Author Topic: Ground Units replacement mechanics  (Read 557 times)

Offline Uran (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • U
Ground Units replacement mechanics
« on: November 30, 2023, 01:58:18 PM »
How the ground unit replacement should work? Should it fill the damaged formation up to formation template capacities or it moves all units from the replacement formation to the damaged one?

For example:

I have damaged formation consist of 0/22 Geosurvey units and 1/1 HQ units.  This formation has the replacement template which is the same as formation template.

I have trained new formation of 22/22 Geoservey units and 1/1 HQ units.  I marked it as replacement formation.

Unexpectedly for me, the damaged formation received not only 22 Geoservey units from the replacement formation but the HQ unit too.

So my previously damaged formation now has 22/22 Geosurvey units and 2/1 HQ units.
I do not like this, because the actual formation is larger then I designed originally.  It may not feet well into my troop transport ships.

Does the replacement work as intended? Or it may be bug?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Ground Units replacement mechanics
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 02:14:27 PM »
What you describe is not the intended behavior, but I cannot reproduce this phenomenon in a test game.

Can you give more information? How are your unit series configured? The most likely culprit seems to be having the unit series configured incorrectly.

The following users thanked this post: Uran

Offline Uran (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • U
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 02:30:05 PM »
What you describe is not the intended behavior, but I cannot reproduce this phenomenon in a test game.

Can you give more information? How are your unit series configured? The most likely culprit seems to be having the unit series configured incorrectly.

In fact, I don't really understand how the series works. So it is highly likely that they are misconfigured.
Here is what I have https://imgur.com/a/9tCjQ6y

The following users thanked this post: SentientMeatbag

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2023, 02:42:01 PM »
In fact, I don't really understand how the series works. So it is highly likely that they are misconfigured.
Here is what I have https://imgur.com/a/9tCjQ6y

This looks alright to me so I don't know what would cause this...

Offline Uran (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • U
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2023, 03:01:41 PM »
I have done my own tests and I cannot reproduce the issue also.
I must have overlooked something.  :-[

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2023, 03:23:34 PM »
Are the grav survey units and HQ units the same unit, or just units from the same series? I have seen in previous versions where when I designed a new formation (Say 2025 Armored Battalion vs 2040 Armored Battalion), and changed a 2025 Armored Battalion to use a 2040 Armored Battalion replacement template, it would pull in everything it thought was missing from a 2040 template *in addition* to any existing older units still in the 2025 formation. For example if the 2025 formation template had 10 - 2025 Heavy Tanks, but only 5 remaining in the formation, and the 2040 template had 10 - 2040 Heavy Tanks and 10 in the Replacement formation, the 2025 formation using a 2040 replacement template would end up with a total of 15 Heavy Tanks (5 -2025, 10 - 2040). This caused the actual formation to become larger than the actual design of either the 2025 or 2040 formation.

In your example it said the replacement template is the same as the formation template, so I assume you never changed the replacement template at all? May be something different then.