Author Topic: v1.30 Bugs Thread  (Read 33838 times)

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
Re: v1.30 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2020, 02:37:22 AM »
Are Civilian Shipping Line ships supposed to all be commanded by my own naval officers when Automated Assignments is turned on? Happened to me in every game since v1.0 including v1.3 now:

I have 5x shipping line ships, and they are all commanded by one of my officers:

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 02:45:00 AM by Ancalagon »

Offline alaysian

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2020, 02:43:56 AM »
Function 1530: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Also I am un-able to gather intelligence on an enemy colony using a ELINT module, this bug might be related to above error message as I only started getting that when I put my ship  in range of the enemy pop.

EDIT: Errors stopped after moving out of range, definitely related.

I'm getting this same error every 5 days.   I have a neutral NPR sitting a ship right above one of my automine colonies, so I assume they have an ELINT there.   Might be due to them having 0 population?

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2020, 02:48:06 AM »
My ship was exploded by my first alien encounter this game while surveying. Not sure if it's an NPR or a spoiler, but every time I click the "Intelligence" button now, this error pops up before the Intelligence screen opens up:

Additionally, when I click "Communicate" I got an additional error, but forgot to record the number. When I click "Communicate" again now, it says I'm already attempting to communicate and throws a Function #1936 object reference not set to object instance error.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2020, 02:58:29 AM »
I'm getting a constant #1414 error after clicking time forward. It was also reported in the v1.1 bugs thread.
The error didn't show up untill a few months into the game so I'm thinking it must be NPR related. Or perhaps one of the spoiler racer. I'm uploading the DB to dropbox but it'll take a while.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Boris

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2020, 03:19:20 AM »
When generating a new game, the description for "Generate Rakhas" is missing

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2020, 03:42:24 AM »
It appears that the deployment & maintenance clocks run at double speed when training.

That's what it supposed to do
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Boris

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2020, 03:47:21 AM »
When designing a prototype engine,"Engine Power" doesn't show next tech level. 
For example, if current minimum level is 50%, next level should be 40%, but it doesn't show it in the selection box. 
I'm guessing that the algorithm is only looking for bigger values and not looking at possible smaller values.

Offline Boris

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2020, 03:58:19 AM »
In the Class Design window. 
In 1.  2 there was a bug where creating a new ship class would always assign it to a Cruiser hull. 
Now, the first ship you create is reassigned to the last hull you used. 
For example:
1.   I created a geo survey ship class named "a", and it was assigned to geo survey hull. 
2.   I created a cargo ship class named "b", and both classes ("a" and "b") were assigned to cargo hull
3.   I created a command dropship class, "a" and "c" were assigned to command dropship hull, while "b" remained to be cargo hull. 

When changing the hull type of the ship, it doesn't update in the hierarchical view on the left.
If you close the window and open it again - it shows the correct hierarchy
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 06:30:11 AM by Boris »

Offline LuciusSulla

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2020, 04:02:22 AM »
After made contact with some aliens (probably the new spoiler race hit down my geosurvey ship with their land units).

Opening intelligence window or clicking on communication generates Function #1936: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Attached is the save.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2020, 04:02:47 AM »
Menu icons not visible in windows high-contrast mode

I didn't even know there was a high contrast mode :)

This is something I can't really fix without understanding the effect of different modes and how to avoid that, so this is unlikely to be fixed any time soon.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2020, 04:04:10 AM »
Improved geosurvey modules are still classified as civilian.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2020, 04:05:14 AM »
Disclaimer: Happened in 1. 10 and 1. 20 but was not mentioned.

After about 30 years & having colonies at about 30m pop the civilian shipping lines break.  The log complains about them not being able to load infrastructure every 5 or so days.
Furthermore the civilian research done for ground units also unlocks player techs.

Was there an error message or just an event in the log? Can you provide the text please.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2020, 04:09:10 AM »
Disclaimer: Happened in 1. 10 and 1. 20 but was not mentioned.

After about 30 years & having colonies at about 30m pop the civilian shipping lines break.  The log complains about them not being able to load infrastructure every 5 or so days.
Furthermore the civilian research done for ground units also unlocks player techs.

Was there an error message or just an event in the log? Can you provide the text please.

It's an event in the log. don't have the full message atm, but it's the "unable to load due to not having anything to load" message. Same as we get if we set repeated pickups and colony runs out.
But the civvies keep trying, so get interrupted all the time
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

The following users thanked this post: vyser1on

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2020, 04:10:25 AM »
[Minor bug. When you have Spacemaster on and you create a new game the light stays on but Spacemaster is off. Clicking it keeps the light on but actually turns Spacemaster on.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2020, 04:11:18 AM »
When making ships, if you delete all/most of the components on the ship a warning text will appear saying "freighters require at least
one engineering space

Stupid question time :)

Was this a freighter and did you delete the last engineering space?