Author Topic: Retrieving a survey team from a civilian ship  (Read 1428 times)

Offline happy2pester (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • h
Retrieving a survey team from a civilian ship
« on: February 06, 2014, 07:26:06 PM »
Hello, I am brand new to this game, having discovered it yesterday.  Today, I have been following and attempting to expand upon the basic walkthrough tutorial in this section.

What I have done, is I have assigned my Xenologist team to a survey team.  The intention was to foister them off on a commercial shipping line to get them to mars, but now I can't get them off the civilian ship, which is currently in orbit over earth.  Can anyone offer any advice?

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
Re: Retrieving a survey team from a civilian ship
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 01:57:13 AM »
Option 1: use a tractor beam to grab the ship with the team onboard.  After that you can move the ship to mars and unload the team with the drop off team command.
Option 2: transfer the team members to a job on earth (your task force HQ works best here).  Then recreate the team and load them on a ship you control to move them to mars.

• Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 04:19:29 PM »
Part of the issue, is that now they are on a civilian frieghter, I can't locate the team at all in any of the menus - I can look up the individual officers in the officer page, and see their assignment to the team/where they are, but I can't find any interface to transfer them off the civilian ship

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 06:13:44 AM »
Try the "unassign type" button on the leaders page, you may need to turn on spacemaster, then once they're unassigned you should be able to relocate them using the location change thing on the same page.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

• Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 03:01:38 PM »
That seemed to work, thanks!