Author Topic: Population Morale?  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Vesson (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • V
Population Morale?
« on: March 06, 2011, 11:32:49 PM »
Hey guys,

Does anyone have a list or brief rundown on what affects planetary morale? And in turn, what happens when morale drops to certain levels?

I just lost about 900 people in lifepods, some from maintenance problems and then secondly from 3 military ships getting owned by aliens as they tried to go rescue said life pods. . .  I wonder if that has any negative repercussions (it should!)?

Cheers!

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Population Morale?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 10:09:32 AM »
To my knowledge:
Military losses do not affect moral. You can, of course, roleplay some moral effect (SM Mode, F2 screen, SM Mode button, Unrest Points)

Moral is negative affected
   -If there is not enough Infrastructure for the populations, so people are dying in the streets
   -If People feel not enough protected (warships/PDCs) from creepy aliens

Moral affects productivity. I belive there is a direct relationship, i.e. Moral 90% --> Productivity 90% but I am not sure about this.
I don´t think rebellion is in as of yet.

Typing this answer made me realize, I don´t realy know a lot about moral and its effects :)
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 08:26:23 PM »
I think this is an excellent idea that morale, in certain type of governments are effected other then population growth.

Population growth and lack of infrastructure, seem to be the only influence. It would be great to have some random events and military losses effect morale, also distance from sector command would also be an influence.

I think there could be some great expanse here in the game.

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 11:06:06 PM »
I think this is an excellent idea that morale, in certain type of governments are effected other then population growth.

Population growth and lack of infrastructure, seem to be the only influence. It would be great to have some random events and military losses effect morale, also distance from sector command would also be an influence.

I think there could be some great expanse here in the game.

100% agreed.

But i'll add you can have a unprotected planet generating restlessness and have military ground units on site but they will only restore restlessness not stop it from happening.

Offline Peter Rhodan

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 05:04:59 AM »
I have several planets like that in my current campaign - I have a garrison unit on each one to make them behave!
Of course that doesn't help the production rate - on one it is less than 10% although it is rising again now. . . . .

Most of that is actually a lack of people - but moral affects it too

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 06:17:17 PM »
I wasn't aware a lack of population to man installations created negative moral values... I thought it was just the fact they were needing deep space military and enough infrastructure to support them so they don't end up dying off in non optimal environments.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 12:56:35 AM »
Hey guys,

Does anyone have a list or brief rundown on what affects planetary morale? And in turn, what happens when morale drops to certain levels?

I just lost about 900 people in lifepods, some from maintenance problems and then secondly from 3 military ships getting owned by aliens as they tried to go rescue said life pods. . .  I wonder if that has any negative repercussions (it should!)?

Cheers!

Unrest is created by overcrowding, radiation, lack of protection by the navy, insufficient occupying forces on captured worlds and minority status within an Empire

Steve