Author Topic: Text Export  (Read 1407 times)

Offline emchammer (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • e
Text Export
« on: August 30, 2014, 06:00:10 PM »
I've been coming across the shortened 6 hour turns for a few RL days now. After some forum searching it seems a good way to find out what is going on is to export the event log.

I can't for the life of me find out what that entails and none of the posts explain to do the export and check why you're having short turns actually explains the process. I see the button on the event screen, I'm in SM mode, hell I've even tried it with notepad already open and I just can't seem to get anything to happen. I've checked the aurora folder to see if its been saved anywhere and I've come up with nothing.

What exactly is supposed to happen when you hit "Text File" on the events screen as mine just thinks for a minute and then nothing happens, I'm not to sure what to expect.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Text Export
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 12:06:55 AM »
Maybe look for a logs folder in the root of your installed drive

Offline emchammer (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • e
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 12:17:17 AM »
Yeah I've found that one and It gives me some information but it isnt up to date. The last log ends 2 game years ago. I was hoping the export would give me a current log to work with.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 02:50:15 AM »
In SM mode the Text File button on the Events page places a file called "SMEventsLog.txt" in your Aurora Folder. When opened in Notepad you can then use the "Find" mode under the edit dropdown menu to locate the specific day you want to view.

DavidR

Offline rcj33

• Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 02:55:56 AM »
Make sure to enter the exact date in the search field as the output file is auto-sorted by day/month/year and not by year/month/day.

Offline emchammer (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • e
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 04:42:11 AM »
Yeah that's what I was afraid of, I'm not getting any files written in either the logs or the aurora folder. I've check permissions to write to that folder etc but I cant think of anything else.  Thanks for trying anyway all.

Offline emchammer (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • e
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 07:37:35 AM »
Just for anyone who searches this in the future.

My work around for not having a file export was to use the backup ones in the logs folder in your C: Drive. I had to wait till the end of the log cycle (2 years-ish) before each one would write to a new file.

Before the cycle ended I went through all the systems I suspected the slow downs were coming from and used the "fixed names" button in the system information screen (F9). Once the new log came up I was able to tell where the action was happening using my own system names rather then the generated ones the computer will assign for NPRs and spoilers. Upon later reflection I've realised it wasn't necessary to re-search the whole system. SMing in 50,000 DSTS through the "SM mods" button on the F2 screen would have been simpler.

Turns out after all that I'd missed a secondary outpost in the asteroid belt and it kept detecting my colony ships moving in and out. Sigh.

Nothing more satisfying than a 25 day turn after RL days of 6 hour ticks. Can't believe I nearly walked away from a 65 year game for a size 10 signature outpost. . .

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 05:07:43 PM »
this has been happening to me too, so it's fortuitous that this came up.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound