Author Topic: AuroraMod 1.11.x - Custom colors, fonts, scale, window resizing, auto-save, etc  (Read 15805 times)

Offline twice2double (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • t

Reddit Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/aurora4x_mods/comments/gst620/mod_auroramod_111x_custom_colors_fonts_window/
MediaFire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/po8w787r6t0hjni/AuroraMod-1.11.0-1.zip/file

Update 1.11.0-1: Fixed SM system creation bug and small UI bug fix for button display

Current Features:
    - Customizable theme (icons, background colors, text colors, UI scale, font, and font size)
    - Window resizing
    - Save notification and auto-save
    - Shortcut keys (Economics and Fleet windows)
    - Customizable date formats and culture settings (comma vs period)
    - Game generation seed
    - Custom mineral display names
    - Configuration GUI

See the AuroraMod Trello board to see upcoming features and to vote on features you would like to see next - https://trello.com/b/fU5Tgdd2/auroramod

Installation:
    1) Extract in your Aurora 1.11.x folder
    2) Fire up AuroraMod.exe
    OR just use AuroraLoader

FAQ:
    Q: Do I have to start a new campaign to use this mod?
    A: No, you can freely switch back and forth between the mod and vanilla Aurora provided they have matching version numbers (ie: Aurora 1.11.x is compatible with AuroraMod 1.11.x-x).
    Q: This mod doesn't even do anything! Lame.
    A: Ensure you're starting Aurora with the provided exe (AuroraMod.exe) and you have enabled one or more features in the configuration window.

Disclaimer:
By using this mod, you forfeit the option of submitting bugs on the forum. If you encounter a bug, please attempt to reproduce on vanilla Aurora (you can use the same DB), then report your findings here. We can discuss further actions from there.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 09:15:47 PM by twice2double »

The following users thanked this post: serger, Cinnius, Walrus, UberWaffe

Offline Cinnius

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C
Is it possible to create an alternative version of Adrinus icons with inverted colors? so you can use it with a black background..
at this time they can only be used with light backgrounds :c

anyway thanks for the work! ;D

Offline simast

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
Found a bug: The "Create System" button in SM mode always throws errors when I use it on a fresh game with this mod. What is weird that if I launch Aurora without this mod it does work  :-\

The following users thanked this post: Cobaia

Offline MinuteMan

• Petty Officer
  • M
Hey Twice2Double,

Thanks for the mod.
I've got a request for you.

Can you provide the following feature?

Set default background and text colors for all(the important ones) event types?
So that we do not need to do it again each time we start a new game.

Thanks!

• t
Is it possible to create an alternative version of Adrinus icons with inverted colors? so you can use it with a black background..
at this time they can only be used with light backgrounds :c

I'll add it in if someone takes on the work of converting the images :)

• t
Found a bug: The "Create System" button in SM mode always throws errors when I use it on a fresh game with this mod. What is weird that if I launch Aurora without this mod it does work  :-\

Thanks! I don't use SM mode often so those often slip by. This is fixed in 1.11.0-1, which will be released soon.
In the mean-time you can use vanilla Aurora to create the systems.

• t

How often are you starting a new game!? :D

I'll look into it, but I'd consider that a low priority.

Offline MinuteMan

• Petty Officer
  • M

With each new major version I'm restarting :-D

Offline kenlon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • k

I'd want that just to actually have exact consistency between games - sure, I've got the general colors I use down in a text file, but not the exact hues. (Of course, this is functionality that really should be baked into the game, not modded in, like being able to import/export races with full naming themes set so I don't have to set those up Every Single Time ARGH. *cough*)

• t
I created a Trello board where I can keep track of requested features and others can keep track of what feature I'm currently working on.
I added the two features requested in the thread so far.
Please go in a vote for the features you would like and I'll prioritize work based on those votes.

https://trello.com/b/fU5Tgdd2/auroramod

Offline infernobirdkrpt

• Leading Rate
  • i
Hey I used this mod because of the resize windows options, although there is a bug on the mod.  When i run it in normal game when i geosurvey planets minerals show up as they do normally.  BUT when I use this mod and when I send out ships absolutely no resources can be found on any planet in any system. 

Offline kenlon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • k
Hey I used this mod because of the resize windows options, although there is a bug on the mod.  When i run it in normal game when i geosurvey planets minerals show up as they do normally.  BUT when I use this mod and when I send out ships absolutely no resources can be found on any planet in any system.

How many games have you had it happen in?

Offline infernobirdkrpt

• Leading Rate
  • i
Only one so far, but it did seem strange that Mars, Venus, Jupiter and other bodies had no resources on them at all while using the mod.

Offline infernobirdkrpt

• Leading Rate
  • i
Could it be because I have no commander assigned to the ship. 

Offline Magellanic

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
Hey! First of all thank you for the mod, it's been a saver for my eyes! A small issue I've noticed is that minerals don't seem to align correctly to their column in the Mineral view. 

For example: https: //imgur. com/a/vkmqxmU - first image is with Default Aurora, second image with the mod enabled.