Author Topic: Quasar4x - An early look at an Aurora4x clone in the works  (Read 6213 times)

Offline MasonMac

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
Re: Quasar4x - An early look at an Aurora4x clone in the works
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2019, 06:33:34 PM »
I hope you haven't stopped working on the project

Offline Kyle

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2019, 09:02:12 AM »
I'm back, after a much-needed "vacation" from hobby coding!  My pace won't be as fast as when I started out, but I can tell you that the itch to work on this has firmly resettled itself!

And I have a progress update (2019-02-19) from the past week or so!  Shipyard Tasks tab and Manage Shipyards tab are done for this phase.

Specifically, in the Shipyard Tasks tab: Show annual ship building rate per slipway, show available slipways, display all shipyard tasks, delete task, pause/unpause task, raise/lower priority, rename ship, select name of ship from themes, show ship delivery schedule for all shipyards.  In the Manage Shipyards tab: Display Total naval and commercial shipyard capacity, display chart of shipyards and their type, slipways, assigned class, current activity, progress%, completion date, and Mod rate.  Set shipyard complex activity, show build cost, completion date. Display list of eligible ship classes to retool, delete activity, pause/unpause activity, rename shipyard, auto-rename shipyard. All task types (Extra slipway, capacity expansion options, and retool) update DB identically to A4X and display correctly.  Create task Construction, Repair, Refit, and Scrap all update DB correctly.  List eligible classes to construct, repair, scrap, or refit from.  Pick eligible ships in orbit, set ship name, show build cost, create build names checkbox, show completion date (sometimes inaccurate for refits currently), select fleet, set default fleet.  Show required minerals for activities and tasks, pick new name from theme, show refit details.

I don't currently have my itch.io build push environment set up on this computer, so no new build this time around. I don't think that'll be much of an issue since by now you know that my progress updates are real and the current build has plenty of material to see how the final product will look and feel on your computer.

Next up is the research tab.

The following users thanked this post: JakeLoustone, ExChairman, JacenHan, El Pip, bro918, Graham, procdrone, Myvar

Offline Kyle

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2019, 02:32:42 PM »
Progress update 2019-03-04:

Actually finished these things last week and had planned to do more before my next update, but I'm currently hooked on a binge of Civ 5, so I figure'd I'd get this out there along with a warning that there will be another delay while I get Civ 5 out of my system :)

Research tab and Mining tab of the F2 screen are done.  Specifically, on the research tab: Display total research facilities & RP per Facility, Display chart of current research projects, Cancel project, pause/unpause, Add/Remove research labs, chart of researchable projects, dropdown to change chart RP type, Create project, delete project, show available, all, completed, or completed excluding start in chart, display technology description, show chart of eligible scientists for project, show matching scientists only checkbox, pick allocated labs, show available labs, use max labs checkbox, research queue, queue project, queue top, remove from queue, reorder queue.  Mining tab: show/pick mass driver dest, display ground-based mines + annual production, mouseover annual production details, finished the remaining few columns in the mining, set/display reserve level.

Up next (when I get back to the project) will be Industry tab and Summary tab then the F2 window will finally be done for this pass!

The following users thanked this post: JakeLoustone, El Pip, JustAnotherDude, Myvar

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54