Author Topic: v1.40 Bugs Thread  (Read 21992 times)

Offline Agoelia

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
Re: v1.40 Bugs Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2020, 06:04:02 AM »
On every colony in Sol (haven't colonized other system yet) it says:
"ground based survey potential - Completed"
But I haven't even built my first ground survey unit!
I haven't started the game with geological surveys already done in Sol either.

So shouldn't it say "excellent" or "poor" or "average" or something like that, instead of "completed"?

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2020, 06:05:14 AM »
On very small bodies with LG Infrastructure, there reaches a point where the percentage of manufacturing jobs reduces. When it reaches 0, you get error #1690 and 2169 divide by 0 if there are workers. On Eris this happens around 42 million. On Io it's about 163 mil (so not just LG infrastructure). Strangely it's about 75 mil for titania which is quite a bit smaller than the other 2.

When does error occur? Are you opening a window or is during an increment?

Offline Zerkuron

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • Z
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2020, 06:08:21 AM »
Minor UI issues

When creating new game.

Missing tooltips
"Allow Human NPRs"
"Generate Rakhas"
"Allow Civilian Harvesters"
"Earth Mineral Deposits (100 = normal)
"Minimum NPR Distance (LY)"
"Maximum NPR Distance (LY)"
"Add Planet X to the Sol System"

Tooltip only shows when mouse hovers over number, but not descriptive text
"Starting Year"
"Number of Player Races"
"Minimum Sol Jump Points (0 = Random)

Typos and such
"Orbital Motions for Planets / Moons" Missing the "." at the end.
"Generate non-TN races only" Missing the "." at the end.
"Generate Precursors" Missing the "." at the end of the last sentence.
"Generate Invaders" "... normal non-player race (NPR)s" I think "(NPRs)." is better.
"Generate Star Swarm" Missing the "." at the end of the last sentence.
"NPR´s activate Ancient Races" Missing the "." at the end of the sentence.
"No Maintenance Required" Missing the "." at the end of the second sentence.
"Inexperienced Fleet Penalties" Tooltip starts with a "space" instead of the "W".
"Number of Non-Player Races" Tooltip, "... Aurora and  are hidden ..." between "and" and "are" is one space too much.

Sorry for the small fries, but I wanted to help, too.

*Edit: Removed some of my own typos  ::)*
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 06:15:28 AM by Zerkuron »

Offline Agoelia

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2020, 06:13:51 AM »
Started a colony on Luna. It's not terraformed nor I am planning on terraforming it, so the available infastructures set the pop limit.
So I set it to "not a destination not a source of colonists"
I received some messages that public order is decreasing due to overcrowding.
But they have a surplus of infrastructures (see image 1)! And infrastructures are not increasing, they have been stuck on the same value for several months now.
They're basically producing infrastructures and importing them from Earth but not using them. 

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2020, 06:15:40 AM »
V 1.4 In class design adding or removing cargo shuttles isn't affecting the displayed load time for colonists, troops or cargo ships. I haven't checked if it affects the actual load time. In earlier versions the displayed time definitely changed with addition of shuttle bays.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2020, 06:29:57 AM »
V 1.4 In class design adding or removing cargo shuttles isn't affecting the displayed load time for colonists, troops or cargo ships. I haven't checked if it affects the actual load time. In earlier versions the displayed time definitely changed with addition of shuttle bays.

it's working on my version. I haven't changed anything in that area. Anyone else with a similar problem?

Offline Zerkuron

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • Z
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2020, 06:33:14 AM »
When setting the Construction Cycle Time to 86400 (1 Day) it takes 1 Day and 5 seconds. Setting it to 86399 fixes the Issue (Off-By-One error)

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2020, 06:41:26 AM »

it's working on my version. I haven't changed anything in that area. Anyone else with a similar problem?
It appears to be transient, I'm not getting the problem now. I have closed and reopened the window since then. I'll poke around and see if I theres some way to trigger the condition.
Edit:
Well that was fast, Copying an old class triggers the error, it appears to happen in the new and all the old designs untill the window has been closed and reopened.
Refreshing the window doesn't make it go away, it must be fully closed and reopened.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 06:45:15 AM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline SerBeardian

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2020, 06:45:08 AM »
Looks like a button that got removed still has it's background block of blue left over.

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2020, 06:46:24 AM »
On every colony in Sol (haven't colonized other system yet) it says:
"ground based survey potential - Completed"
But I haven't even built my first ground survey unit!
I haven't started the game with geological surveys already done in Sol either.

So shouldn't it say "excellent" or "poor" or "average" or something like that, instead of "completed"?

WAI. Most bodies don't have the potential for ground surveys any more. There's a (fairly low) percentage chance, and only for the largest bodies. In my starting system, only Titan was surveyable. All the rest will show "completed" from the start.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2020, 06:48:33 AM »
All of these have to do with terraforming with SM mode. The last one is my most favorite bug I have found.

• You can SM add "None" as an atmosphere.
  • SM adding atmosphere to planets will eventually make water vapor appear (at 0 atm) as a atmospheric component, even on planets with no water.
  • SM adding Frigusium to planets will produce temperatures that can go below absolute zero.
  • SM adding Frigusium to planets will follow a unusual set of patterns.

Fixed. The gas that makes things colder had a high boiling point, so it kept freezing out and removing itself from the atmosphere - oops!

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2020, 06:50:05 AM »
Future Prototypes do not appear to automatically convert to researchable prototypes when you finish researching all the requisite technology.

Yes, I don't think I have add that functionality yet.

The following users thanked this post: Luna

Offline Agoelia

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2020, 07:05:14 AM »

I tried replicating but it also works for me.
However, adding the first shuttle bay doesn't reduce loading time (which is intended I think? It only gives the ship the ability to load and unload on bodies without a spaceport iirc), which might be mistaken for the entire feature not working properly.

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2020, 07:07:12 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10715. msg123058#msg123058 date=1586942737
Quote from: Demonius link=topic=10715. msg122932#msg122932 date=1586910633
Anyone able to create Medals?

I suddenly get Error 2471, Value can't be NULL although I have filled out all fields and selected an Image.

That error is in Display Medals.  Can you link your DB?

Here it is.

I also got the load game bug with 1170 and 1168 again which was also reported by master18 just a bit before your reply, as well as the message 1130 d:\auroraC\medals
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 07:08:45 AM by Demonius »

Offline Gladaed

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2020, 07:11:52 AM »
You can toggle no armor on locked designs removing all armor and engines from allready build ships.