Author Topic: v1.5.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 58564 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #555 on: April 18, 2020, 08:11:11 AM »
Hey Steve, this is a bug report from a user on the discord, he does not have a account just yet so I am posting it for him, here it is.

the bug: not being able to assign fighters to a space station which does not have anything in it, the assignment to ship menu does not show up. not a conventional start, and not a random stars game. it happens every time i try to add my fighter to the space station campaign is 20 years old

What do you mean by 'a space station which does not have anything in it'?

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • 2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Supporter of the forum for 2024
    2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter :
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Supporter of the forum in 2023
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter :
« Reply #556 on: April 18, 2020, 08:12:54 AM »
Quote from: Black link=topic=10756. msg124720#msg124720 date=1587153313
I get Error Message when I launch the game: Function #2490 Object reference is not set to an object instance (Text is translated from my language, so I am not sure if it is correct).  It happens again everytime when I discover new system.

I am also now getting this on launch.  Didn't have any errors before I went to make dinner a few hours ago, now getting this on game load.  Haven't built a jumpship yet, so can't check system discovery (it's next on my list, so guess I'll edit to report once I do).
Save Attached.

Loading without issue. Whatever was causing this problem is apparently fixed. Did you create any ruins manually?

That is strange I continue to play this save and I still get the error when I launch Aurora and when I survey new system. Ruins were generated by the game.

Its because I have an updated version of the code that handles the problem without causing an error.

I see, is there something I can do in my game to get rid of the error?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #557 on: April 18, 2020, 08:14:37 AM »
Er…. should a jumpship w/ commercial engines and a military jump drive be rated as a commercial ship?  Just noted this as I was going thru creating a survey command ship.

Military jump drive is a commercial system. Its confusing because there are two separate commercial/military commercial distinctions; one for engines and one for maintenance. In this case the military (engines) jump drive is a commercial (maintenance) component.

I probably need alternative description for one pair.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #558 on: April 18, 2020, 08:16:43 AM »
Getting a bug where if I set to unload 1 mass driver it just unloads all the mass drivers in cargo.  I haven't tried with more mass drivers than I have ships in my cargo fleet, but I do only load the requested number of drivers

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10637.0

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #559 on: April 18, 2020, 08:17:34 AM »
Designing a Gauss Turret creates an already researched component if you click on [Prototype] in the Turret Design Screen

Is it definitely a normal component and not a prototype component?

The following users thanked this post: Wieseltrupp

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #560 on: April 18, 2020, 08:20:04 AM »
v1.5.1
'Assign Sub-Fleet' in the Ship Combat panel copies the current weapon/FC and targetting to all identical classes in the whole fleet, not just the current sub fleet.
I can confirm that. I actually reported it in 1.5 bug thread.

In my case, I had several levels of sub-fleets, and when trying to assign targets on the lowest one, it worked for the entire fleet (for the same class ships).

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #561 on: April 18, 2020, 08:23:40 AM »
Regarding the minimum resolution of 1440x900 compared to the old x1024.  This made me happy due to my 1600x900 display.  I took this to mean no more panels will be cut off at the top and bottom and what not, however most of them still are. 

It seems the panels were sized with the full 900px height in mind and didn't take into account the taskbar height (which you can tell, when hiding the taskbar it all looks perfect, but is highly annoying to have to do for one game) which means that the taskbar cuts into a lot of the panels.  Which is kinda frustrating since I'm sure you worked very hard trying to keep the panels to fit that height so the game would be more accessible but is now ruined due to a small oversight.

A suggestion would be to make the UI buttons at the top slightly smaller to fit the taskbar.  The taskbar is 40px high.  When planning, the panels should've been worked on with 1440x860 in mind and not 900.

Yes, I forgot about the taskbar. My screens are a lot larger so it wasn't an issue in testing. At some point I will fiddle with the windows to take account of that, but its low priority at the moment compared to bug-fixing.

Offline Impassive

• Gold Supporter
  • Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #562 on: April 18, 2020, 08:29:52 AM »
Designing a Gauss Turret creates an already researched component if you click on [Prototype] in the Turret Design Screen

Can confirm, had this happen to me.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #563 on: April 18, 2020, 08:32:52 AM »
Fuel Consumption and Training continues during Overhaul

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: DFNewb, Wieseltrupp, Ancalagon

Offline Wieseltrupp

• Chief Petty Officer
  • W
« Reply #564 on: April 18, 2020, 08:37:20 AM »

Yes, the Gauss Turret was a Component without the (P) Suffix, furthermore, it shoes in the screen without selecting "Show Prototypes" and can be used like any other component
I can reproduce this error with Laser Turrets

OT
I can compress .7z files to about halve the size of a .zip compressed package, do you allow .7z compressed AuroraDB files for bugreport purposes?
This could speed up the upload process in areas with bad internet access like Antarctica, The Moon or Germany
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 09:13:57 AM by Wieseltrupp »

abdul

« Reply #565 on: April 18, 2020, 08:49:08 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10756. msg125166#msg125166 date=1587215471
Quote from: SpaceMarine link=topic=10756. msg124960#msg124960 date=1587179132
Hey Steve, this is a bug report from a user on the discord, he does not have a account just yet so I am posting it for him, here it is. 

the bug: not being able to assign fighters to a space station which does not have anything in it, the assignment to ship menu does not show up.  not a conventional start, and not a random stars game.  it happens every time i try to add my fighter to the space station campaign is 20 years old

What do you mean by 'a space station which does not have anything in it'?

it has 10000tons of hanger space and doesnt already have fighters in it.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #566 on: April 18, 2020, 08:58:41 AM »
v1.5.1
With either of the 'Lost contacts' options enabled, lost contacts appear to be updating position/data.

Database attached with this occuring in Tau Ceti.

Also, a 'lost contacts 1 day' would be a nice addition for lost contacts on a more tactical timescale.

Reproduced and fixed. Thanks for the database. I also added the 1 day option.

The following users thanked this post: Ancalagon

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #567 on: April 18, 2020, 08:59:56 AM »
Got a strange bug related to officer ranks and administration positions... The game hangs while performing a specific sequence of operation with a specific officer.

First, here is the database

With this DB, perform the following actions :
- Open the commanders window
- Select Rear Admiral Abigail Clayton
- Select the Naval Admin Commands jobs. -> A list of all the various departments should appears. An admiral is required for the top most command, a Vice admiral for the Formation Department
- Demote Abigail to Commodore -> The ranks required for the TSDI Navy switch to Vice Admiral, the rank for the Formation Department switch to Rear Admiral
- Promote Abigail to Vice Admiral -> The rank required jumps to Sky Marshal for the TSDI Navy and to Admiral for the Formation Department
- Promote Abigail to Admiral -> Game hangs. Probably because it looks for a higher rank than Sky Marshal for the TSDI Navy command.

It also happens with most of the commodores when promoted.

Furthermore, there's no "rank jumping" with several of the other commanders. For example, promoting her fellow Rear Admiral Kate Herbert don't change the required ranks at all.

Important context for investigation : I messed with the ranks, adding a new bottom most level (Lieutenant) for all freshmen. As you can only create a new top most rank (as far as I know), I renamed all the ranks.

I don't have permission to access the database.

Offline DoctorDanny

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #568 on: April 18, 2020, 09:07:43 AM »
I'm attempting to create a STO with a beam weapon.

Either I've hit a bug, or I'm doing something wrong.

I have selected static, medium static armour and a STO weapon.
The panel on the right remains empty despite having researched several weapons, such as lasers, mesons, rails and gauss.

Is there something obvious I'm missing or should I report this and include my DB?

Offline Aivaria

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #569 on: April 18, 2020, 09:13:30 AM »
hey, i replied to another thread with my same problem but i guess it belongs here.  (sorry for inconvenience if someone has to edit that other post, or it get mixxed up with this)

ive got an error 155.
Its an Trans Newtonian start, but i started with 0 initial research / ship points.  Game is at ~40-50 years in progress.  Its an Random star System game.

I tried adding an research (i think it was Superdense Armor or Theta shield.  I got an error with null pointer (object reference not set to an instance of an object).  If i think correctly is was function 2160 but im not sure about this.  Thought it would be smart to save the game, and text if it reproduces, but now when i start the game and click on any button it get an error 155 null pointer (object reference not set to an instance of an object).  It appears like my race it gone.

link to db: https://drive. google. com/open?id=1anIbYvuM4CYDLxpWaSvolCeBqkET78Kl (sorry for the link, but my db is to big for forum)

if you need more information, feel free to ask, gonna keep an eye on here for a while (also im curious what just happened)