Author Topic: Promotions  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Silverkeeper (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
Promotions
« on: April 15, 2020, 12:43:01 AM »
Is there a way to promote administrator? I have the perfect candidate for earth at level 4 and i need a level 5.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
Re: Promotions
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 12:56:48 AM »
no, and probably not going to be one either.
They should level faster if you do them something to do, so that might help
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 06:15:03 AM »
no, and probably not going to be one either.
They should level faster if you do them something to do, so that might help

With conventional starts, the only other Admin job besides running the homeworld is Academy head.

VB Aurora had SpaceMaster buttons to promote and demote individual officers, which allowed one to promote a Civilian Administrator, give them the desired assignment, then demote them to the original rank while remaining in office.  We might get them back, but we lack them for now.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 07:15:16 AM »
nothing is stopping you from starting a bunch of 0 pop colonies on a bunch of bodies and have guys you want to level run those places
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 07:46:57 AM »
nothing is stopping you from starting a bunch of 0 pop colonies on a bunch of bodies and have guys you want to level run those places

In my case, fidelity to the fiction is stopping me, since my species hasn't even managed to orbit it's own planet yet.  There are things I will happily fix with SpaceMaster, but won't 'cheat' by exploiting the software.

Offline TacticalStats

• Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 08:44:13 AM »
Quote from: Father Tim link=topic=10723. msg123148#msg123148 date=1586954817
Quote from: Resand link=topic=10723. msg123133#msg123133 date=1586952916

In my case, fidelity to the fiction is stopping me, since my species hasn't even managed to orbit it's own planet yet.   There are things I will happily fix with SpaceMaster, but won't 'cheat' by exploiting the software.

Why can't he just be the president of the lunar society? A figure head position invited to fancy dinners in D. C.  or wherever your capital is?

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius