Author Topic: Sorry for my Absence  (Read 2254 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Sorry for my Absence
« on: January 22, 2010, 04:36:19 AM »
Sorry that v4.9 has been delayed. I have been in bed trying to shift my illness, without much success. Chest infections are a real problem for me as I am asthmatic. I saw the doctor again last night and apparently I have "infected sputum in my head as well as my lungs" - ugh! The current anti-biotics are having no effect so they are trying a different type. I get occasional periods when I can concentrate, like now, so I'll post and bug fix when I can. With the current volume of traffic I am not going to be able to answer everything so apologies in advance if I appear to be ignoring anyone. I hope normal service will be resumed within a few days.

One other point. Looking at some recent posts it sounds like one or two new players are modifying the database. This is generally a *really bad idea* as you can cause all sorts of problems unless you know exactly what you are doing (and I mean that from an Aurora perspective, not an Access perspective). If you do modify the database then please tell me about it when you report any bugs or I could be chasing my tail trying to find non-existent bugs.

Steve

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Sorry for my Absence
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 04:40:50 AM »
Steve,

I think I speak for most of us here, when I say take care of yourself and get well.

Matt
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline Elmo

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • E
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 04:58:30 AM »
Sorry to hear you are not feeling well.  Take care of your health and don't worry about Aurora.  It will still be there when you feel better.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 05:49:27 AM »
Seconded; thirded actually  :D
Welchbloke

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 08:59:02 AM »
Your health comes first, second and third, updating Aurora is a distand 57th or something like that.

Get better soon!
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline rmcrowe

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 12:06:10 PM »
Concur, get better.  Watch out for possible allergic reactions when you change meds.  Put my dad in the hospital last year.

robert

Offline ShadoCat

• Commander
    • http://www.assistsolar.com
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 04:27:26 PM »
Get yourself better.

It's no fun when the microbes start going 4x on your system.

Offline yamo

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • y
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 06:48:35 AM »
ugh yes ...i had bronchitis this week too...but only in one lung...which is both comforting and a little unsettling.  and this morning ...acid reflux!  damn fatty foods.  get sleep, drink fluids, dream of venusian space babes.