Author Topic: Exceeding Headquarters Capacity Question  (Read 2860 times)

Offline Simple_Canadian (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
Exceeding Headquarters Capacity Question
« on: April 15, 2020, 08:05:47 AM »
So from what I understand, commanders are assigned to headquarters to give bonuses to ground forces and that capacity is based on how many tons the headquarters can handle.

My question is: What happens if i go over that tonnage limit? I tried it and the game didn't stop me from assigning too many units and there was no error so what's stopping me from assigning all of my units to one 1000 capacity headquarters?

The following users thanked this post: Gabethebaldandbold

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Exceeding Headquarters Capacity Question
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 08:08:04 AM »
So from what I understand, commanders are assigned to headquarters to give bonuses to ground forces and that capacity is based on how many tons the headquarters can handle.

My question is: What happens if i go over that tonnage limit? I tried it and the game didn't stop me from assigning too many units and there was no error so what's stopping me from assigning all of my units to one 1000 capacity headquarters?

The bonuses are reduced by the supported-to-actual ratio (so double tonnnage is half bonus), and become zero if all HQ rating is lost.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 08:20:13 AM by Father Tim »

The following users thanked this post: Simple_Canadian

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 08:11:07 AM »
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg110196#msg110196

If an officer is commanding a formation that is larger than his command rating, the effectiveness of his other bonuses will be reduced by (command rating / formation size). For example, an officer with a 20% defence bonus and a command rating of 5000 is commanding a regiment with a size of 7000. The defence bonus is reduced to 14.3%. In addition, if the largest HQ in a formation has a rating less than the formation size, the effectiveness of the formation commander's bonuses will be reduced by (HQ rating / formation size). These penalties (command rating and HQ rating) are cumulative. Note that if all HQ capacity in a formation is eliminated, no commander bonuses will apply.

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 06:48:55 PM »
Ooph. I have been going based on units, not size. Good thing my ground forces still haven't engaged anyone.
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 08:54:46 PM »
Do the sub-ordinate formations count towards that HQ limit?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 09:07:58 PM »
Yes