Author Topic: v1.8.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 55769 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.8.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #450 on: April 27, 2020, 10:22:14 AM »
I've taken a planet from a precursor civilization.

Landed my own colonists on the planet.
It now has political status 'occupied'  or 'subjugated' and unrest increases without military presence.

There's no aliens left alive on the planet though...

That is working as intended as it is the alien colony. There is nothing to stop you creating your own colony though on the same planet.

How do I do that?
AFAIK there's a single colony (mine) that's human species. The aliens were precursors.
I tried clicking 'create colony' on the system window, but I dont seem to get another colony.

Will I need to remove the previous one first?

OK, that does look like a bug :)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #451 on: April 27, 2020, 10:53:30 AM »
Unsure if WAI, but with No Maintenance enabled, ships will still suffer maintenance failures during combat, consuming MSP if available as normal. The description for the No Maintenance toggle makes it seem like this shouldn't be the case.

Im pretty sure this is WAI but you are right that "no maintenance" should be called something like "no overhauls"

I've changed weapon failure to be off for 'no maintenance'.

The following users thanked this post: Droll, Red Dusk

Offline DoctorDanny

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #452 on: April 27, 2020, 10:58:42 AM »
I gave an order to stabilzie a lagrange point on a planet.
Then I cancelled all orders for that fleet.

Afterwards I was unable to give the stabilize lagrange point order on that same body again.
Option simply didn't appear.

The following users thanked this post: db48x

Offline Demakustus

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #453 on: April 27, 2020, 11:11:14 AM »
My ship got destroyed, the commander managed to escape to a lifeboat, she was looking forward to a slow death from asphyxiation.  But the bureaucratic machine never sleeps and she was immediately assigned to a new post (automated assignments turned ON).
I guess it can be done manually too, but somehow it feels wrong that the pencil pushers have power over space-time ;)

The following users thanked this post: swarm_sadist

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #454 on: April 27, 2020, 11:11:19 AM »
Minor bug, if you have a tanker set to refuel a fleet and the fleet has a ship with fuel (for instance a tractor orbital hab) it throws a #854 attempted divide by zero.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #455 on: April 27, 2020, 11:34:30 AM »
The function number: #483, followed by #1367

The complete error text:
Function #483: exception of the type system outofmemoryexception was thrown
Function #1367: object reference not set to an instance of an object

The window affected: Aurora bootup (opening the game)

What you were doing at the time: opening the game

Conventional or TN start: TN

Random or Real Stars: Real

Is your decimal separator a comma?: Switched it to period, never had this issue before

Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: one-off, first time it happened

If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: over 120 years

This seems to be caused by over two million events in the GameLog table. If you delete them, it should be fine. I will add some code to keep the table trimmed.

The following users thanked this post: Doren, Hastermain

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #456 on: April 27, 2020, 11:42:57 AM »
To add to the list of missing functions, it appears like civilian trade between races just doesn't happen.

I have a multi-earth start, every race is set to 200 relations, and toggled to allow trade.
Every race has civilian freighters.
Two races have idle freighters when there is fur demand on Earth A and fur supply on Earth B. Very poor capitalists.

Edit: Mercury also has a fur demand and the fur suppliers are not willing to trade.
I am having a similar issue in a test game, the civilians from two different races refuse to trade with each other even though supply and demand do exist. This could potentially be because of sharing a homeworld, so I'll do another test to see if having different homeworlds will solve this issue.

I have found a bug in this area, although not sure if it will fix this. Let me know if this still exists in v1.9.

The following users thanked this post: Zhatelier

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #457 on: April 27, 2020, 11:46:09 AM »
V1. 8. 0 created a new game, had two JPs in Sol, then both systems had no jump points after survey.  Turned on SM and tried to 'Add Jump Point" in System Generation and Display screen, it did nothing. . .  is it turned on? "Change Position" seemed to work.
After adding a jump point you'll need to re-do the survey since the JPs aren't defaulted to visible.
I've already posted an issue with this, The Added jump point isn't visible in the system window, which it probably should be when spacemaster is on as "unsurveyed"", and Furthermore there is a bug where the new jump point is literally undiscoverable if the system was already fully surveyed . (At least when spacemaster mode is used to survey). I havent tested if it also applies if the new points are added before every jump point is finished, or if the entire system is surveyed manually, but I suspect that might still be the case.

You should only be able to see the new jump point if you survey for it, although clicking Full Grav Survey in SM mode should reveal it.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #458 on: April 27, 2020, 11:48:25 AM »
The Medals screen only appears to have an area for ribbons to be awarded - on the left side towards the bottom.

Where is the facility to award actual medals as Aurora 4X

Trying to use medals from Aurora 4X or other peoples medal downloads just compresses and distorts the medal image in the ribbon area.

DavidR

There are only ribbons in C# Aurora

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #459 on: April 27, 2020, 11:50:49 AM »
It seems that when completing new ships when there is not enough MSP to fill them, makes all the fuel disappear from the colony. 

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: Demakustus

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #460 on: April 27, 2020, 11:56:35 AM »
I was poking around in the database, and made the simplest possible tech-tree:

I can't help but notice that the "Power Boost 60%" and "Max Squadron Jump Radius - 2500k" techs have a prerequisite with no name, which means that the tech isn't in the database. Perhaps these are typos, or places where the tech tree has been edited to remove something?

A quick test in SM mode shows that you can't get to those techs by researching the earlier ones. Thanks!

Edit: also "Minimal Vehicle Armour - ARM 1"

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: db48x

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #461 on: April 27, 2020, 12:06:32 PM »
ELINT module only goes to strength 14. Is that WAI?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #462 on: April 27, 2020, 12:07:04 PM »

I am getting about 60 "function #1414: value was too high or too low for a decimal" every turn for 5 to 10 turns.

I'm running your game without errors. However, I had to delete GravS6 to get the game to load. Maybe that was causing the problem.

I kept playing the same game and the same error appeared again.

It happened right after that the fleet Tug tractored the ship Cat 002 back home. In the fleet organization window, I have split the ship Cat 002 away from the Tug fleet and now when I click on this fleet, ScoutS2 in the naval organisation window, I get two errors: "#2976 value was too high or too low for a decimal" followed by "#916 value was too high or too low for a decimal". This fleet is composed of a single ship with 0 fuel which is ordered to refuel and resupply on the planet it is orbiting, but it won't do it for some reason.

When I load the game I get error 1171 and 1367 with "Can not perform a cast of DBnull item into other types" text. Errors are gone again and apparently ScoutS2 is gone this time. Could it be linked to the merging of fleets? Could the game keep track of the fleet that was automatically merged with the Tug fleet when I tractored the single ship of the ScoutS2 fleet and en error occured when I recreated a fleet with the same name?

Nulls are appearing in your db for some double values. Do you have the comma as your decimal separator?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #463 on: April 27, 2020, 12:12:04 PM »
This is almost a cosmetic thing.  When you open the commander window and then change the viewing empire, the commander sorter Minimum Rank and Maximum Rank dropdowns don't update to the now viewing empire - the dropdowns keep the ranks of the empire that opened the window.  Changing the commander type updates the ranks dropdowns.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.8.0 Bugs Thread Game Creation bug
« Reply #464 on: April 27, 2020, 12:14:00 PM »
Game Creation bug:

1) Click new game . . . 
2) set "earth Mineral Deposits) to any other number above 100.
3) check minerals on earth

-> its the same no matter what is set (didnt test below 100)

Current fix: space master mod to set them manually :(

Sincerely

What is the actual error and how do you know the minerals are not being generated correctly?

They should be different each game and it would be hard to tell if 80 or 120 are making a difference without checking a lot of samples.