Distant Worlds 2

(1/5) > >>

Jorgen_CAB:
Looking really good in my opinion... ;)¨

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWD5Btwedys&t=4073s

Droll:
No release date yet?

But there's a steam page.
If this comes out during exam season I'm in big trouble.

Also it looks like the race selection is less extensive but that might be because of alpha
No pirate empire kind of sucks though

Froggiest1982:

--- Quote from: Droll on January 27, 2021, 02:31:35 PM ---No release date yet?

Also it looks like the race selection is less extensive but that might be because of alpha

--- End quote ---

I have followed the twitch stream live and I seem to recall that it was said it will be actually possible to play as a pirate faction.

I'll have to rewatch it then.

Droll:

--- Quote from: froggiest1982 on January 27, 2021, 03:38:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: Droll on January 27, 2021, 02:31:35 PM ---No release date yet?

--- End quote ---

I have followed the twitch stream live and I seem to recall that it was said it will be actually possible to play as a pirate faction.

I'll have to rewatch it then.

--- End quote ---

Not too long after the timestamp that OP posted he explicitly says "no pirate empire at launch" but does not give a hard no as to keep future addition a possibility.
Note that pirate empire might not be the same as playable pirates so we might both be right.

Jorgen_CAB:
Yes... no playable pirate faction at launch... but neither had the original game either. We can't really expect every odd option available in the old game to return at launch, that would not be fair. The important thing is that all of the core mechanic is either retained or improved upon, even those that came with the expansions.

I think this as all proper and fair... who knows what they have planned for future expansions. Perhaps something even better... I don't know if playable pirate factions is actually all that necessary for many other things they could do instead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version