New Players > FAQ

Getting the game to run questions

(1/2) > >>

sloanjh:
This thread is for common problems new users encounter when trying to get Aurora to run for the first time on their machine.

sloanjh:
"I just installed Aurora, and am getting the following error:

--- Code: ---ErrorinLaunchSystemWindow
error 713 was generatedby Aurora
Class not registered
You need the following file installed on your machine. MSSTDFMT.DL

--- End code ---

What do I do?":

You're missing a MicroSoft library that's needed by Aurora.  If you search the forums for MSSTDFMT.DLL you should see several posts on how to fix this (basically find it on the web from a trusted source and either register it on your machine or put it into the Aurora directory).  I'm linking in two of these threads here that should work for most people:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1812&p=17194&hilit=install+copy#p17194
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1091&p=11693&hilit=msstdfmt+dll#p11693
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/2f027b19-68f6-409b-9f8f-ef27663d7d06/missing-msstdfmtdll?forum=w7itproinstall

sloanjh:
"I just installed Aurora and am getting the following error

--- Code: ---Runtime error 339
Component TABCTL32.OCX or one of it's dependencies isn't correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

--- End code ---

or one like it with a different *.OCX":

This seems to show up on Vista or higher boxes.  The forum threads seem to indicated that re-registering the file doesn't work, but de-registering  it does.  See this thread for some details: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,1978.0.html

sloanjh:
"I just installed Aurora and get the following error right after I start it:

--- Code: ---Error 3061 was generated by DAO.Database
Too few parameters. Expected 2.

--- End code ---

(can also appear as Error 91).

what is wrong?"
--------------------------------------------

This error probably means that there's a problem of some sort communicating between Aurora.exe and Stevefire.mdb (the database).  Reported causes are:

1)  Version mismatch:  A 4.9x executable (for example) is trying to talk to a 4.2 (for example) database.  Read the installation instructions again, and make sure that the executable and database come from files with the same major an minor numbers (e.g. a 4.92 executable will work with a 4.9 database, but not a 4.8 database).

2)  Regional Settings:  Aurora requires either US or UK regional settings (in particular, it uses "." as the decimal separator, not ",").  Before starting Aurora, change your regional setting to US or UK, then change them back when you're done.  Please do not post any requests to Steve to "fix" this issue - it has been discussed repeatedly and he will not be making any such changes.  Search in the forums (upper right corner) for "decimal separator" to see threads on this topic.

3)  Admin rights in Vista and higher:  Vista and Win7 users report that Aurora needs to be run in Admin mode.  There have also been reports that you're better off installing Aurora into a "normal" directory, e.g. c:/Aurora, rather than into "Program Files" to avoid problems upgrading the database to a new version.

Gobbopathe:
Hello

Really sorry to up this old topic but it seems to be the right one, and I can't create a new topic in the bug section.

I am concerned about a friend of mine trying to install Aurora 6.30 (the portable version here : http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,5663.0.html) for the first time on Windows 7 64 bits. He seems too shy to post himself, I hope you can help :
- he cleaned the register with all aurora stuff after uninstalls
- he installed the 6.30 portable version directly on D:\ (so not in C:\Program Files since I have read it could be an issue)
- he gets a 339 error when launching the AW_Aurora.exe in administrator mode
- he sets the US or UK version (with . decimals, or spaces) (I thought it was unnecessary now in 6.30, but he tried, by the way we are frenchmen)
- by launching aurora.exe with no admin rights the game starts but by clicking on F5 he gets "error OCMT232.ocx missing". He noticed that he had not that one in regsvr32 or 64, so he downloaded and installed it on both registres. But he still gets that same message by clicking on F5

Thanks for him

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version