Author Topic: Carrier Operations Tutorial  (Read 27821 times)

Offline Vandermeer (OP)

• Rear Admiral
Carrier Operations Tutorial
« on: June 02, 2015, 02:03:55 PM »
This is a tutorial about how to effectively use carriers and most prominently, survey carriers. Organizing many parasite craft, or maybe even many different carriers can be a very tedious process on first sight, which might make many shy away from using them in contrast to easy fleets. I too resigned from using them for a while after I experienced serious problem back in my second Aurora game only, where the coordination of survey shuttles was very click intensive, having to essentially detach every single one by hand in every new system and order them around for 8 shuttles and such.
However, I was wrong and after being through multiple approaches later on, I eventually found some neat tricks that make operating carriers a breeze, up to turning for example survey carriers into extremely efficient one-click auto system survey devices.(...well, some more clicks of course, but nearly) I wanted to do this for long, but the game where I wanted to show it got caught up in a lengthy NPR war that lasted longer than the whole game up to this point.

o Using Naval Organization in place of the Fighter Window
Anyway, so as a big introductory "rule to success" in the beginning: Forget about the fighter organization window. Use the Naval Organization tab in the task force window instead.
I started of by organizing not only fighter groups, but even singular shuttles in the separate window that Aurora offers for this purpose specifically. You can form squadrons and assign them to motherships easily, as well as start and land them from there. However, all these functions are done by the task force window as well if you know how, plus, you get to issue move orders with started squadrons or motherships directly after shuffling parasites one or the other way. Not only that, but the Naval Organization tab actually links relations between mothership and squadrons in an easy tree diagram list, while any operation as assign/land/start in the fighter window requires you to manually browse through all the possible motherships in your empire, and select the right one in order to achieve what you wanted. Though of no problem with only up  to maybe 8 carriers around, this can get convoluted really fast, especially if you play the cruiser type way where basically every ship hosts space for 1-4 fighters.
If you mastered all the buttons in the Naval organization chart however, no fragmentation of carriers and motherships will ever get in your way, and you have move, and all the assign, start and land orders all in one place "to go".

o Casual Fighter Operation and Carrier Set-Up
So before starting I must assume that the knowledge on how to build such a tree is mostly already given (that is how to add a branch, and add a branch under a branch, and assign ships to branches), so that it essentially looks like this:
Off-Topic: show

----------

It is very important to be able to place such groups under each other in this relation, as it will enable you to re-establish the mothership to parasite relation whenever it gets broken and group the two sides together even out of the greatest mismanagement chaos with the click of a button. It will also make it possible to instantly separate all those parasite groups you specified from the current task force instantly by just clicking on the squadron(/branch) name and then the "Branch only" button on the right. Magic! - You instantly have those fighters launched, separated and their new task group already selected and awaiting further orders.
..But let's explain the organization structure above first, as it is something that must be figured out trial and error ways otherwise.
- The overlaying branch over the whole carrier+parasite compound is of course (1), which will be the task force's name if the carrier itself decides to detach from a bigger fleet or out of docks and similars.
- Every independent actor of such a task group (meaning it has no assigned mothership therein) now needs to be grouped directly under it.(2) In the case of the example, there is only one carrier mothership, and though I would recommend to leave it like that to improve oversight of exact relations, there is technically nothing wrong with having multiple motherships together if you really plan to always send them together anyway (like cruiser fleets with fighters maybe). If not however, don't group them like  this and make an entry for every carrier individually, and you can still mass launch them into one task group by having a bigger branch around all those under which they get grouped. (example the "alpha centauri monitor fleet" could hold 6 entries of other brances, "monitor 1-6", under which each one has the corresponding monitor ship 1-6, and then more branches for the fighter crafts. Singular monitors{and their parasites}then launched by clicking on one of the "monitor 1-6"s, and the whole formation can be launched together by clicking "alpha centauri monitor fleet" instead.)
- (3) then of course consists all the 'potential separate' task forces of parasites that are assigned to a mothership in the original carrier task force. They are essentially what you would have done while organizing squadrons in the obsolete fighter window, but with the added advantage that whenever you feel like shuffling the usual fighter groups around, you can also do that on the fly by just heading over to the special orders tab and move the parasites around.

---------

To complete this structure and make the mothership-parasite relation functioning though, you will have to have all the parasites together at one point (likely shortly after building the new ship), and then order a land+assign command:

---------

..It is possible to do this out of the organization chart, but it always requires more clicks, so I found it easier to just start all the ships at once and land them with assign. If you have to refill loses, it is of course enough to just land+assign only those new parasites, but you have to do it for everyone once, or nothing will work.

Once you have this structure set up though, you are free to launch and land branches/squadrons as you please from optimal oversight.

o Survey Carriers
Survey Carriers require some special trickery in order to work effectively. Of course, survey is only effective if you have many independent operating ships, so a bulk squadron start isn't really the first  tool that comes to mind.
..Yet that is exactly what must be done, so first, start them usual 'fighter type' way:

---------

Now to get that essential separation scattering job done, head over to the "Special Orders/ Organization" tab, click on the first ship and click the "Divide TG" button:

---------

What happens is of course that everyone else gets spread into their own personal task group, carrying the ship's name, while your selected first ship remains. This is why I found it wise to name the branch of survey crafts after this first ship btw., so it stays in line with automated naming.

What is even more important about the last step though is that every split of single ship task group becomes a subordinate formation towards the first one. This allows us to copy over every order we give it, including default ones, so you essentially can send of any number of survey drones with just one stroke instead of configuring each one individually.
This is how it's done (nearly):

--------

Better use "survey nearest 5 bodies" btw., but no matter for now. However, doing only that will yield you following error window:

--------

...Which is because default orders alone don't qualify as orders to be copied (a program weakness), so you have to give some neutral order too. If you just entered a system, you can for example order the nr.1 to fly towards the jump point they are already on, or just move to mother ship which from which they just detached. ...It is just a filler order with no meaning and normally no time loss, though technically you could also use this to define a spreading point (maybe let all geo-survey drones fly towards the middle of the system before starting to scatter everywhere)

--------

Now watch the beauty of complete automation, as your steve minions gather all the information for you. :)

--------

///Edit 5.11.15/
As noted by "Nice Save" below, the whole procedure of giving neutral orders to copy the default ones can be avoided by simply setting the default orders before hitting the Divide button. It is better to do that, but I thought I'd leave this documented, so to inform about a likely error window(and how to avoid it) that you will get while using survey carriers at some time anyway, and also since the section simultaneously explains how to issue orders to all crafts in general after division.(needed at least for later docking)
/Edit///

Of course, once they start finishing their jobs you will get these spam massages in the log that require you start configuring every one individually again, right? No, you can also use that copy command function to make a unison docking call to all the drones at once. Often enough though there will be some that still have to do some work, but since these are usually just a couple commands, it is usually preferable to make the full back command call, and then go to one or two individual drones to revoke that and let them do the rest (whether manually or allowing still active default orders to chose freely{/and with better optimzed distances} anew).

...And that is all you need to know about having super efficient and mouse friendly survey carriers. It is obvious what that divide command, and the special orders window in general is capable to do even outside of this specific point. Very practical for many things.

o Planetary Hangars
Another use of carriers I wanted to talk about are of course the planetary hangars, meaning the ones that can even house the capital ships which house numerous support craft themselves already. I notice not many play with such hangars, but I know Rich.h and probably 83athom do, and who knows who tried at least, so here are the actually pretty simple button commands I use that make carriers work perfectly with those.

So assuming you have a carrier filled with docked parasites, and a planetary hangar somewhere where you would want to land on. The thing you can't do, which is immediately clear, is just do a "land" command (no matter if +assign or not). Hangars in hangars is not possible, and Aurora does not automatically start docked craft of ships that are about to dock somewhere themselves, so what happens is that those parasites get lost in oblivion, with which I mean: deleted! Not sure what happens to the officers, but the fighters and such, all gone without a trace. ...So never forget to click the "launch parasites" button in the task force window before doing the docking, so all the parasites will be individual ships who obey all the orders themselves.

---------

Then land them with  the "(no assign)" option, as you'd want to maintain your mothership and parasite relation over the holidays, and voila, they all dock and will function just as usual after.

---------

If the last step was done right, you can now, just as with a detachment from a fleet, start the whole carrier with its parasites by clicking on the pdc-hangar containing TG, then the branch/TF on the naval organization tab, and finally Branch+sub  for a complete launch of all associated ships and crafts.

---------

You should now have selected the freshly detached complete carrier task force ready for action already, except that none of the parasites are docked. To do that, just use the reverse of the docking procedure of course, and click "Recover Parasites".

---------

That would be it, but if for some reason at some point you have reseted or messed up that mothership to parasite relation, it is often no problem too. Just click on the main mothership carrier and click "detach" to get him and all his parasites into separate task groups, so the assign command can be carried out again.
This is of course not as easy with many carrier type ships at once, so I recommend not messing that connection up. :P
I mainly mentioned that point, because the procedure is helpful in many different situations which you will see when playing this way quickly, but are too numerous and divergent to name here.

---
So, that would be it. I feel like it wasn't organized enough, especially the beginning, which might be hard to understand if you are completely new to the naval organization tab. I needed multiple games behind me to even bother looking into it aside from RP type naming fun, but it was absolutely worth the learning. Nearly every military ship of mine is a carrier on the side now, even the small ones, because handling them got so easy and intuitive. Only speech command is easier.
So if someone wants me to expand that short section, I can do that, or just answer some questions.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 12:27:34 AM by Vandermeer »
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

The following users thanked this post: Tor Cha, Lordubik, rorror, L0ckAndL0ad

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
Re: Carrier Operations Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 03:01:51 PM »
This is really useful. I've always stayed away from carriers because of the apparent complexity involved, but I guess now I have no excuse. Thanks for the tutorial!

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 04:52:49 AM »
So astoundingly useful I shall commission a new medal to be named after that man. I have never played with the copy to sub fleets etc before due to not knowing how it works. But this could be a stupidly powerful tool when used properly. One Thing I was not aware of though is the whole hanger in hanger issue. I have always just docked my carriers of any kind to a planet side dock with all craft still docked, so far I have never had any problems. Is this an old issue (using 6.42) or does it sometimes happen and sometimes not?

One quick thought I had when reading the survey part will need testing and could be perhaps an exploit. If you were to make a 20 ship strong fighter wing up, fly the wing at a target to attack and then divide the TG when they arrive on target. Using the copy orders you would essentially have 20 TG's attacking like a big swarm. Now obviously if this were say a large beam ship it will happily cut down fighters quickly with single shots. But having now 20 separate targets would mean that the tracking systems would not be able to keep up, you would in essence have created a copy of large salvo AMM but using fighters who could keep on firing all day long instead of being a one shot wonder. Hell do the same thing but with a bomber wing and you could create instant one click 20 salvo volleys to really make someones day go bad fast. Or how about meson fighters the same way and watch as even the largest ships in the universe crumble under a loss of 10+ components every firing cycle.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 06:43:47 AM »
I have used this method of managing my carriers and more importantly scout and recon crafts on ships for a long time as well. This is the only way I can really manage my ships in a sane way and the organizational hierarchy makes it quite easy to control all your ships. This is certainly a good guide and something I really think many people have not explored enough in their game because that tab is a bit complex before you get how it works.

One quick thought I had when reading the survey part will need testing and could be perhaps an exploit. If you were to make a 20 ship strong fighter wing up, fly the wing at a target to attack and then divide the TG when they arrive on target. Using the copy orders you would essentially have 20 TG's attacking like a big swarm. Now obviously if this were say a large beam ship it will happily cut down fighters quickly with single shots. But having now 20 separate targets would mean that the tracking systems would not be able to keep up, you would in essence have created a copy of large salvo AMM but using fighters who could keep on firing all day long instead of being a one shot wonder. Hell do the same thing but with a bomber wing and you could create instant one click 20 salvo volleys to really make someones day go bad fast. Or how about meson fighters the same way and watch as even the largest ships in the universe crumble under a loss of 10+ components every firing cycle.

This will not actually work as I suspect you think it does. A beam ship will be able to target one salvo or ship for each fire-control that it has, the number of TG have no impact on this what so ever. Likewise will 20 fighters in one TG or one fighter in 20 TG produce the same number of salvos when they fire missiles.

So... if all your beam ships only have one fire-control it will only be able to kill one fighter per firing cycle no matter what, if it has two fire-controls it can target two separate fighters from the same or different TG, the combat interface don't even register TG as far as I know, just targets.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 06:51:22 AM by Jorgen_CAB »

Offline Vandermeer (OP)

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 07:43:28 AM »
So astoundingly useful I shall commission a new medal to be named after that man.
Oohh, that is the highest Aurora honors I believe.

One Thing I was not aware of though is the whole hanger in hanger issue. I have always just docked my carriers of any kind to a planet side dock with all craft still docked, so far I have never had any problems. Is this an old issue (using 6.42) or does it sometimes happen and sometimes not?
I also play on the newest version, but the last time I encountered the problem was admittedly in 6.3. Even there I only witnessed it two times before learning the lesson and keeping extra attention to avoid boxes in boxes.
...But I just tried it again in the current game, and nope, it is still there. Down below a picture from the ship window, where it documents how all the survey drones (amongst others) on the "Atlanta" cruiser got lost after I let it dock to planetary hangar with all the parasites landed.

All the enemies attack this way anyway (one ship per TG), so I wouldn't consider it an exploit even if it came with serious advantages. There is some charm to having all fighters attack individually in some sort of swarm mode, but I personally don't do any divide orders for attacks, because fighting takes place outside of the task force window, and from there you cannot easily copy orders over anymore when they are not part of the same task group.(unless you use "class in system" copy mode, but that obviously is impossible if your attackers don't make up for literally all the ships of the class in the system) ..So this would result in much micromanagement, which I try to avoid at any costs everywhere.
Other than that, -though there is an exploit in another section-, attack strength wise, having them separated doesn't make much difference. Beam strength is just the same of course, divided or not, but the missiles of individual fighters never group up anyway, even in the same TG, and always produce that 20 salvo volley which you describe.(which is admittedly awesome for its defense overloading capacity, and the main reason why I build bombers - where the wiki only sees "extended missile deployment", "overloading PD" is the real seller :) - ...and that you can get them close enough in order to use more efficient warheads...)
The defensive advantage is also relatively meager normally, because AI targets ships anyway, so it doesn't matter whether they share the same TG or fly divided, but still in the same spot. It can be kind of relevant in missile diversion (there is even a secret exploit which I don't want to explain, as nobody should use it), but again, I don't use it because of the targeting difficulties that you get yourself into.

Dividing is a tool that is mostly useful whenever you need multi-tasking and a fleet to actually split up, not just do the same but separated. Great for automated orders, and great for organization. Now, if we could get an automatic "follow nearest enemy signal" default order, then combining that with auto-target could become automated civilian culling or 'white blood cell' type harassment reaction here, so splitting squadrons for multi-task attacking would make sense, which I would much appreciate. We're not there yet sadly.

I have used this method of managing my carriers and more importantly scout and recon crafts on ships for a long time as well. This is the only way I can really manage my ships in a sane way and the organizational hierarchy makes it quite easy to control all your ships. This is certainly a good guide and something I really think many people have not explored enough in their game because that tab is a bit complex before you get how it works.
There are so many arcane buttons in the game that you just ignore for long, because things already 'kind of work', so why do the extra learning? The only reason I forced myself to go further at a point is because I made the same experience in other programs, like Photoshop, Vegas and Maya(oh god, convoluted Maya..), where breaking out of your normal cycle of doing things really teaches you how fruitful it can be to take time and explore all the menus.
Still find new buttons though. Didn't know that I could invent custom ranks for the naval officers until the game before the current for example.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 08:09:10 AM »
I've stickied the thread...

John

Nice Save

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 06:15:47 PM »
I'm liking the guide, although I may have to come back whan I've slept and my brain works again.

One thing that might be worth updating in the survey section is the Divide TG part - the sub-fleets that are created will automatically have the same default and conditional orders as the original one, so it's better to set the orders before you divide.  This gets around the issue with needing a regular order when copying to subfleets.

I also feel that the copy orders function might be replaced by the Follow Higher Fleet in System default order as a secondary, or potentially by the Incorporate Sub-Fleets regular order.  I've not had a chance to try either of those though, so it could need testing to make sure it works as smoothly as all that.

Offline Vandermeer (OP)

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 12:09:51 AM »
One thing that might be worth updating in the survey section is the Divide TG part - the sub-fleets that are created will automatically have the same default and conditional orders as the original one, so it's better to set the orders before you divide.  This gets around the issue with needing a regular order when copying to subfleets.
You are right - I will add a note for this. However, I will not completely change it since the part also explains what to do to dock or order them around later, so I don't need a separate section for this.

I also feel that the copy orders function might be replaced by the Follow Higher Fleet in System default order as a secondary, or potentially by the Incorporate Sub-Fleets regular order.  I've not had a chance to try either of those though, so it could need testing to make sure it works as smoothly as all that.
Curious what you want to say here. You mean that the join parent fleet conditional command would work when they are out of survey locations? That would get rid of the late-survey log spam, but my understanding so far was that the divide method makes all the craft children to only the leader survey ship, so that would be unwanted.
I guess it could work though if you have a survey carrier that really has nothing else in his task group, so he could just do the divide itself and stay parent.
..But maybe you saw another way of making join parent work?

Nice Save

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 08:05:11 AM »
Quote from: Vandermeer link=topic=7826. msg82442#msg82442 date=1446703791
Curious what you want to say here.  You mean that the join parent fleet conditional command would work when they are out of survey locations? That would get rid of the late-survey log spam, but my understanding so far was that the divide method makes all the craft children to only the leader survey ship, so that would be unwanted.

Yeah, I'm getting into murky waters there since I've not tried any of this out.  The conditional command is to follow the parent fleet though, not join it, so I believe that would work.  As each ship runs out of objects to survey, it will move towards and start trailing along behind the ship you kept in the fleet when you divided it.  Once the lead ship finishes, you'd get the whole lot moving towards the carrier, assuming it's marked as the superior formation for the lead ship.  Then once all the fleets are following along (whether the lead ship has reached the carrier or not), you could use the Incorporate Sub-fleets order on the lead ship to consolidate them all. 

It wouldn't be perfect - I believe you'll still get message spam about the primary orders not being doable even when there are secondary orders there.  It might also be a bit unwieldy if the lead ship is the first to finish, or is the last to finish while it surveys a comet on the far side of the system.

I guess it could work though if you have a survey carrier that really has nothing else in his task group, so he could just do the divide itself and stay parent.

The divide option only works on unselected ships in the list, so this wouldn't necessarily be a problem - if you only want to divide 6 of the 10 ships in the fleet, you can just use CTRL and shift to select the other 4 in the list before you hit the divide button, and those 4 will be kept in the fleet.  In fact, that might be a better way of doing things if you're using the method above, since it would bypass the trouble with the lead ship.  You would need to add the default orders to the carrier group then remove them after the divide of course.

Offline Vandermeer (OP)

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 10:58:59 AM »
..But maybe you saw another way of making join parent work?
The divide option only works on unselected ships in the list, so this wouldn't necessarily be a problem - if you only want to divide 6 of the 10 ships in the fleet, you can just use CTRL and shift to select the other 4 in the list before you hit the divide button, and those 4 will be kept in the fleet.  In fact, that might be a better way of doing things if you're using the method above, since it would bypass the trouble with the lead ship.  You would need to add the default orders to the carrier group then remove them after the divide of course.
That is what I meant, amazing. Well, it still all depends on whether the join parent thing works at all (there is such an order btw., not just the follow one), but if it does -and I am going to test it this week-, then I will completely rewrite the survey carrier section, because that garbage would be obsolete. :) Only speech command would be easier. Hopefully it does also take care of the log spam, but I will see.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 11:16:25 AM »
You could add this to the KB :D

Offline Vandermeer (OP)

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 01:48:20 PM »
Had to think for a bit before recognizing KB is the Knowledge Base I only recently read about. :) Everyone can just post in there? Well, I will see to copy it in after potential update.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 01:51:06 PM »
Had to think for a bit before recognizing KB is the Knowledge Base I only recently read about. :) Everyone can just post in there? Well, I will see to copy it in after potential update.

Anyone that is past their 10 day newbie period. Articles are set to auto approve also. (I should change that)

Offline Vandermeer (OP)

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 01:54:16 PM »
Yeah, without some review at least, it could get diluted should things really start out at some point.

Offline Vandermeer (OP)

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 03:02:25 PM »
Ok, so here some bad news and good news on the issue.

o Nr.1 bad news is that Join Parent conditional order is broken in current Aurora, and doesn't work as hoped anyway.
I tried the following setup:

-----

...but that is impossible for two reasons. One, the conditional order is of higher hierarchy in Aurora, so the docking would come before the survey, making it useless for this purpose. But secondly also, because the Join Parent does work with an error only. You will get a couple of error windows equal to the number of ships that were ordered, and then this happens:

-----

Though it appears right in the log, the join-command in the TF window has no target. I experimented a bit to see if it was maybe because of the special signs, or I needed distance, or if it simply wouldn't work when default and conditionals were given together... . Yet, no matter what, it simply is dysfunctional, so that is no option as of now.

o Nr.2 bad news is that not even the "follow parent" alternative would work. I can set up a secondary default order of 'follow higher fleet in system', which is nice, because it of course works so that it comes after a completed survey. However, even so that part is working out, you would want those crafts to join into your carrier group automatically once they are there, or else it will be micromayhem once again. ..So what you'd have to do to the carrier tg is this:

-----

...and it doesn't work. Through testing I have determined that the bottleneck here is the trigger, and Aurora cannot recognize for some reason if there really is a sub-fleet present at the same spot. I had them all stacked up, with follow order, without, with better naming etc., but it doesn't do it.
The incorporation itself works fine though, as I could test with the usual method from the tutorial above, where the first survey drone is actually the higher fleet, not the carrier. With that I could set the condition to "Fuel tanks full", and it would neatly absorb every other drone in place back into the tg.
..You can't do that with the carrier of course who will likely never be at 100%, and the only other cheat trigger condition in the list that could've probably been used is "current speed not equal to max" if you artificially decrease it. Yet that trigger is also dysfunctional, and does nothing as of now.
So it can't be done.

o Nr.3 bad news is there are no good news.(yet) Though you could technically do the divide command very neatly and quick from the carrier, having the carrier then as superior formation does rob you of the option to make the unison docking call, thus having all ships called back without micromanagement. Since both methods from above that could have automated the procedure don't work, and the carrier tg cannot target itself to 'dock on itself' and copy those orders down, you would end up having to do a docking or merging command for every single drone you sent, which would be unnerving with already these 18 drones from above. Real automation should not care whether you send 4 or 400 individual drones, as it is the same amount of clicks to order them, so it is better to stick to the 'lead survey' ship method for now.

Bridging the neutral orders thing is however a real improvement, and I am looking forward to seeing the incorporate sub fleet work in the future, which would make all the magic suddenly work out and even spare you the docking call, and, -most importantly-, the log spam of those ships who finished survey.
It would also be nice to have a "no orders" or so condition, so that "join parent" could be used for those idle survey ships without overtaking the order hierarchy.(would become the superior method of those two possible options, since there is no delay here in waiting for the carrier to absorb, and it doesn't take away a conditional order slot on it then too ofc.
//Edit/...hmm, on the other hand the "follow" method also gets rid of the problem with the moving carrier not being able to land any craft, and thus causing orders to get interrupted. Normally he doesn't need to move, but it would be nice if he could)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:11:14 PM by Vandermeer »