Author Topic: v1.40 Bugs Thread  (Read 21985 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.40 Bugs Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2020, 07:32:00 AM »
V1. 4

Obsoleted Engines do not disappear from the Race Components list in Class Design, I have not selected the checkbox at the bottom to show them.

Working for me. Anyone else with this problem?

BTW Are you looking at race components and not class components?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2020, 07:32:29 AM »
I was unable to find a way to genetically modify a species.   I instant researched the project and instant built some Genetic modification centers.   I was unable to find anywhere where I could add a population of the new species.   It is as if it didn't exist.

Not added yet.

Offline insanegame27

• Leading Rate
  • i
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2020, 07:34:28 AM »
Function #2217 pops up whenever I select summary, industry, mining or wealth tabs: "An item with the same key has already been added"

Offline Zerkuron

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • Z
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2020, 07:40:15 AM »
Conventional Start.

Get income from 300,6 Financial centres, despite having still conventional industry and no financial centres.
If Conventional Industry is supposed to to add wealth, I think it is much clearer it would show CI as source of wealth.

Offline L0ckAndL0ad

• Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2020, 07:48:46 AM »
Seems like executive officers aren't assigned, at least for me in my games. Dunno what the requirement is for that but it seems strange I have none at all.
Maybe this is more suggestion-y but it would be great if there was an option also for auto-assign to fill empty spots on ships after everything else is done even if they don't have an applicable bonus. In priority of promotion grade or something.

EDIT: Apparently my ships don't have COs also, I don't have enough officers it seems. Others have reported XO assignment working. However, it seems like commander priority isn't working properly. I set my larger ships to have a higher commander priority but all the commanders are still hogged by the smaller ships with a lower priority.
All types of officers are assigned automatically in my current game, including XOs.

Commander priority for ships isn't working, however, I can confirm that.

I have commercial ships with 0 Command Priority, DDs with priority 2, and CAs with priority 5. DDs and civilians were filled first, while CAs are not getting officers. There were not enough officers of required rank (Captain) to fill all the ships before the assignments took place, so priority should've picked the CAs first, then DDs and only then civilian ships. But CAs were not given priority.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2020, 07:49:21 AM »
Auto fleet FC and auto assign FC seem to be broken.

Could you be more specific. Error text, what you did, etc? They are working fine for me.

I had 2 beam fire controls and 8 railguns on each ship. It gave no error text, I just press the button and nothing happens. I will see if I can reproduce later. Later when I tested it with missiles it seemed to work fine.

Offline Impassive

• Gold Supporter
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2020, 07:53:11 AM »
When dragging units between formations and the popup asking how many ground units you want to move shows, if you click cancel it moves all of them anyway.

You can also enter in -1 rifleman to move, adding -1 riflemen to the other formation and adding an extra one to the original.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2020, 07:59:26 AM »
When I closed out of my game, which had been getting "Function #28: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object" errors for a while, and then reopened it every ship in my empire disappeared. The fleets and admin commands are still intact, but every ship is gone. I can't remember off the top of my head when the errors began, but it was around the same time as I found what I assume are Precursors. I've attached my DB.

Just checking I am looking at the right DB - main race is United Nations and Survey groups are GEV1, GEV2, etc.?

Ships are there from what I can see.

Offline L0ckAndL0ad

• Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2020, 08:01:16 AM »
Auto Beam FCS assignment works for me, but I noticed some quirks.

My CA design:

3x Triple 200mm SXR Laser Turrets / 8000 tracking
4x Dual GC PD Turrets / 16000 tracking

1x Main Gunnery FCS 4x range 1x tracking (8000)
2x PD FCS 1x range 2x tracking (16000)

Auto Beam FCS assigns main battery triple 200mm turrets with 8000 tracking to one of the PD FCS and with Final Defensive Fire on. Which is kinda smart for a default setup when expecting missiles. But, obviously, main battery lasers should've been assigned to the main gunnery FCS with longer range.

Not sure how it works if there are enemies nearby and how it affects the AI. But for me, that's not a big deal really.

ps: It works perfectly on my DD with mixed beam weaponry (2x range 2x tracking Dual Purpose laser main battery + 1x range 2x tracking GC PD turrets).

Attaching a screenie
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 08:07:07 AM by L0ckAndL0ad »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2020, 08:03:52 AM »
Basic ship components that can't be designed (like maintenance storage bays) should not be able to made obsolete.

Incidentally, since AFAIK it only affects the ship designer view, it would be handy if components that were accidentally made obsolete were able to be reversed.

Just click Obso Comp again and they are un-obsoleted.

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius

Offline Kiks

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2020, 08:09:59 AM »
You can SM add negative atmosphere.

With SM mode off you can still instant research missile designs.

Having the AI design everything for you results in doubling or tripling of certain racial tech like lasers and mesons.

When AI pre-designs ships they can skip over prerequisite tech for troop transports and tech straight into drop pod equipped troop transports.

When designing fighter pods the msp of the engine mount for the missile is still counted.
When you design the pods and missiles with size <1 they are still counted as 1 MSP (probably just a minimum but still mentioning it).
You can put fighter pods on a ship that has no fighter pod bays, the game will say that there is a "0x fighter pod" in the ordnance layout.

Addition: When generating a new TN player race starting build points is always at 57,800 locked at what ever points they started with when you pull up the race generator.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 08:29:49 AM by Kiks »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2020, 08:28:12 AM »
When designing fighter pods the msp of the engine mount for the missile is still counted.

Is this true even with "no engine" checked?

Offline Kiks

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2020, 08:30:31 AM »

Is this true even with "no engine" checked?

Didn't see that checkbox. This is not the case when you put no engine.

Offline MinuteMan

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2020, 08:33:23 AM »
Issues regarding "Minerals" window

• When one or more of the amount fields for the minerals are empty (as in empty string), your search will give an error.     "Function #2026: Input string was not in acorrect format".     
  • Hitting clear search will actually clear the amount and accessibility fields, but it doesn't trigger the search again.     
  • Is the result always sorted by the amount of Duranium?
  • Colony Cost of Neptune is shown as -1 in stead of 'N/A'

Issues regarding "Ground Forces" window
When the Order of Battle screen is empty the following buttons will return an error.   
  • When the Order of Battle screen is empty 
  • "Rename" ==> "Function #1865: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    "
  • "Field position" ==> "Function #1870: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    "
  • "Clear Hierarchy" ==> "Function #1886: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    "
  • "Delete formation" ==> "Function #1880: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    "
  • "Transfer Alien" ==> "Function #1869: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    "
  • "Active on" ==> "Function #1872: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    "
  • "Formation medal" ==> "Function #1884: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    "
  • "Hierarchy medal" ==> "Function #1885: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    "
  • "Change Rank" ==> "Function #1868: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    "
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:04:04 AM by MinuteMan »

Offline MrHuman

• Leading Rate
  • M
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2020, 08:50:41 AM »
Bug found in 1. 2 patch but did not see it posted anywhere, sometimes when I build space stations they end up in a civilian fleet instead of the space station one.