Author Topic: Survey ship keeps adding new plotted moves...  (Read 1063 times)

Offline juv95hrn (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
Survey ship keeps adding new plotted moves...
« on: March 29, 2013, 04:55:34 PM »
My first ship is about to make its first survey:

Dachshound class Deep Space Survey Ship    2150 tons     40 Crew     267 BP      TCS 43  TH 50  EM 0
1162 km/s     Armour 1-14     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/2     Damage Control 1     PPV 0
Maintenance Capacity 78 MSP
Spare Berths 2    

50 EP Commercial Nuclear Thermal Engine (1)    Power 50    Fuel Use 7.    59%    Armour 0    Exp 4%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres    Range 55.    1 billion km   (548 days at full power)

Geological Survey Sensors (2)   2 Survey Points

This ship is classed as a commercial vessel for maintenance purposes

It is deployed at Earth and I give it special order from the Task Group menu to "survey nearest moon" "survey nearest body" etc.     

As soon as I advance time the ship allocates itself new plotted targets for every click, further and further away.     Cruithne, Phaethon, etc.     I don't think I have surveyed the moon after 5 secs of travelling there.     So why does the ship add new locations and won't go to the moon and survey it?

Thanks.   

EDIT:

Same behaviour if I give regular order to survey Luna.   
The ship is marked as "refitting" but fuel is 100% and supplies are full. 

It seems to have to do with a second ship being built dedicated to the same TG as the first ship.  When I build the second ship into a new and separate TG the first ship took off without changing orders.  Horribly unintuitive for a new player tbh.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 05:14:29 PM by juv95hrn »

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Survey ship keeps adding new plotted moves...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 11:41:35 PM »
Hm, the TG with your survey ship shouldn´t move at all, if there is a ship building task assinged to that TG. You should actually get a message, something about "TG could not execute its orders because a ship building task ..." something along that line.

The rational is:
Your half finished ship is already part of the TG the construction is assigned to and it would be a wee bit difficult to move that half build ship with the finished ships around _and_ keep construcion going :)

This is, why you have all ship building assigned to your shipyard TG per default and only assign the finished ship to the TG you actually want them in.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany