Author Topic: Discovered minerals: no  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
Discovered minerals: no
« on: March 09, 2017, 04:44:59 PM »
During both orbital and land geosurvey I get from time to time a message something was found, "Discovered minerals", but minerals are listed neither in that message nor in any other screen. What's going on? This is different from "Nothing found" event but in the end the effect is the same. Is this supposed to be so?

Offline Titanian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
Re: Discovered minerals: no
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 09:01:59 AM »
Hm, that might be a case where the team finds something, but the found minerals are less and with worse accessability that the ones already present, so the old ones don't get updatet. Just a guess though.

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 12:25:08 PM »
But I think I have seen it happen even with orbit surveys.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 03:13:55 PM »
Its caused by an overflow in the coding somewhere. If you look at the amount/availability of the materials before and after, you will see at least some changes.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 08:12:05 AM »
Its caused by an overflow in the coding somewhere. If you look at the amount/availability of the materials before and after, you will see at least some changes.
Ah, OK. I noted while minerals are not shown in Event log and System map doesn't even offer
  • to show them, the mineral deposits can be seen when I make a colony at that body. Here it is shown for an orbital survey of one moon:
Off-Topic: show

This doesn't work for Gas planets/Superjovians though so I don't know yet how to find out how much Sorium there is.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 08:14:17 AM by Detros »

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 12:39:20 PM »
There is a window, accessed via a button at the top, that gives a full summary of minerals within the current system.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 12:51:41 PM »
There is a window, accessed via a button at the top, that gives a full summary of minerals within the current system.
Do you mean Geological Survey Report? That doesn't show such bugged bodies either. There is only an empty line so I guess that's that.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 08:00:42 AM »
Odd, it should look something like the attached image. Either you encountered a bug, or you have a system with nothing selected.