Author Topic: Invader motive!  (Read 3730 times)

Offline IanD (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
Invader motive!
« on: October 20, 2011, 03:00:54 AM »
I have been playing in Designer mode for a while, to try and clear some of the inevitable multitude of Invader/Precursor/Star Swarm engagements when I noticed the following in the Event Updates screen:

It was flagged Race - Invader, Activity - Civilian Activity, System - Theta Persei, Event – Invader Fleet #13090 has notified Fleet Command that it intendeds to Unload Trade Goods at Earth!

Nobody told me I had a trade agreement with the Greater Darkness!!! I wonder what sort of “Trade Goods” they will try to unload on Earth? Are Invaders simply misunderstood, do they just want free trade access to your planets and because no-one can understand them, are they just rather forceful at insisting?

IanD
IanD

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
Re: Invader motive!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 05:03:42 AM »
The invaders bring liberty!  In convenient, explosive, cylindrical packages!

not exactly safe for work :  http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-06-02/1243897107525.jpg
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 05:05:16 AM by Thiosk »

Offline Din182

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 06:13:17 PM »
-snip-
Invader Fleet #13090 has notified Fleet Command that it intendeds to Unload Trade Goods at Earth!

Nobody told me I had a trade agreement with the Greater Darkness!!! I wonder what sort of “Trade Goods” they will try to unload on Earth? Are Invaders simply misunderstood, do they just want free trade access to your planets and because no-one can understand them, are they just rather forceful at insisting?
This is going in my signature
Invader Fleet #13090 has notified Fleet Command that it intendeds to Unload Trade Goods at Earth!

Offline Tarran

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 08:52:02 PM »
I wonder what sort of “Trade Goods” they will try to unload on Earth?
Considering their First Contact routine is blowing said First Contacts into intergalactic dust, and their diplomacy consists of nothing but Pew Pew Lazorz, my bet is explosives powerful enough to destroy the entire 5 Light Years around Earth. :P

Offline Din182

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 10:12:16 PM »
Considering their First Contact routine is blowing said First Contacts into intergalactic dust, and their diplomacy consists of nothing but Pew Pew Lazorz, my bet is explosives powerful enough to destroy the entire 5 Light Years around Earth. :P
So, it will destroy Alpha Centauri too?  :P

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 02:36:28 AM »

Dumping Infrastructure after they have "purified" everything down to the bacteria  ;D

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 01:23:51 PM »
I bet it's alien artifacts. Fast, explosive alien artifacts.