Author Topic: Is it deliberate that Financial Centers cannot be transported?  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Panpiper (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
I've been building up a colony for the last couple of days playing, with the intention of moving a bunch of financial centers there to free up workers on my homeworld.  I've finally got things to the point where I am ready to move the financial centers and discover that there appears to be no way to load them into freighters! ARGH! Is this a deliberate design decision.  Have I just perhaps failed to notice some other mechanic to do the job? Do I have to spend the next twenty game years building them in place?

Oh. . .  And is there any way to see 'accumulated' wealth? The F2 Wealth/Trade tab shows Annual Racial Wealth and Racial Per Capita Income, but after weeks of playing, I have yet to figure out where total wealth is displayed.  Or is it that wealth does not accumulate and that surplus wealth is wasted?

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
Re: Is it deliberate that Financial Centers cannot be transported?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 08:43:19 AM »
You can see the total racial wealth in the header of the economics window (the header of the window at the top):

The following users thanked this post: Panpiper

Offline Panpiper (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 08:44:14 AM »
D'oh! I feel stupid now. Thank you.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 08:46:13 AM »
Some of the information Aurora presents you only see if being pointed to. You are not the only one to whom that has happened  ::). Took me a while to detect the stockpile window... .

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 02:20:15 PM »
I never got around to coding the financial centre movement. C# Aurora is setup to deal with installations I haven't thought of yet :) so you will be able to move everything unless I specifically flag something as immobile.

The following users thanked this post: Panpiper

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 06:57:39 PM »
I remember having the same question and also being disappointed you couldn't easily transport them, so I ended up using SM mode to simulate transporting them.

However, the RP reason I read and always appreciated is thinking Financial Centers more along the lines of Financial organizations and infrastructure developed on your planet. Distributed trading floors, companies, offices, credit tracking, internal trade arrangements, etc. Things you can spend government funding to specifically develop, but not something easily boxed up and put in a cargo container.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 09:50:43 AM »
Yepp, transfering Wall Street to the Moon wouldn't suddely make the moon rich :-)