Author Topic: v1.40 Bugs Thread  (Read 21991 times)

Offline Red Dusk

• Petty Officer
  • R
Re: v1.40 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2020, 11:13:41 PM »
V1. 4

Obsoleted Engines do not disappear from the Race Components list in Class Design, I have not selected the checkbox at the bottom to show them.

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2020, 11:14:39 PM »
When designing a ship, the warning for "No Power for Energy Weapons" doesn't show up.

I've attached the DB and a screenshot of the Class Design Menu, but have not tested if the weapon fires. The design in question uses a 15cm Laser with 0.5x reduction and Capacitor 3.

In VB6, 0.75x reduced 10cm lasers were 100 Tons (2HS), now they are 150 Tons (3 HS), is this a bug or WAI?

Offline Chrisianak

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2020, 11:15:39 PM »
I was unable to find a way to genetically modify a species.   I instant researched the project and instant built some Genetic modification centers.   I was unable to find anywhere where I could add a population of the new species.   It is as if it didn't exist.

Offline JustAnotherDude

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2020, 11:35:47 PM »
When I closed out of my game, which had been getting "Function #28: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object" errors for a while, and then reopened it every ship in my empire disappeared. The fleets and admin commands are still intact, but every ship is gone. I can't remember off the top of my head when the errors began, but it was around the same time as I found what I assume are Precursors. I've attached my DB.

Offline sctjkc01

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2020, 11:44:29 PM »
I've got two different bugs that I need to report.

- If you design a research project, scrap the resulting project before you research it, and create a new design (such as creating a new Engine, then scrapping it after researching a component tech) it comes up with a Null Reference error from function #10x (couldn't remember the function number exactly).
- After starting a new game where you get Instant Research Points, the "Instant" button doesn't disappear once you run out of Instant RP.   And there's no check to ensure you have sufficient Instant RP to research a tech.

Offline xjalbritton

• Leading Rate
  • x
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2020, 11:56:58 PM »
Geological survey sensors seem to be counted as military components now, not sure if this was intentional or not.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2020, 11:59:14 PM »
Loading a fractional number of installations such as "0.1" Spaceports gives the following error:

Loading fractional installations is important for moving the extremely large installations one bit at a time.

I don't have any unusual localization settings, such as comma decimals. I think it's an input form issue.

Offline thashepherd

• Chief Petty Officer
  • t
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2020, 12:04:31 AM »
Selecting a previous missile design sets weight assignments for warhead/fuel/agility/sensors/etc but does not set engine thrust/size.

When changing a scientist's field in the Commanders window, their field is updated in the sidebar on the left but their Research skill level (decreased in the new field) is not.

When renaming a class, the name of the class is not updated in the class's detailed description (see attachment).

When using the 'Change Rank' button to set default commander rank for a formation template, the dialog always contains the race's highest rank rather than the rank that the formation template is set to use (see attachment - the Fuzileiros are set to use the lowest rank, but the dialog shows 'Teniente General', the highest.).

It is possible to add negative units to a formation template (see attachment). It is possible to create a Headquarter unit with no Headquarter Capacity.

It is possible to create/rename formation templates with empty names (although this doesn't appear to break anything).
It is possible to create a unit class with a blank name; the name 'New Unit Class Name' is automatically assigned and the research appears to behave normally.

Stars cannot be renamed with 'Rename Body'.

Renaming a system in the System Generation and Display window doesn't update the system's name in the main window.

Technologies don't return to the available technologies window when they are removed from queue.

Creating a shipyard task to repair a damaged ship may cause undamaged ships to appear in the dropdown as well. Repairing any of those undamaged ships causes a recurring Function #2185 Attempt to divide by zero error.

A warning dialog about interrupting the current shipyard activity is shown when the shipyard has an ongoing activity and you use your 'free' initial retool, even though using that free retool doesn't interrupt the activity.

The 'Intelligence and Foreign Relations' window should not be available (greyed-out icon) when no foreign races have been encountered.

The following inputs immediately throw errors when symbols/letters are entered:
  • Deployment Time
  • Armor Rating
  • Armor Rating
  • Headquarter Capacity
  • Commander/Maintenance/Refuel/Resupply Priority; Minimum Fuel/Supplies

The following don't:
  • Range Bands / Target Speed
  • MSP and stage assignments in the Missile Design window (bad inputs here don't prevent you from creating missiles!)
  • Turret tracking speed and armor strength (ditto)
  • Search configurations in the Minerals window (errors aren't thrown until the user clicks 'search')
  • Number of Items/Percentage on the Industry tab of the Economics window (errors aren't thrown until the user clicks 'Create' or 'Modify')
  • Add/Edit Supply/Demand on the Civilian Economy tab (errors aren't thrown until the user clicks 'ok')
  • Maximum Atm on the Environment tab

All should just be updated so that only numbers can be entered (i.e. nothing happens when the user presses the 'q' key).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:59:33 AM by thashepherd »

Offline thashepherd

• Chief Petty Officer
  • t
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2020, 12:06:08 AM »
Geological survey sensors seem to be counted as military components now, not sure if this was intentional or not.

Yeah, this was intentional.

The following users thanked this post: xjalbritton

Offline Ves

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • V
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2020, 12:14:16 AM »
After creating a repair task for a damaged ship, its undamage sister took its place on the dropdown list.  Attempting to create a repair task for the undamaged ship created a slew of divide by zero errors.  They continued even after deleting the shipyard, but stopped when I deleted the ship.

The following users thanked this post: thashepherd

Offline harpyeagle

• Leading Rate
  • h
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2020, 12:32:13 AM »
Basic ship components that can't be designed (like maintenance storage bays) should not be able to made obsolete.

Incidentally, since AFAIK it only affects the ship designer view, it would be handy if components that were accidentally made obsolete were able to be reversed.

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius

Offline harpyeagle

• Leading Rate
  • h
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2020, 12:43:53 AM »
Maintenance vessels in a fleet or in a sub-fleet that are set to "Supply Fleet" don't transfer MSP to the parent fleet.

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2020, 12:47:34 AM »
Slight continuance of this for v. 1.40: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10684.msg122830#msg122830

If I copy a design, I am able to select the design from the 'Refit From' dropdown menu, even if there aren't any ships build of it. If I select refit, it creates a 'divide by zero' error for function #2185. This is repeated every time I enter the economics window and when I pass time I get a 'divide by zero' error for function #2097.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2020, 12:54:25 AM »

This is intentional.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2020, 12:55:58 AM »
Loading a fractional number of installations such as "0.1" Spaceports gives the following error:

Loading fractional installations is important for moving the extremely large installations one bit at a time.

I don't have any unusual localization settings, such as comma decimals. I think it's an input form issue.

If you don't give a quantity it will load as much as it can, even if that's a fractional amount. You can then repeat the order multiple times to transfer the full facility.