Author Topic: SM creations  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
SM creations
« on: September 10, 2014, 04:10:12 AM »
Having just seen the 6.50 log and seeing the NPR discovering new NPR's part I have a quick Q. Steve has already illustrated that once a system has been created upon discovery that it will either have or not have an NPR withing the system at the creation point, so an NPR will not suddenly appear when the player first enters the system. My thoughts around this were that NPR's could have their generation chance kept at zero for other NPR's and at a reasonable number for things like precursors. Then the player can just use SM to generate an NPR inside a system when they feel the need for more.

So how does the SM NPR generation system work with regards to system bodies? If for example I decided to generate a new NPR within Sol would the game create a new system body for them to live on or would they just get created on a body that has conditions that allow for life?

Offline Haji

• Captain
Re: SM creations
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 05:58:01 AM »
There are two ways to create an NPR. The first one is "Add NPR" in if my memory serves (I don't have the game with me) spacemaster tab. This creates a new NPR in a new system that is unknown to any other player. Of course it can be discovered or the newly created NPR can expand from it to meet you.

The second way to create an NPR is to go to the system tab (F9) click "add empire" and set the new empire as an NPR (there is somewhere a box to be checked on the creation screen). This will allow you to create an NPR on any body you want to and to customize many of it's properties like industry size, population and starting research points. Be careful though as you may create an NPR on a body that won't be able to support the population leading to a die off so make sure to properly terraform the body first (or to make sure it's habitable).