Author Topic: C# Aurora v0.x Suggestions  (Read 349032 times)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: C# Aurora v0.x Suggestions
« Reply #1230 on: June 22, 2019, 04:11:50 AM »
Yes, I believe you remember correctly.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1231 on: June 24, 2019, 05:12:13 AM »
The new option for "Human NPRs"; could it be possible to make the chance variable? Not fixed 1/3rd but rather an option and we can choose how likely the chance for a human NPR is?

The following users thanked this post: Titanian

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #1232 on: June 24, 2019, 08:19:18 AM »
The new option for "Human NPRs"; could it be possible to make the chance variable? Not fixed 1/3rd but rather an option and we can choose how likely the chance for a human NPR is?

Yes, I will probably change to that at some point.

The following users thanked this post: TMaekler

Offline Happerry

• Leading Rate
« Reply #1233 on: June 25, 2019, 12:57:20 AM »
Any chance that we could eventually have sort of 'Conserve NPR Variety' option based on the 'Human NPR' option? IE, instead of just the oldest population just an already existing population? For stuff like when two empires met and destroyed each other both can have remnants showing up, or when a big galactic federation went up in flames it left colonies of all its member species scattered around and so on?

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, Doren, Agoelia

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1234 on: June 25, 2019, 06:36:15 AM »
Actually fuel consumption per engine hour is a general tech that is automatically applied to all engine types. I know it would not add much to gameplay except more "realism", but I would like to have fuel consumption per engine hour dependend upon each engine class. So at first when you research a new type of engine class, it might be faster but would eventually eat much more fuel, Later on you would get the benefit of lesser fuel consumption as you research it.

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #1235 on: June 26, 2019, 10:20:11 AM »
Quote from: TMaekler link=topic=9841. msg115091#msg115091 date=1561462575
Actually fuel consumption per engine hour is a general tech that is automatically applied to all engine types.  I know it would not add much to gameplay except more "realism", but I would like to have fuel consumption per engine hour dependend upon each engine class.  So at first when you research a new type of engine class, it might be faster but would eventually eat much more fuel, Later on you would get the benefit of lesser fuel consumption as you research it.
I once thought of this but each engine tech step needs to matter a lot less and the fuel tech needs to be really cheap compared to next engine tech to be worth to research.
Right now engine tech is more or less the priority 1 tech in the game and you would be hard pressed to diver resources from trying to go forward with it.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #1236 on: June 26, 2019, 12:17:02 PM »
Except in multi-faction Sol starts, where the delay between starting engine research and putting faster ships into combat can be sufficiently long that researching other things becomes more important. But granted, that is a fairly rare case.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #1237 on: June 26, 2019, 04:25:41 PM »
To be honest I like the fact that you would research fuel efficiency for each class rather than just one universal technology... this could make it worth sticking to an older engine even if you have a newer technology. They might even be better than the new engine given you can increase the power setting but still burn less fuel for the same speed.

Older engines might be slightly slower but certainly more economical.

It would then make more interesting choices, the question would then be how to balance the cost of research.

I also agree on the multiple faction type of games. Here ships develop more organic and much less in leaps and bounds. You are also quite likely to be stuck with ships having several technological standards of everything. You will never be able to convert all your ships from one technology to the next so everything will always be in some state of flux.

Offline Expy

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • E
« Reply #1238 on: June 27, 2019, 10:51:55 AM »
I don't know if this has been suggested before but I really liked the idea of a ship's computer/ AI tech that would reduce the crew requirement: research could determine the crew quality that the computer could simulate, how many crew it can replace per ton stuff like that.  Precursor ships could be translated to use these systems instead of what they do right now.

I'm really looking forward to getting to fool around in C#, whenever you decide to release it! =)

Offline tobijon

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • t
« Reply #1239 on: June 27, 2019, 02:04:33 PM »
I don't know if this has been suggested before but I really liked the idea of a ship's computer/ AI tech that would reduce the crew requirement: research could determine the crew quality that the computer could simulate, how many crew it can replace per ton stuff like that.  Precursor ships could be translated to use these systems instead of what they do right now.

I'm really looking forward to getting to fool around in C#, whenever you decide to release it! =)

I have thought about this before and I think that the best way to do it would be to reduce crew requirement (and therefore shipsize) at the cost of high resource requirement. having to choose between cheap crew compartments and very expensive automated systems. Perhaps with a tech research line for a maximum percentage or amount of reduced crew, or a research chain to replace the crew of certain components.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1240 on: July 02, 2019, 07:39:52 AM »
Level of Importance for Task Groups:
I usually rename my Task Groups with spaces in front of them so that the more important ones are at the top of my TG list. That on the other hand gets a bit "out of hand" when you do that with several levels of importance. Would be nice if we could add a "level of importance" to the TG and that the TG list will be sorted by that level of importance first; then name etc.

Offline Shuul

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #1241 on: July 02, 2019, 07:41:30 AM »
I usually rename my Task Groups with spaces in front of them so that the more important ones are at the top of my TG list. That on the other hand gets a bit "out of hand" when you do that with several levels of importance. Would be nice if we could add a "level of importance" to the TG and that the TG list will be sorted by that level of importance first; then name etc.
Totally support this idea!!!!!

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #1242 on: July 02, 2019, 09:07:42 AM »

With the Fleet Tree and Admin Commands, you can organize your task groups and see a lot of them at once, so you won't have the same issue as VB6

The following users thanked this post: waresky, Peregrine

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #1243 on: July 02, 2019, 11:17:03 AM »
Not sure if its been asked for but I would like to have an "Default order" for rescue lifepods, gets a bit tedious to do it the "Hard way" for 300 pods, friendly and non friendly
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

The following users thanked this post: chrislocke2000, papent

Offline Shuul

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #1244 on: July 03, 2019, 02:51:06 AM »
Defining which events break up the time progression cycle

Copy of posting from here:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=9835

Would be nice if we could choose which actions stop a time progression cycle early and which don't. At least for some of them I cannot understand why they stop it early.

Not sure if this was added or not, but choosing what stops time cycles is something I am hoping for :)