Author Topic: Alien contact rammed my ship?  (Read 1147 times)

Offline laz (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
Alien contact rammed my ship?
« on: May 10, 2010, 05:06:27 AM »
Encountered the "spoiler" race in a star system with one of my crude old geosurvey ships. So  I was awaiting the inevitable nuclear exploison detected boom wreck messages to pop up as usual instead I got this...

a message pop up that it then failed to ram my ship

It then had a second attempt and was successful doing 120 points of damage and recieving 60 itself.

I've never known Prescursor/NPR ships to do that? Is this a tactic or an order you can do with your own ships i've never seen it discussed as an option?

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Alien contact rammed my ship?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 05:47:07 AM »
Quote from: "laz"
Encountered the "spoiler" race in a star system with one of my crude old geosurvey ships. So  I was awaiting the inevitable nuclear exploison detected boom wreck messages to pop up as usual instead I got this...

a message pop up that it then failed to ram my ship

It then had a second attempt and was successful doing 120 points of damage and recieving 60 itself.

I've never known Prescursor/NPR ships to do that? Is this a tactic or an order you can do with your own ships i've never seen it discussed as an option?

Precursors do it (sometimes) when they run out of missiles - I've had it happen a time or three.  Usually I'm quite happy as in most cases its the only way that I get close enought to kill the little darlings
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline symon

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: Alien contact rammed my ship?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 12:00:26 PM »
Just had some gunboats do it to me.
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.