Author Topic: Mining and Sorium Harvesters  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Tor Cha (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
Mining and Sorium Harvesters
« on: May 12, 2018, 12:12:32 AM »
Here is a Simple  question's for you all.
1 On a System Body that is not a Sun, that has Sorium and Other Minerals, Do you need both a Fuel Harvester and a Ast Miner or can the Miner  Get all Minerals and When it Off Loads it Just takes the Sorium to A Refinery? Also When a Miner Mines all Minerals do they all go into the Cargo Hold as Ore ( here is Duranium, Carbomite, Tritanium, ) or is it Here is Rock that is Mostly Duranium, Tritanium , Neutronium? And If it did Get the Sorium would it be In Liquid form Or would it be Like Most Other Minerals as a Ore / Rock  ?

2 On Terraforming. A ship Just Settles on the Planet then starts Changing the Atmosphere. A Pre Made PDC is Shipped there and a Construction Brigade Puts it together. The Question i have is, How Long Will it take to Put the Pdc Back into a Working Pdc? Roughly 60 K tons?

« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 08:54:34 PM by Tor Cha »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Mining and Sorium Harvesters
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 04:25:39 AM »
Here is a Simple  question's for you all.
1 On a System Body that is not a Sun, that has Sorium and Other Minerals, Do you need both a Fuel Harvester and a Ast Miner or can the Miner  Get all Minerals and When it Off Loads it Just takes the Sorium to A Refinery? Also When a Miner Mines all Minerals do they all go into the Cargo Hold as Ore ( here is Duranium, Carbomite, Tritanium, ) or is it Here is Rock that is Mostly Duranium, Tritanium , Neutronium? And If it did Get the Sorium would it be In Liquid form Or would it be Like Most Other Minerals as a Ore / Rock  ?

Sorium Harvesters can only be used on gas giants / super-jovians.
Asteroid Miners can not be used on anything larger than a (very) small moon.

But yes, a Mine, Automine, or Asteroid Mining Module (if used on a suitable body) will extract all minerals present simultaneously, and in the form of 100% pure Whateverium.  Any Sorium mined in this way may be taken to a colony with refineries and converted to fuel.

2 On Terraforming. A ship Just Settles on the Planet then starts Changing the Atmosphere. A Per Made PDC is Shipped there and a Construction Brigade Puts it together. The Question i have is, How Long Will it take to Put the Pdc Back into a Working Pdc? Roughly 60 K tons?

It will take either:
A - Forever, because there is (or, until recently, was) a bug that multiplied the "equivalent CF value of ground troops" by the population assigned to work at Construction Facilities (which is zero, if you have no Construction Facilities at the same colony); or
B - Whatever it says on the F2 'Population & Production' window for the queued Industrial Production of the colony; which may be
C - Forever, if you have failed assign the CFs/CBs to actually assemble the PDC.

Offline Tor Cha (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 08:57:36 PM »
Father Tim I am Now More Confused than I was Before i asked the Question.

I Plan On shipping 2 CB's to the Planet to Set Up the Terra former, then Send them to Other Planets doing the same thing.

Offline obsidian_green

• Lieutenant
  • o
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 10:33:24 PM »
Sorium harvesters in orbit around gas giants automatically convert the sorium to fuel. They are their own refineries, so they or tankers can transport fuel where needed.

The following users thanked this post: Tor Cha