Author Topic: Battlefleet Gothic Armada & Kirov Series  (Read 2702 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Battlefleet Gothic Armada & Kirov Series
« on: December 30, 2016, 12:27:56 PM »
I've been ill over Xmas, which means I haven't been up to working on C# Aurora. However, to pass the time I have been playing Battlefleet Gothic Armada, which has proven to be a lot of fun.

I have only been playing the campaign game so far as the Terran Imperium. The campaign is relatively simple and really just an excuse for the battles, but it does have some interesting elements. The combat is 2D with a variety of different weapons and uses firing arcs, some area weapons and relatively slow-moving ballistic 'torpedoes' with powerful warheads.Damage includes critical hits and the loss of individual weapon systems. Ships and commanders gain experience during the campaign, allowing you to customise the ships with a variety of add-ons. I recommend trying it, especially if you like the Warhammer 40k background.

Also been reading the Kirov series of kindle books (up to book 11 at the moment). Despite some occasional typos and one or two inconsistencies, the series is very entertaining. A combination of time travel and detailed naval combat. I suggest trying book 1 (about £3) and see if you can resist buying the rest :)