Author Topic: AuroraMod 1.10.x - Custom colors, fonts, scale, window resizing, auto-save, etc  (Read 5527 times)

Offline twice2double (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • t
Note: This version of AuroraMod is now deprecated - http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11568.0

Reddit Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/aurora4x_mods/comments/grvc9k/mod_auroramod_110x_custom_colors_fonts_window/
MediaFire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lgs7z2t0787mtdv/AuroraMod-1.10.0-1.zip/file

Current Features:
    - Customizable theme (icons, background colors, text colors, UI scale, font, and font size)
    - Window resizing
    - Save notification and auto-save
    - Shortcut keys (Economics and Fleet windows)
    - Customizable date formats and culture settings (comma vs period)
    - Game generation seed
    - Custom mineral display names
    - Configuration GUI

Upcoming Features:
    - More color config options
    - Wiki integration
    - More keyboard shortcuts (Tactical map, Galatic Map, Class Design, etc)
    - Theme improvements (pulled from external source)

Installation:
    1) Extract in your Aurora 1.10.x folder
    2) Fire up AuroraMod.exe
    OR just use AuroraLoader

FAQ:
    Q: Do I have to start a new campaign to use this mod?
    A: No, you can freely switch back and forth between the mod and vanilla Aurora provided they have matching version numbers (ie: Aurora 1.10.x is compatible with AuroraMod 1.10.x-x).
    Q: This mod doesn't even do anything! Lame.
    A: Ensure you're starting Aurora with the provided exe (AuroraMod.exe) and you have enabled one or more features in the configuration window.

Disclaimer:
By using this mod, you forfeit the option of submitting bugs on the forum. If you encounter a bug, please attempt to reproduce on vanilla Aurora (you can use the same DB), then report your findings here. We can discuss further actions from there.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 08:49:02 AM by twice2double »

The following users thanked this post: Shadow, serger, Adrinus, UberWaffe, skoormit, Destragon

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Good work on this one, I use it only to change the colors.

Just note the new import button on medals tab doesn't apply changes on the interface. I am using one of the premade themes.

image attached.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 07:24:37 PM by froggiest1982 »

• t
Just note the new import button on medals tab doesn't apply changes on the interface. I am using one of the premade themes.

Thanks. This has been fixed and will be in the next release.

Offline Larz

• Leading Rate
  • L
Some of the icons on the Galactic Map window are not replaced with the new theme (Line up systems, Return systems, Save systems). I have attached an image. Also, the icon that looks like the Open System View Window on the main view doesn't do anything but that also happens on vanilla Aurora.

Offline vorpal+5

• Captain
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
Nice one, the custom element names! I can now pretend my ships use Metallic Hydrogen instead of Sorium  ;D

Can you also replace the 2 gazes used for terraforming? Not a fan of the steampunk-flavored current names!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 06:01:02 AM by vorpal+5 »

Offline vorpal+5

• Captain
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
Unrelated to my previous post, another remark: the new icons are nice, but the fact they are not in color make them harder to memorize. I reverted to the vanilla ones in the end. They might not be fully appropriate to my campaign (British flag, star destroyer) but their color makes them very easy to memorize.

The following users thanked this post: serger

Offline Cinnius

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C
Unrelated to my previous post, another remark: the new icons are nice, but the fact they are not in color make them harder to memorize. I reverted to the vanilla ones in the end. They might not be fully appropriate to my campaign (British flag, star destroyer) but their color makes them very easy to memorize.

is it possible to have a colored variant? perhaps a system similar to that of the theme?
I honestly prefer this more neutral style, but having the ability to choose would not be a bad idea

• t
Some of the icons on the Galactic Map window are not replaced with the new theme (Line up systems, Return systems, Save systems). I have attached an image. Also, the icon that looks like the Open System View Window on the main view doesn't do anything but that also happens on vanilla Aurora.

Yeah I just ran out of icons :)
I'm a terrible artist and I just use what people give me.

• t

Same as my comment above - I'm no artist. But I'll add icons that people send my way.

Offline Cinnius

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C

Yeah I just ran out of icons :)
I'm a terrible artist and I just use what people give me.

it's possible to use this? http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10809.0

• t
it's possible to use this? http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10809.0

Yeah for sure. I got Adrinus to send me the icons and it's now on my TODO list.

• t
Updated to 1.10.0-1. Few bug fixes and added Adrinus' icon set.
This will probably be the last update for the 1.10.x. I'll most likely create a thread for 1.11.x tomorrow.

The following users thanked this post: Cinnius