Author Topic: Add a "Land on assigned mothership" default order  (Read 2019 times)

Offline steili (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
Add a "Land on assigned mothership" default order
« on: March 11, 2016, 09:12:57 PM »
I suggest that an "Land on assigned mothership" default order is added to the list of possible default actions. 

This would make it possible to send out e. g.  fighters to do a job (e. g.  surveying a system) and then have them automatically return to their mothership when the job is done.

I found myself missing this feature when I started experimenting with a exploration carrier. The carrier would bring 6 geo survey fighters and 6 grav survey fighters with the primary default order set to the appropriate survey order. With the suggested feature, I could've set up "Land on assigned mothership" as a secondary default order, and have them return to the mothership when they ran out of stuff to survey.

(I ended up using "Follow higher order fleet in system" as the secondary default order, and then recover them as soon as they came back to the mothershi as a "work-around")

Obviously not the most important feature suggestion, but it would be a nice feature to have in the game in my opinion. I also suspect that it would require a relatively low amount of code to add the implementation.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:24:05 PM by steili »

Offline DIT_grue

• Lieutenant
  • D
Re: Add a "Land on assigned mothership" default order
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 11:09:31 PM »
A few common new user mis-posts (discussed in detail below):

2)  Starting a new thread in Suggestions, rather than posting to the official thread for the next major version.

While there are (very rare) exceptions, you shouldn't make new threads in the Suggestions subforum - post to the stickied thread instead, so your idea isn't unintentionally ignored.

Offline steili (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 11:29:36 PM »
While there are (very rare) exceptions, you shouldn't make new threads in the Suggestions subforum - post to the stickied thread instead, so your idea isn't unintentionally ignored.

Thanks for letting me know, I considered posting the suggestion in the 7.0 thread, but since we're on 7.1 now I didn't think that would be the correct place to put it.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 04:56:00 AM »
I wanted that too for a while, and support this for the described survey carrier intend. There is either much click work involved in recovering them otherwise, or you just have to cope with a while of log spam before everyone is finished and you can finally order the lead ship to copy a landing order to all others.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 08:54:06 AM »
Thanks for letting me know, I considered posting the suggestion in the 7.0 thread, but since we're on 7.1 now I didn't think that would be the correct place to put it.

You're at least the 2nd person who's said that, so I changed the title of the thread to use 7.x instead of 7.0.  Have fun!

John
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 07:27:48 AM by sloanjh »

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 12:15:47 PM »
Would be a nice feature. Though it could get annoying with fighters that you tell to hold a position, to suddenly start RTB because they didnt have an active order