Author Topic: Shipyard TG  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Icecoon (OP)

• Lieutenant
Shipyard TG
« on: September 22, 2012, 10:31:37 AM »
Hi.  I have sent my shipyard TG with my new ships for some TF training until my newest ships roll out of the shipyards, but i got this problem.
When i cancelled the TF training and sent back the Shipyard TG back to my planet it says, that it can not move because it's about to recieve the new ships.  Should I cancel the production, or is there any other way so solve my problem?
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

Offline Zook

• Commander
Re: Shipyard TG
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 11:43:12 AM »
Can you create a new task group and transfer the ships, leaving the empty TG in space?

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 11:45:10 AM »
1) That TG is stuck.  Whatever you do, DON'T DELETE IT until ALL construction aimed at it appears - otherwise the ships created go into the space-time void (disappear).

2) You can make a new TG and transfer your ships into it.  I would recommend saving before you do so, because I have a vague recollection that Aurora used to auto-delete a TG when all ships were transferred out, which would put you back in item 1 above :)  I'm 99% sure this is no longer an issue, but it's a good idea to save before risky behavior just to be sure....  (There's an FAQ on how to manage saves).

John

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 11:46:04 AM »
One thing I forgot - you can use SM mode to move the stuck TG to the planet that has the SY.  You just can't give it move orders....

John

Offline schroeam

• Lt. Commander
  • s
  • "Let's try a new strategy, let the Wookiee win"
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 01:08:28 PM »
1) That TG is stuck.  Whatever you do, DON'T DELETE IT until ALL construction aimed at it appears - otherwise the ships created go into the space-time void (disappear).

2) You can make a new TG and transfer your ships into it.  I would recommend saving before you do so, because I have a vague recollection that Aurora used to auto-delete a TG when all ships were transferred out, which would put you back in item 1 above :)  I'm 99% sure this is no longer an issue, but it's a good idea to save before risky behavior just to be sure....  (There's an FAQ on how to manage saves).

John
You are correct that it is no longer an issue.  The TG will still be there because there are ships tied to it that are in the shipyard.  Even if there weren't ships tied to it you could still move the existing ships to another TG and the original TG would remain until manually deleted.

One thing you can try, is move your existing ships to another TG, take a third TG and absorb the first TG, and then rename the second TG.  SAVE BEFORE YOU TRY THIS.  I am at work otherwise I would try this first.  I just haven't ever absorbed a TG that has new construction assigned to it.  I don't think anything bad should happen.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 07:48:11 PM »
One thing you can try, is move your existing ships to another TG, take a third TG and absorb the first TG, and then rename the second TG. 
My expectation is that this is exactly what you do NOT want to do.  Absorbing the first TG will probably delete it, at which point your construction gets orphaned. Besides, there's no need - you can just split all the ships out of the first TG into another....

John

Offline Icecoon (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 04:48:04 AM »
Ok.  I have transferred the ships to another TG, sent them back to the planet and then transferred them back again to the Shipyard TG in hope, that it will appear at the planet.  That was not the case, the Shipyard TG is on the same place where it stopped the TF training.   ;D

Should I leave it empty in space? Will the fresh ships magically appear in that TG after the construction is finished?

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

Offline Icecoon (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 05:20:14 AM »
Hooray.  It worked and the newly constructed ship just magically appeared in the Shipyard TG which is cca 500m km away from the planet.   :D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 05:23:54 AM by Icecoon »

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 06:07:09 AM »
To put the TG back in orbit, enter SM mode, open the Task Group screen --> History/Officers/Misc --> On the right, you set the position to Sol System, Earth (or whatever your homeworld is) and hit save. If your HW is also your captal, you can also just hit the Captial button.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Icecoon (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 12:44:04 AM »
Thanks folks.
When the construction was finished i was able to send the TG back home.
Good to know i can SM stuck TGs back home.  :)

Offline Rabid_Cog

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 01:29:18 AM »
Yeah, the real bug is that you can send a TG that is set to receive ships finishing construction (and thus normally cannot move) to do TF training, making them run all over the system. That is why it is best to put ships in a different TG before sending them to do training and leaving a Shipyard TG at each planet that doesn't move.
I have my own subforum now!
Shameless plug for my own Aurora story game:
5.6 part: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,4988.0.html
6.2 part: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,5906.0.html

Feel free to post comments!
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,5452.0.html