Author Topic: v1.9.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 18435 times)

Offline UberWaffe

• Chief Petty Officer
  • U
Re: v1.9.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2020, 02:17:51 AM »
Yes agree. It does state this in the Known Issues post that I ask people to read before posting bugs, but I think a popup on game start is probably best.
Perhaps also display a link in the popup to the "Known issues"post, so things like the date time formats and such also get covered.
And perhaps in the "Known I"issues post just comment at the bottom that these things can be fixed by adjusting your language settings in your operating system.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2020, 02:44:41 AM »
Quote from: Resand link=topic=11135. msg128884#msg128884 date=1588098325
JP don't really link back to known stars compared to VB 6

Reported in 1. 8, tested now in 1. 9

Link to the 1. 8 post (I hope) hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=10990. msg128854#msg128854

Did the same thing in 1. 9.  Got a few more loops this time around.   4 - 5, but doesn't seem correct still.
Count isn't exact as I've haven't bothered with lining the galaxy map up to count, since it seems like same situation as 1. 8

Stopped at 100 systems with a lot of JP remaining and a 50 system limit.

Btw: are the system in the Galactic Map supposed to f. . .  off to infinity if you don't manually organize them?
Might be something to do with SM'ing JP exploration, as the the map started of nice and grid like.

I also tried this with real stars in 1. 8, didn't make the cut to post it.  Same result as above.  4 - 5 loops.  Manually stopped at 100 systems with a 50 system limit and plenty of JPs left.

SMd around a bit aswell (Full Grav Survey -> Enter JPs) and noticed reoccurring system names if you use no theme.  Might help :)

I know we're covering the same ground as Discord again but as you're actually now reporting it was a bug I want to make sure you're fully taking on board that the local generation and spread settings do nothing in Known Stars.

You do NOT have a 90% chance of a local JP being rolled based on your settings as Known Stars has its own preset behaviour that overrides anything set in the game settings.

And the maximum number of systems setting also does nothing when applied to a known stars game.... again I know we're covering ground from Discord again, but after clarification you've still reported the bug... so want to be 100% sure here that it was taken on-board and that what you see as erroneous behaviour isn't just the game doing what it's meant to be doing.

Didn't know that, thanks.

But the main issue is with "non-real", just thought I add real systems as a potential data point.
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Research not showing up in Race Information
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2020, 03:49:05 AM »
Hello am getting this slight visual bug, am on a fresh game with only a few changes I have SMed in, I have insta researched a bunch of stuff and it is not showing up in race information, this is a TN start, using real stars, my decimal separator is not a comma (am from the Uk), the visual display bug seems easy to replicate, I have gone forward time to make sure its not just some kind of refresh issue but still it shows nothing, attached below is the image of it as well as the DB.

Edit: Appears that after relaunching the game I then had 0 techs, and my instant points back,  i def did save though because my system theme stayed etc, so I am guessing theres some kind of bug that resets your research or invalidates it and relaunching resets it back to its original state
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 04:05:32 AM by SpaceMarine »

Offline DoctorDanny

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2020, 05:31:13 AM »
1.9.0 correct decimal separator

I've recovered alien technology that I'd like to use in my designs.
Components have been moved to earth.

Ship design window doesn't show the alien components.
The checkbox to use alien tech in the MISC tab has been checked.

Components don't show up in the class design.

Pictures included.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 05:39:41 AM by DoctorDanny »

Offline Eretzu

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • E
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2020, 06:03:14 AM »
A minor bug that, the windows will no come to front.

If keep tactical in background is enabled and you have 2 windows open, one will always be over the other.

Reproduction:
1. Enable tactical windows
2. Open economy screen
3. Open commanders screen

Now if I press economy, I would expect that to be top most window, but instead commander window will always be over the economy one.

Offline Shuul

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2020, 06:35:51 AM »
CIWS still requires active sensor present in 1.9
All my fleet relies on CIWS, so its an arrow to the knee for me.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2020, 07:01:38 AM »
I spotted a data entry error in DIM_Medalcondition
Row 8 -  Destroy 10 hostile Missiles - amountrequired = 1

This has been around for since the start, I'd guess.

Fixed for next DB release.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2020, 07:12:07 AM »
I saw it reported on the 1. 8 thread and just confirmed it is still happening, the research wealth cost is tied to it's speed so if you play with something like 20% research speed wealth becomes trivial to manage and you can add as many research facilities as you want without it having any economic impact, my guess this is not working as intended

Tested in both the default game and a new game

Fixed. The research cost is now equal to the base research rate (without commander bonus) * (100 / Research Speed)

The following users thanked this post: Wieseltrupp, Argoniur, Eretzu

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2020, 07:45:13 AM »
Fleets don't remember sub-fleet structure when joining other fleets.

Reproduce:
 - Have a fleet with at least two levels of sub-fleets. IE: "Armada" -> "Intel" -> "Scouts"
- Detach "Intel". You should now have a Fleet called "Intel" with a Sub-Fleet "Scouts". So far so good.
- Tell the fleet "Intel" to join fleet "Armada" as a sub-fleet.
- You now end up with all ships in "Intel" and "Scouts" in the same sub-fleet called "Intel" under "Armada".
- Expected result would be to end back at same fleet structure as we started with.

This makes it so you can't really organize your ships into fleet hierarchies, since as soon as you detach one of the parts to go do something, you lose the structure.

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: Resand

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2020, 07:55:37 AM »
JP don't really link back to known stars compared to VB 6

Reported in 1.8, tested now in 1.9

Link to the 1.8 post (I hope) http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10990.msg128854#msg128854

Did the same thing in 1.9. Got a few more loops this time around.  4 - 5, but doesn't seem correct still.
Count isn't exact as I've haven't bothered with lining the galaxy map up to count, since it seems like same situation as 1.8

Stopped at 100 systems with a lot of JP remaining and a 50 system limit.

Btw: are the system in the Galactic Map supposed to f... off to infinity if you don't manually organize them?
Might be something to do with SM'ing JP exploration, as the the map started of nice and grid like.

I also tried this with real stars in 1.8, didn't make the cut to post it. Same result as above. 4 - 5 loops. Manually stopped at 100 systems with a 50 system limit and plenty of JPs left.

You should have about 1 system in 15 connect to an existing system (same as VB6), except when there are less than 10 systems in the game, so with 100 systems you should have about 6 connections to existing systems, which it sounds like you have.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2020, 07:58:19 AM »
Orbital Mining Module still costs 60Dur + 60Cor.
I believe you mentioned your intent to change that to 120Cor.

It is changed in the db I sent out for v1.9.0. Are you using an earlier database?

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2020, 08:05:42 AM »
Orbital Mining Module still costs 60Dur + 60Cor.
I believe you mentioned your intent to change that to 120Cor.

It is changed in the db I sent out for v1.9.0. Are you using an earlier database?

can confirm that orbital mining modules now cost 120 Corrundium on 1.9

Offline DoctorDanny

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2020, 08:38:56 AM »
I have a tanker with -20% fuel.

I had a full fuel station at earth that I wanted to empty before towing it away.
Sent my tanker fleet to fuel from fleet and instantly transfer to colony.
Repeated order 8 times or so.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2020, 08:42:18 AM »
Originally seen in 1.4. Still locks the game.

Might just be "don't do that, stupid" thing, but this completely locks the game.

1. Created 2 Admin Command under a third one
2. Moved one of the new ones in under the other.
3. Realized you've arranged them in the wrong order, so move the upper one in under the lower one with drag and drop.
4. Profit

Fixed.

Offline Kelewan

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2020, 08:48:06 AM »
I have a tanker with -20% fuel.

I had a full fuel station at earth that I wanted to empty before towing it away.
Sent my tanker fleet to fuel from fleet and instantly transfer to colony.
Repeated order 8 times or so.

If you flag a class as Tanker 10% of its fuel capacity is used as value for minimal fuel.
I tanker will only fule above that minimum for drop and fuel fleet orders.
You can change the value in the class design in the miscellaneous tab