Author Topic: v1.00 Bugs Thread  (Read 40738 times)

Offline Vivalas

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • V
Re: v1.00 Bugs Thread
« Reply #240 on: April 12, 2020, 01:41:42 PM »
It seems civilian shipping lines get auto-assigned officers to their ships. Is this supposed to happen?

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #241 on: April 12, 2020, 01:46:23 PM »
Thanks for the GREAT game! Some observations creating a custom scenario:

1.  If you change the SM-mode or autoturns on the tactical screen the change is not visible (but the mode is changing) in the galactic map window.  If you change them in the galactic map window the buttons do change in the tactical window. 

2.  Creating a new race the "Industrial Percantage"-modifier doesn´t change the number of installations (not visually in the new race window, not ingame).

3.  With "Auto Design Ground Forces" some of the HQ-settings seem to be off.  They are alright at brigade-level (HQ50 for size of 45-49, [brigade HQ + subordinate formations]) but off on some of the regiments (HQ7-9 for size 12-16, especially infantry and construction).

4.  When doing a "Full Grav Survey" in SM-mode I´m getting #2568-errors, one per jumppoint.  When entering the unexplored jumppoints I get a #3102 (probably because the jumppoint is not explored. . . ), when exploring I get a #1558.

5.  Even in SM-mode, I can`t find the "research everything under xyz RP" (the old "All Research" and "All Field Res"-buttons) in the research window.  Instead the is a non-functioning "compare"-button.

Do you get any errors when generating player-made NPRs?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #242 on: April 12, 2020, 01:46:37 PM »
2.  Creating a new race the "Industrial Percantage"-modifier doesn´t change the number of installations (not visually in the new race window, not ingame).

It's not supposed to -- it's a multiplier to the output of those facilities (so 50% Ind race is forever not as good, rather than simply starting behind).

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #243 on: April 12, 2020, 01:46:48 PM »
Particle Beam Range tech shows "The maximum range of all torpedo types" as the description.

Fixed

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #244 on: April 12, 2020, 01:48:20 PM »
Ah yes this is probably it. My bad. I feel like an idiot. Totally forgot that from 8000 -> 10000 is a 25 percent increase. I was thinking that since I was using efficiency 5 jump engines it meant that it would only be a 20% difference :)

Don't worry about it :)

A lot of new things to learn and I need to know about potential bugs. I actually thought there was an issue as well until I ran through the code a few times.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #245 on: April 12, 2020, 01:48:38 PM »
Theres something really weird going on with class design, Tonnage randomly changing when altering class design, adding armour, or even just checking the "show tonnage button"
Just clicking on the class design alters its tonnage.
I click "new ship class" get a 364 ton design.
Hit "copy design" This design is 404 tons, click on the old design and now its 392 tons, if i disable "size in tons" now its 404 tons, reenable it now its 408,  if i turn on no armour it drops to 172, disabling no armour now its 299 tons.
increase armour to 2 and now its 565. Change the armour to 2 again, now its 775 tons.....
Edit: Clicking no armour at least gives a consistent size, and also when you turn the armour back on again.
Edit: The You also get a consistant size if you change the armour only once after selecting Zero armour then disabling it again.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 02:04:19 PM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #246 on: April 12, 2020, 01:49:54 PM »
There doesn't seem to be an entry in the events window for when new research begins after another project is done. This means I need to check the research window every time to see if the last project in the queue has been finished and I need to add more assignments.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #247 on: April 12, 2020, 01:53:08 PM »
In the Research Project window, all the dropdown boxes are editable, even though that doesn't make sense. It doesn't seem to do any harm, except that it selects all the text in them as you make choices, so it looks funny.

Offline Red Dusk

• Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #248 on: April 12, 2020, 01:54:24 PM »
When deleting a savegame, if you go to open the dropdown bar again to either switch saves or delete another, it will no longer show the names of the saves, only showing "h1" for each save.
This is on a Win10 computer.  The game deleted did not have any time progressed in it as I was experimenting with the game creation windows.

Offline Xeladragn

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • X
« Reply #249 on: April 12, 2020, 01:57:32 PM »
I'm getting "Function #2096: Attempted to divide by zero. " often when I move time forward, I haven't seen any resolution for that yet.   

Also related to the event days not sticking it looks like the Text color on the events page also does not stick after I close and re open the game.   

Offline Energyz

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #250 on: April 12, 2020, 01:59:00 PM »
Function 1608 : An element with the same key was already added
Function 1562 : The object reference is not defined to an instance of an object
Function 2430 : The object reference is not defined to an instance of an object
Function 2431 : The object reference is not defined to an instance of an object

To reproduce : with SM mode on and know stars unchecked, create a new game, then a new system in System and Generation display, and immediatly delete it.   Then, any time you'll try to create a new system, these 4 errors will show up and no system will be created. 

If the System and Generation display was already opened and closed once, this bug won't appear, so i guess it is really minor. 

Edit : that bug happens from time to time if you keep adding and deleting system, opening and closing the window fixes it.  Also, it seems the name of the newly created system is always the first of the chosen theme, i guess it should be random
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 02:04:39 PM by Energyz »

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #251 on: April 12, 2020, 02:00:40 PM »
Ok so a definite bug is that the conditional and standing orders do not transfer to the new fleets formed by transit and divide and also split fleet into individual ships.

I have military ships with commercial engines and military jump engines which cannot jump. My commercial ships also cannot jump using military jump engines. In VB they could, so I suspect this is a bug.

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #252 on: April 12, 2020, 02:01:51 PM »
I can research the Fighter [Air-to-Air/Autocannon/Bombardment] Pod technologies before researching Fighter Pod Bay. I thought that might be intentional (to let them be used in box launchers), but when I researched Fighter Bombardment Pod, it gives me the option to design a new pod bay, but not the ability to design a bombardment pod.

Offline buergerjoh

• Petty Officer
  • b
« Reply #253 on: April 12, 2020, 02:04:32 PM »
Quote from: DFNewb link=topic=10636. msg121293#msg121293 date=1586717183
Quote from: buergerjoh link=topic=10636. msg121286#msg121286 date=1586716755
Thanks for the GREAT game! Some observations creating a custom scenario:

1.   If you change the SM-mode or autoturns on the tactical screen the change is not visible (but the mode is changing) in the galactic map window.   If you change them in the galactic map window the buttons do change in the tactical window.   

2.   Creating a new race the "Industrial Percantage"-modifier doesn´t change the number of installations (not visually in the new race window, not ingame). 

3.   With "Auto Design Ground Forces" some of the HQ-settings seem to be off.   They are alright at brigade-level (HQ50 for size of 45-49, [brigade HQ + subordinate formations]) but off on some of the regiments (HQ7-9 for size 12-16, especially infantry and construction). 

4.   When doing a "Full Grav Survey" in SM-mode I´m getting #2568-errors, one per jumppoint.   When entering the unexplored jumppoints I get a #3102 (probably because the jumppoint is not explored.  .  .  ), when exploring I get a #1558. 

5.   Even in SM-mode, I can`t find the "research everything under xyz RP" (the old "All Research" and "All Field Res"-buttons) in the research window.   Instead the is a non-functioning "compare"-button.

Do you get any errors when generating player-made NPRs?
Yes! One #2568 per JP in the system the NPR was created in.  Afterwards time doesn`t advance any longer, showing a #1512.

Offline MinuteMan

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #254 on: April 12, 2020, 02:08:18 PM »
I can research jump engines (self only) smaller than size 12 before researching 'Minimum jump engine size - 12' tech.
Don't know if it is a bug.  Or that the tech allows for squadron jumps below size 12.