Author Topic: Civilization 6  (Read 6617 times)

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
Re: Civilization 6
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2016, 02:44:28 PM »
Played every game in the series and found something to like in each one even if I played some more than others. So I'll get it eventually, when it comes for Linux probably.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 06:25:59 AM »
Played it quite a lot. For some reason I can't get into in the same way as I have done with all the previous civ games (which is probably a good thing for Aurora development) :).

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2016, 08:29:54 AM »
Played it quite a lot. For some reason I can't get into in the same way as I have done with all the previous civ games (which is probably a good thing for Aurora development) :).

Me too (both on playing and not getting into it as much).  I think part of it is that they've made it a lot harder to understand what's going on - for example I still don't know how to figure out which cities have which amenities and how getting more would raise them for a particular city.  And it's not clear if the promotions available to apostles are one-time-only (like wonders) or if they're randomly chosen and able to repeat.  And how many points of which religion are in a city, and therefore what the impact of trying to convert it will be.  I know there have been 1/2 dozen things like this that I had to stumble upon in the GUI: "Oh, THAT's how you find that out".

In addition, it feels like a lot of the individual game mechanisms are less rich.  For example, it doesn't seem like city-states cry for help against other civs invading them any more - my recollection is that this would happen in Civ V.

On the plus side, I think I like the whole "boosting" concept for tech and social research.  OTOH, I'd REALLY like it if it would give me a warning when I'm 1/2 way there on an unboosted tech so I could switch to another one while waiting for the boost.

John

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2016, 12:08:27 PM »
So who has fallen into Crack VI?
Im not.
I hate 1UPT, i hate the mobile/cell phone game aesthetics, i hate districts and many many more "features" in CIV 6. Only thing good about this game is music.
CIV 4 is still the God Emperor for me.

P.s. those frakking tech quotes are beyond awful .. Like they compiled them from some "top 100 cool quotes" clickbait site or something like that .. Compared to Alpha Centauri its a frakking joke.
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

The following users thanked this post: Mastik, Korsar13

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2016, 04:49:03 AM »
Me too (both on playing and not getting into it as much).  I think part of it is that they've made it a lot harder to understand what's going on - for example I still don't know how to figure out which cities have which amenities and how getting more would raise them for a particular city.  And it's not clear if the promotions available to apostles are one-time-only (like wonders) or if they're randomly chosen and able to repeat.  And how many points of which religion are in a city, and therefore what the impact of trying to convert it will be.  I know there have been 1/2 dozen things like this that I had to stumble upon in the GUI: "Oh, THAT's how you find that out".

Yeah I have to agree with this. Alot of stuff is much more hidden then it should be, probably for no other reason then the game to "look nice" on the surface, which is not appealing to players playing Aurora  ;D

I hate 1UPT, i hate the mobile/cell phone game aesthetics, i hate districts and many many more "features" in CIV 6. Only thing good about this game is music.

I think districts are genius, a minigame with adjacency bonuses + putting the map to good use, and how they are tied in to everything else. But they cost a bit much ( or maybe I just didn't figure out how to get good production yet ).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 04:51:21 AM by alex_brunius »

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2016, 09:42:36 AM »
P.s. those frakking tech quotes are beyond awful .. Like they compiled them from some "top 100 cool quotes" clickbait site or something like that .. Compared to Alpha Centauri its a frakking joke.

Know what you mean. Wish that new AC version they made would have kept the old factions and backstory and been more of a modern remake

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 12:44:20 AM »
Are you talking about civilizations beyond earth? What I heard of it was it's basically civ 5 with an Alpha centauri flavour.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline baconholic

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • b
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2016, 11:56:15 PM »
Are you talking about civilizations beyond earth? What I heard of it was it's basically civ 5 with an Alpha centauri flavour.

Beyond Earth doesn't exists, I refuse to recognize it's existence. Civ 5 Brave New World was the last Civ made until Civ 6.

The following users thanked this post: GodEmperor

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2016, 02:41:10 AM »
Beyond Earth doesn't exists, I refuse to recognize it's existence. Civ 5 Brave New World was the last Civ made until Civ 6.

Yes, must have been why I couldn't remember the name even. Maybe I should be happy they didn't ruin the Alpha Centauri name by using it for this, now there is still hope for a proper sequel some day.