Author Topic: v1.00 Bugs Thread  (Read 40655 times)

Offline totos_totidis

• Chief Petty Officer
Re: v1.00 Bugs Thread
« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2020, 09:59:10 AM »
prototype engines do not show in class design.
Wrong i was stupid and did not click the prototype button. Silly me.. :P
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 10:03:27 AM by totos_totidis »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2020, 10:03:14 AM »
In the construction window, the dropdown for maintenance supplies does not work. When selecting maintenance supplies the list remains at whatever was previously chosen. Presumably maintenance supplies should be removed from that dropdown as you can start/stop maintenance supplies with a button at the bottom of the screen instead.

You can't build maint supplies with construction factories. I forgot to remove the option.

Offline Annuminas

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2020, 10:03:49 AM »
Hey Steve, congrats on getting this out.

This may or may not be an issue, might be user error. When I selected under Display to Show Events, I assume like in VB Aurora they would appear in the bottom of the screen as they happen, but so far nothing has appeared, and in the actual event screen I am not seeing finished research every time, and when I set the Days for the events greater than 30, it doesn't show anything. Perhaps I am using the Event screen wrong, but the bug is the events not showing up at the bottom of the screen when I selected for it to do so under Display.

Sorry if this has already been covered.

Thanks.

Events on main window isn't coded yet. For future bug reports, please check the Known issues post to avoid duplication. Thanks.

Ah, I see. Sorry Steve, I'm not a regular user, but I will do so in the future.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2020, 10:05:43 AM »
Not a bug so much as an oversight, but there's still a "teams" entry in the officer assignments dropdown, even though teams have been eliminated AFAIK.

Offline chippydip

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • c
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2020, 10:06:21 AM »
Thanks for releasing this! Just a couple of minor things I've noticed so far:

1) After resizing the tactical map click to center still centers on the old size.  In VB6 this was fixed by hitting the refresh button, but that doesn't seem to work in C#.

2) In lieu of #1 I remember reading about an option to keep other windows on top of the tactical map, but can't see to find a setting for this so far.

3) I don't see an option to apply default colors to the event log, is this NYI or am I missing something?

4) Scaling up the starting population doesn't scale up the minerals on Earth like it used to.  This may be intentional because of the separate new setting to scale resources, though?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2020, 10:08:04 AM »
New Game creation frequently throws errors and then hangs permanently, instead of starting the game.

It seems tied to NPR generation when Known Star Systems is unchecked. Selecting higher numbers of NPRs at game start seems to exacerbate this.

Highly reproducable by 1) unchecking "Known Star Systems", 2) setting number of NPRs to 5 or more, and 3) Clicking Create Game and Create Race. Then it throws errors and hangs.

Reproduced. Trying to pin it down.

The following users thanked this post: fflaguna

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2020, 10:11:35 AM »
A planet I made in sol stole the moons of planet X!

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2020, 10:13:03 AM »
When I lock a design I can't change the components, but it still allows me to change armour and deployment time. (This is a design with prototype components, if that matters)

Offline Marslettuce

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #143 on: April 12, 2020, 10:29:01 AM »
Ships don't display as being over 500 tons unless they are over 10.05 tons actual size. It can be 10.003 tons and the ship won't qualify as a fighter, but it will appear to be only 500 tons next to the name of the ship. Taking it to 10.06 tons switches the display over to 505 tons.

Offline JustAnotherDude

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2020, 10:36:02 AM »
My ground units are not being auto assigned commander but my ships are: is this intended behavior? I.E, is there no ground unit auto-assign right now?

They just assigned, don't mind me.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 10:45:22 AM by JustAnotherDude »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2020, 10:36:11 AM »
When I lock a design I can't change the components, but it still allows me to change armour and deployment time. (This is a design with prototype components, if that matters)

Fixed.

Offline Jovus

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2020, 10:37:16 AM »
Discovered a very minor bug while using Linux that other Linux users have also consistently reported.

When you try to change the race picture, ship, or flag, you get an error that reads: Function #1725: Value does not fall within the expected range. This is immediately followed by another that reads (for example, with flags): C:\Aurora\\Flags\error (where my Aurora directory is C:\Aurora)

For the other errors it shows the Races or Ships directory instead. But note the double backslash in the path (\\) between the install directory and the relative path.

This isn't a big issue, and I understand you probably have no desire to support Linux. I'm not asking for a fix. I wasn't going to report this at all, but someone wisely reminded me you were using this also as a learning project for C#.NET, so I thought bringing this up might be helpful to you.

Offline harpyeagle

• Leading Rate
  • h
« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2020, 10:39:52 AM »
I'm not sure if this is even a bug, but, it seems like something that should work and I don't see an Aurora C# help thread yet. . .

"a ship cannot be built if it contains alien components not available in the population stockpile"

I'm trying to build one of the starting auto-created geosurvey designs at a shipyard.  I have more than enough of the necessary minerals to build.

Offline lupin-de-mid

• Petty Officer
  • l
« Reply #148 on: April 12, 2020, 10:44:56 AM »
Not a game bug, but "installer"
Flags folder contains Flags.rar and Extra4Flags.zip
Races contains "UpdatedRaces.zip" and contains bmp of all races. (i convert all to jpg https://ny.demid.su/Racesjpeg.zip)
Maybe is possible to resize ships because ship025 is 4000x2000pixel. (I'm ready to resize all to any resolution if nesesary)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2020, 10:49:17 AM »
Not a game bug, but "installer"
Flags folder contains Flags.rar and Extra4Flags.zip
Races contains "UpdatedRaces.zip" and contains bmp of all races. (i convert all to jpg https://ny.demid.su/Racesjpeg.zip)
Maybe is possible to resize ships because ship025 is 4000x2000pixel. (I'm ready to resize all to any resolution if nesesary)

I should have removed from file - I will do for first patch.