Author Topic: Conquered Colony  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Icecoon (OP)

• Lieutenant
Conquered Colony
« on: April 09, 2013, 06:45:02 AM »
Hi.
I've managed to conquer an enemy planet. The question is, how do I merge the two colonies on the same planet? (the one from where my troops attacked and the conquered one). Is there a button that can do it or I have to move all things from colony A to colony B and abandon colony A afterwards?
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

Offline Nightstar

• Lt. Commander
  • N
Re: Conquered Colony
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 07:26:45 AM »
No easy merge.

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 08:36:06 AM »
You can transfer the troops over easily via the troop screen, bottom right corner, just below the move into PDC control.

Offline Icecoon (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 08:54:25 AM »
Ok, so no magic button. Maybe in future releases.
It would be no problem to transfer the ground units, but i have a population of 99m, industrial and military buildings there too.
I'm playing a multi-empire start (See the Shattered Sol AAR in the fiction section).
I guess I have to add all the buildings and population from colony A to colony B through SM and abandon colony A.

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 10:16:31 AM »
The problem is, the two colonies hold populations of different races, with different requirements in terms of habitability. As each colony can only have ONE colony cost, having several races in a single colony is a no-go.

This even applies, if you play a multi empire game with all empires of the same race (and also will apply, once you go the gen-modification route for your own race).

Also, the freshly conquered population realy doesn´t like you right now, so they basicly only work at gunpoint, leading to horrible efficiency (expressed in the "Political Status Production Modifyer, F2, lower right). And again, a colony can only have ONE of those modifiers and different populations have therefore to be kept in different colonies.

If you want to take over the buildings of the conquered race, you  have to SM them in to your colony and delete them from the conquered one.

Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 01:11:06 PM »
If you want to take over the buildings of the conquered race, you  have to SM them in to your colony and delete them from the conquered one.

Or move them via freighter.

Steve

Offline Icecoon (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 06:58:09 AM »
Ok, thanks. Another question:
Is it possible to delete a defeated faction from a multi-empire start?

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 07:16:13 AM »
Yes, with conditions.  If the race you wish to delete was player controlled it can be done under SM.  If it was an AI race you need to have the developer password.

Word of warning.... there can be unexpected consequences.  Among them "ghost" entries that didn't get cleaned out of the tables that cause issues down the line.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Icecoon (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 08:04:40 AM »
I wish to delete a faction previously controlled by me. It has no more colonies and ships, but I sometimes get reports about their officers health, advancement and skills, which is becoming annoying. I don't see any option under SM to do it, where should i look for that function?

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 08:14:47 AM »
As I recall, it is in Race.  With SM Mode on there should be a radio button to delete the selected race.  It's a good idea too not have that race as your active or default race when doing this.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline oldark

• Petty Officer
  • o
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 10:44:04 AM »
And as for the officer updates, you can either swap to that race and fire them all, or just wait until they all die/are relived of duty.  Since the race doesn't control a military academy they'll eventually go away on their own and not be replenished.

Offline Icecoon (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 02:11:50 PM »
As I recall, it is in Race.  With SM Mode on there should be a radio button to delete the selected race.  It's a good idea too not have that race as your active or default race when doing this.

Thanks, it worked.

And as for the officer updates, you can either swap to that race and fire them all, or just wait until they all die/are relived of duty.  Since the race doesn't control a military academy they'll eventually go away on their own and not be replenished.

That's an option too.