is no stopping them :|

Aren't they supposed to stop looking for more after 1 or 2 finds?

edit: Great, they just decided that there isn't anymore to find >.>
It still is my luckiest/best geo team ever ..
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:50:36 AM by Dutchling »

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
Re: Am I just really lucky or what..? (Geological Teams)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 01:15:34 PM »
As I understand it, every time they roll the dice for the discovery, they roll it again to see "is this the last discovery"

You got really lucky.  In my current game, they discovered accessibility increases on mars-- from 0.1 to 0.8 for duranium...-- so a little corundium mine became a functionally infinite source of corundium, duranium, with plenty of other bonus minerals to keep my industry happy for the first two game decades.

Offline Dutchling (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 04:03:49 PM »
My mines on earth can stay there for the next 200 years as well.
I have 100k+ of every mineral there except for Venderadite and Uridium. Corundium and duranium (those two + mercassium are probably the ones I use the most) are even in higher quantities available.

This is my first (of only a few games I admit) that I don't have a lack of minerals after a few years.

Offline andrea69

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 10:17:23 PM »
Well, I have been lucky with the initial mineral generation in Sol system, and I got plenty of minerals on Mercury, Titan and Titania, and good deposits on Luna, and other moons in the system, but very few corundium. So, what to do when you have a lot of minerals and you are short of corundium to build mines?   ::)