Author Topic: Can't unload cargo ((I have shuttle bay)  (Read 1445 times)

Offline RetiredNavyVet (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • R
Can't unload cargo ((I have shuttle bay)
« on: April 09, 2021, 08:28:09 PM »
Playing the latest patched version, and have made a few freighters with a cargo shuttle bay.   Loaded mass driver, but then can't add order to unload at Europa.   What am I missing?

R/
RetiredNavyVet

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Can't unload cargo ((I have shuttle bay)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 08:32:11 PM »
You need to have a colony on the body to unload to. Can't unload at any old body, has to be a colony. This is universally true for other things too, notably ground forces including Xenoarcheology and Geosurvey companies. Even applies to orbital mining platforms and terraformers believe it or not.

The only exception I can think of is fuel harvesting from a gas giant, since you can't colonize those anyways.

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 08:35:39 PM »
Playing the latest patched version, and have made a few freighters with a cargo shuttle bay.   Loaded mass driver, but then can't add order to unload at Europa.   What am I missing?

R/
RetiredNavyVet

Please do not forget the most important rule.

NEVER FORGET THE RECEIVING MASS DRIVER!

Offline RetiredNavyVet (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • R
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 08:37:38 PM »
I have the driver, just can't unload at the moon.   Ok, then.   So it needs to be a colony.   Was watcher a tutorial and he could unload without a colony.   Maybe he's got SM on or something. . . .

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 06:32:15 PM »
A colony does not have to have population or anything . Just declare a colony site on the asteroid and you can land mines, mass drivers etc and send Orbital miners and terraformers. Without a colony you can do none of these things.

Its a part of the program until you create a colony object linked to the planet object you cannot do Colony object related things. Creating the colony tells the program you are interested in doing things to the body, without that it just does not exist as something for many things to interact with.

The following users thanked this post: RetiredNavyVet