Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 271221 times)

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #1275 on: January 09, 2021, 11:33:47 PM »
The ability to queue up slipway additions for shipyards. Really annoying when I'm trying to build a FAC shipyard with 10 or so slipways with how fast they build.

Perhaps an 'expand to X slipays' order like the greatly improved 'expand to capacity' order.

The following users thanked this post: Droll, serger, lordcirth, BAGrimm, alex_g

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1276 on: January 10, 2021, 07:26:31 AM »
Sometimes it is a bit annoying to select the right modules for a ship. Who knows be the names "small", "tiny", etc. what exact size that component is - especially because they can be a different size depending on the type of module. So it boils down to try. I changed my module names so that I can see that instantly in the module name - but I have to do it anew with every new release. Since there is a special module found in the Reddit modding forum for exactly this, I suggest that Steve includes the respective sizes of the modules in the base game. Seems to me that I am not the only one doing this... .

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, serger, lordcirth, BAGrimm, Zap0

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #1277 on: January 10, 2021, 01:29:04 PM »
I know a lot of people would appreciate Ground Forces automatic name generation to be changed so it only starts counting the number of that specific template used instead of all of them (so you don't get 1st infantry battalion and then 2nd motorized battalion even though its the first mot battalion you built).

I'd go a step further and suggest that the game let us 'lock' in a custom name for the units you are about to train (for example, 'Mars Infantry Battalion) and then automatically apply numbers as you queue up production orders (so you get 1st Mars Infantry Battalion and then 2nd Mars Infantry Battalion and so on) until you unlock or change the custom name.

The following users thanked this post: lordcirth

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1278 on: January 10, 2021, 01:40:46 PM »
I know a lot of people would appreciate Ground Forces automatic name generation to be changed so it only starts counting the number of that specific template used instead of all of them (so you don't get 1st infantry battalion and then 2nd motorized battalion even though its the first mot battalion you built).

I'd go a step further and suggest that the game let us 'lock' in a custom name for the units you are about to train (for example, 'Mars Infantry Battalion) and then automatically apply numbers as you queue up production orders (so you get 1st Mars Infantry Battalion and then 2nd Mars Infantry Battalion and so on) until you unlock or change the custom name.

The custom name sort of exists, before creating the formation training task you can rename the unit to whatever, but it doesn't get locked in for some reason so you have to retype said name. I think the custom name part of this suggestion is easily done, increment only the number and don't reset the name of the formation I'm training until I click on another formation template to train.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1279 on: January 10, 2021, 02:17:59 PM »

From the 1.13 changes:

Ordinal Numbers for ground formations will increment on a per-template basis rather than for all ground formations.

You can get the custom names to work by copying the formation template, if you don't mind a bit of extra clutter in the formations tab.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #1280 on: January 12, 2021, 12:19:10 PM »
Would it be possible to add choice to rename Order Templates?

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #1281 on: January 15, 2021, 05:14:59 AM »
The ability to build shipyards to specific specifications right off the bat would be nice.

Obviously a larger shipyard with more slipways would take longer to build an require more resources, but you could make it more efficient in terms of time and resources to build a large shipyard from scratch than modify it over time, the downside being that the larger shipyards won't be available until its complete. 

Streamlining shipyard construction is very important for me, as I find myself spending a lot of time just queuing up upgrade orders and its very tedious.

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, Warer

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #1282 on: January 15, 2021, 06:23:57 AM »
The ability to build shipyards to specific specifications right off the bat would be nice.

Obviously a larger shipyard with more slipways would take longer to build an require more resources, but you could make it more efficient in terms of time and resources to build a large shipyard from scratch than modify it over time, the downside being that the larger shipyards won't be available until its complete. 

Streamlining shipyard construction is very important for me, as I find myself spending a lot of time just queuing up upgrade orders and its very tedious.

The only thing that need to be added from this point of view are that slipways work as continual upgrade, you set the amount you need. You only need to interact two times to get to a specific yard. You could add a combination order to make it a one interaction only... but I would not think that is too important. But having the option to expand until you have X slipways should be simple enough to add.

I would not want an option for my construction factories to do this as that would in most cases be a complete waste of factory production as the yards can build themselves, I would never use that option for obvious reasons. Sure... you could potentially be pressed on time to get a yard up and factories could potential do it faster, but that would be in a desperate situation.

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, Gabrote42

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1283 on: January 15, 2021, 11:45:06 AM »
As SpaceMaster an option to create a Dummy-Technology which a nation has to research in order to be able to use certain tech combinations.

Trying to simulate Fuel Consumption Efficiency per Engine Type. So a dummy technology I can set up would help me not having to "keep a certain amount of research labs free for a specified time period to simulate the RPs needed for this".

The following users thanked this post: DIT_grue, xenoscepter, alex_g

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1284 on: January 16, 2021, 02:42:22 PM »
Medal conditions for terraforming, awarded e.g. when a world has been terraformed to CC 0.0 (and then three/five/ten/etc. as appropriate). Mechanically: awarded to any commander of a terraforming ship/station at a planet on the game tick that planet reaches CC 0.0.

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #1285 on: January 17, 2021, 10:57:50 AM »
I am using repair ships in my current campaign - based on commercial hangars. They work pretty nicely, but there is unfortunate consequence - repaired ships will suck all fuel from the repair ship if they have damaged fuel tanks. Would it be possible to add checkbox to forbid mothership to refuel parasites?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1286 on: January 17, 2021, 11:01:20 AM »
I am using repair ships in my current campaign - based on commercial hangars. They work pretty nicely, but there is unfortunate consequence - repaired ships will suck all fuel from the repair ship if they have damaged fuel tanks. Would it be possible to add checkbox to forbid mothership to refuel parasites?

Does this not exist already? If you select the mothership on the fleet OOB you should be able to access drop downs that affect resupply behaviour

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #1287 on: January 17, 2021, 11:50:33 AM »

Does this not exist already? If you select the mothership on the fleet OOB you should be able to access drop downs that affect resupply behaviour

I have dropdowns for resupply and ordnance, but not fuel. Does the resupply menu affects fuel as well?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1288 on: January 17, 2021, 12:02:27 PM »

I have dropdowns for resupply and ordnance, but not fuel. Does the resupply menu affects fuel as well?

don't know, what you can do instead is go to the class design and set a minimum fuel level for the ship
So if you have 1m liters of fuel and you only want it to refuel down to 800k, you set the minimum fuel to 800k and maybe it'll stop refueling parasites

The following users thanked this post: Black

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #1289 on: January 17, 2021, 12:05:19 PM »
don't know, what you can do instead is go to the class design and set a minimum fuel level for the ship
So if you have 1m liters of fuel and you only want it to refuel down to 800k, you set the minimum fuel to 800k and maybe it'll stop refueling parasites

That is a good idea, this should work. Thanks.