Author Topic: Paying build cost and minerals  (Read 1973 times)

Offline smoelf (OP)

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Paying build cost and minerals
« on: October 20, 2016, 11:03:30 AM »
I tried searching, but couldn't find an answer to this, but at what point do you actually pay the cost for building anything? When you place the production/build order, when the order finishes, or is the cost spread out over the time it takes to complete the order? I'm particularly thinking about the implications for cancelling an order, and whether it is "free", has full cost, or only partial cost.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Paying build cost and minerals
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 11:12:36 AM »
I tried searching, but couldn't find an answer to this, but at what point do you actually pay the cost for building anything? When you place the production/build order, when the order finishes, or is the cost spread out over the time it takes to complete the order? I'm particularly thinking about the implications for cancelling an order, and whether it is "free", has full cost, or only partial cost.

The cost in wealth and minerals is taken over the entire period, so if you abandon at 50% complete you will already have spent 50% of the wealth and minerals for the project.

The following users thanked this post: smoelf

Offline ryuga81

• Chief Petty Officer
  • r
Re: Paying build cost and minerals
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 09:09:48 AM »
Components in shipbuilding are used as soon as you start production (it doesn't even take an increment, it's instant AFAIK), so they go *poof* if you queue something by mistake.