Author Topic: v1.00 Bugs Thread  (Read 40407 times)

Offline SerBeardian

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: v1.00 Bugs Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2020, 08:18:07 AM »
Compressed Fuel Storage Small is available with base TN Tech.

The following users thanked this post: thashepherd, lordcirth

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2020, 08:20:06 AM »
Compressed Fuel Storage Small is available with base TN Tech.

Fixed for next DB release.

Offline roug

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2020, 08:22:59 AM »
Not sure if its a bug, but conventional start gives me 2 shipyards even tough i type 0.
Sorry for bad english, not sure if every word is spelled right.

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2020, 08:26:16 AM »
Design Tech and View Tech buttons in Class Design seem to have no functionality attached to them.

Also I appear to be getting what I can only assume are civilian/AI sourced component designs populating my list of components as I've only designed 1 single Nuclear Pulse Engine. Progressed time a year and checked the class design window again and now I have a additional 5 Nuclear Pulse Engine components listed for use in designs alongside Mesons, Missile Fire controls, Thermal sensors, Particle beams and so forth.

May be connected to trying the design/view tech buttons?

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 08:29:48 AM by Tikigod »
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Offline 01010100

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2020, 08:29:08 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10636. msg120858#msg120858 date=1586694180
Quote from: Wieseltrupp link=topic=10636. msg120850#msg120850 date=1586693936
The game uses the System Language to show Completion Dates in Research, Industry and probably other fields where a date is seen, these dates get cut off when the string is to long

Looks like this is the first non-code issue.  In all my games, the day isn't seen, only the date, so there is enough room. 

Anyone know if that is a date setting in Windows?

This is because of using DateTime. ToString() which will use the windows setting for date displaying.  There are overloads of this function, for example if you use DateTime. ToString("yyyy-mm-dd") then it will output in that format.  Please see the DateTime. ToString() documentation here: https://docs. microsoft. com/en-us/dotnet/api/system. datetime. tostring?view=netframework-4. 8

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2020, 08:30:58 AM »
Design Tech and View Tech buttons in Class Design seem to have no functionality attached to them.

Also I appear to be getting what I can only assume are civilian/AI sourced component designs populating my list of components as I've only designed 1 single Nuclear Pulse Engine. Progressed time a year and checked the class design window again and now I have a additional 5 Nuclear Pulse Engine components listed for use in designs alongside Mesons, Missile Fire controls, Thermal sensors, Particle beams and so forth.

I had the same thing happen with "Design Philosophy", which gave me a whole bunch of random tech.

The following users thanked this post: Tunsku

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2020, 08:32:13 AM »
Not sure if its a bug, but conventional start gives me 2 shipyards even tough i type 0.
Sorry for bad english, not sure if every word is spelled right.

Two shipyards is default for Conventional. Ignores the setting is a bug. Fixed for next version.

Offline nebbish

• Leading Rate
  • n
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2020, 08:32:33 AM »
On the events tab the amount of messages to show keeps defaulting to 30 days.  When I move the simulation forward a 30 Day period of time I can not see the events that have passed without changing this default. 

I change the days on the events to 60 and this is fine.  But when I close the window it defaults back to 30 days again.  So this means if i ever want to see what events happen when I move forward the time by 30 days then I have to keep changing this number manually.  I presume this is not as intended.

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2020, 08:32:45 AM »

I had the same thing happen with "Design Philosophy", which gave me a whole bunch of random tech.

Ah, don't recall clicking that but it's possible I did by accident when trying design/view.
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2020, 08:33:30 AM »
New Game -- Game Information window

Setting a negative date for "Starting Year" (say, for example, because one is doing a conventional start and wishes the calendar to count up from the Stardate of First Contact) generates the error:

"Function #1690: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime."

- - - - -

(VB Aurora had no problem with this, and would happily count forwards from 01 January -22 or -15 or -99 or whatever.)

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2020, 08:34:08 AM »
On the events tab the amount of messages to show keeps defaulting to 30 days.  When I move the simulation forward a 30 Day period of time I can not see the events that have passed without changing this default. 

I change the days on the events to 60 and this is fine.  But when I close the window it defaults back to 30 days again.  So this means if i ever want to see what events happen when I move forward the time by 30 days then I have to keep changing this number manually.  I presume this is not as intended.

Use the 'Refresh' button, that way you can keep the event window open.

Offline Marslettuce

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2020, 08:34:56 AM »
Under display, ticking "Asteroid With Minerals Only" box leaves some asteroids showing on the system view, despite having no surveys completed.   I assume this is showing me all the asteroids that have minerals on them despite me not knowing that they have minerals on them.   "Asteroid With Colonies Only" hides these asteroids properly because there are no colonies on them. 

The following users thanked this post: Cobaia

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2020, 08:34:59 AM »

It isn't being saved. I have the window open all the time so it was never an issue. I'll add some code to retain it.

Offline 01010100

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2020, 08:35:55 AM »
Quote from: Father Tim link=topic=10636. msg120946#msg120946 date=1586698410
New Game -- Game Information window

Setting a negative date for "Starting Year" (say, for example, because one is doing a conventional start and wishes the calendar to count up from the Stardate of First Contact) generates the error:

"Function #1690: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime. "

- - - - -

(VB Aurora had no problem with this, and would happily count forwards from 01 January -22 or -15 or -99 or whatever. )

This is also because of the DateTime struct, it can only take years between 0 and 9999.

Offline nebbish

• Leading Rate
  • n
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2020, 08:38:19 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10636. msg120950#msg120950 date=1586698499
Quote from: nebbish link=topic=10636. msg120944#msg120944 date=1586698353
On the events tab the amount of messages to show keeps defaulting to 30 days.   When I move the simulation forward a 30 Day period of time I can not see the events that have passed without changing this default.   

I change the days on the events to 60 and this is fine.   But when I close the window it defaults back to 30 days again.   So this means if i ever want to see what events happen when I move forward the time by 30 days then I have to keep changing this number manually.   I presume this is not as intended.

It isn't being saved.  I have the window open all the time so it was never an issue.  I'll add some code to retain it.

Thanks it must just be my OCD play style that I feel like I have to close every window when I have finished using it for its particular purpose.