Author Topic: Misstakes of planning...  (Read 1236 times)

Offline ExChairman (OP)

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Misstakes of planning...
« on: October 29, 2020, 06:22:08 AM »
Managed to use my AMMs for the first time in "real" combat and noticed a slight misstake... :o
I can see enemy missiles at 1.9 M/km... :)
But having less than 140k of engagement zone gives them way to short to fire and engage a enemy missile... :-[ :-X
And I built 5000 of them... ;D

Anyone ells that made a "slight" misstake in planning and then finding out the hard way?

We all forget to include sensors, firecontrols, magazines and so on, from time to time at least... ;D
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

The following users thanked this post: HighTemplar

Offline non sequitur

• Chief Petty Officer
  • n
Re: Misstakes of planning...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 09:57:43 AM »
Once I designed a missile destroyer. Was really proud of the design work I did on the destroyer and the missiles. missiles and fire controls were long range, good endurance and speed on the engines, etc... On a whim, I equipped the destroyers a few Meson cannons as backup weapons. Ended up building close to 15 of them. Found some spoilers in the next system over so sent a fleet of 10 destroyers to handle them. Scouts picked up where the spoilers were, moved my destroyers into range, went to turn on active sensors...

realized there were no active sensors because I forgot them.

Lost 7 of the 10 destroyers.

The following users thanked this post: HighTemplar, nuclearslurpee, Iestwyn

Offline StarshipCactus

• Lt. Commander
  • S
Re: Misstakes of planning...
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 09:10:12 PM »
In VB6, my first military fleet, which was a missile fleet, lacked fire controls of the correct resolutions. Only my command cruiser had a fire control that could hit the very small spoiler ships. So I spent the entire battle firing 2 missiles at a time to kill the enemy ships while transferring missiles from my destroyers to resupply my command cruiser. Very annoying hour of combat. In the end, I lost my fleet to the mothership. I was totally unprepared.