Author Topic: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 29383 times)

Offline Wieseltrupp

• Chief Petty Officer
  • W
Re: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2020, 07:14:34 AM »
Supply and Demand orders set in the Civilian Economy Tab will transfer more Installations than needed, resulting in larger quantitys of installation Transported and Interrupts for Civilian ships failing to load said installations when the available stock of Installations does not exceed the set Supply amount

The following users thanked this post: Resand

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2020, 07:18:54 AM »
Supply and Demand orders set in the Civilian Economy Tab will transfer more Installations than needed, resulting in larger quantitys of installation Transported and Interrupts for Civilian ships failing to load said installations when the available stock of Installations does not exceed the set Supply amount

This happens to me also.
It seems that something is not working correctly in the new logic for civ ships that checks if another ship is already assigned to a given contract.
It could be that a ship already loading is not counted?

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2020, 07:22:10 AM »
Question:  Can you use Aux Controls on commercial vessels or are they just for military ships?  I constructed a freighter with an Aux Control and cannot post an XO - it doesn't show up as an available posting - so not sure if this is bug or WAI?

The assignment type filter was setup for military ships. There is no reason that you couldn't have auxiliary control on a commercial ship so I've added a second filter for XOs of commercial ships.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2020, 07:27:19 AM »
1.9.3 patched from a 1.9.0 installation, . decimal separator, TN start, random stars, no time elapsed yet.

While setting up my game start, I had just finished spending my starting build points and was in the Naval Organization window setting up admin commands and fleets and whatnot. I made a subfleet in a naval command for a squadron of ships, and...
accidentally dragged the parent fleet into its own subfleet. It has now vanished from its parent command, and after clicking anywhere in game (the cursor stuck in the 'drag and drop' mode), Aurora seems to have frozen.

Obviously in the future I just won't do that  ;D, but still reporting the fact that it's possible.

You can drag a fleet to a sub-fleet in the same location. However, I forgot to add a check to make sure the sub-fleet wasn't part of the dragged fleet. Fixed now.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, skoormit

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2020, 07:31:22 AM »
When exploring a new jump point in non-real stars it led to the system the star was already connected to. As a result the two systems were connected by two jump links.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2020, 08:45:44 AM »
When exploring a new jump point in non-real stars it led to the system the star was already connected to. As a result the two systems were connected by two jump links.

I think this is a known bug. Steve needs to spend more time on Custom start.

GOOD NEWS: Today for the first time the Bug thread dropped out of the top list and the reported bugs are really minor things. Meaning we are very close to a stable version.

Offline Bluebreaker

• Chief Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2020, 09:05:17 AM »
Got a strange bug here.

I'm getting ground units that I deleted before researching, as valid units to use.  And trying to obsolete them affects legitimate similar units.

Version: 1. 9. 3 (started in 1. 9. 0)
Details:
Start game Version 1. 9. 0
Designed ground units, figured they had "avoid combat" tag when i didn't want it.
Deleted them on the research screen.
Designed the units again without the avoid tag.  Research them.  Use them.
Updated aurora to 1. 9. 3
The deleted units are showing.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2020, 09:17:32 AM »
Mining Tab of Economics - under Mining Modifiers, all the numbers are accurate, but the total production on the end isn't reflecting the 'production bonus'.  Actual mining production is also correct.  (Example, new game, 1600 Conventional Industry, Production modifier is listed as 1. 5, Governor 1. 15 (15% mining bonus for the governor), the rest 1.  Total Production is listed as 1,840 with is the 1600*1. 15.  Actual mining amount for accessibility 1 is 2,760 (1600*1. 15*1. 5).

It would seem to make more sense to have that Total Prod value actually say 2,760.

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: Langer, SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2020, 09:35:28 AM »
It seems that auto-numbering of newly built ships is only incrementing each time a ship of the current design is built.
It should also increment any time a ship is refitted to the current design.

Example:
I have class SpeedyA.
I have one ship of this class: FAC SpeedyA 001.
I make a new design: SpeedyB.
I refit FAC SpeedyA 001 to the new design.
I use the Class Design window, Ships In Class tab to auto-rename the ship.
The ship is now named FAC SpeedyB 001 (sidenote: it would be nice if, upon refitting any ship with a ship name that matches the default format, the ship received a new default ship name for the new design).
At the shipyard, I go to build a new SpeedyB.
The default name for the new ship is FAC SpeedyB 001. It should be FAC SpeedyB 002.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2020, 09:37:30 AM »
v1.9.3
Under "Naval Organization" window, after selecting a fleet, you can drag to select all the ships in the ship list, including an empty element between the Title "Ship Name" and all the ships. Click "Detach" with everything selected prompts "Function #970 Null Reference Exception"

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Second Foundationer

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2020, 09:37:59 AM »
Conventional start, real stars 1.9, upgraded to 1.9.3 in two steps. Preexisting condition: a pair of TechID-twinned "Tank Destroyer" designs – they don't seem to cause trouble and will remain until I replace the existing units with an upgraded version.

Minor glitch with the Select Name window. I cannot pin the condition down precisely. 1. I rename one thing, in case A: a ship design via select name (from themed names). Then I want to rename another – in case A: a system –, click select name, then change my mind and click cancel. The system is still renamed, to the name I had selected before, in case A for the ship design. 2. Followed the same steps (as far as I know) to reproduce, but couldn't. Cancel button indeed cancelled. 3. Case B: I *manually* rename a system body, then click and cancel Select Name for the system, system is renamed to the name I gave the body.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2020, 09:39:12 AM »
It may not be quite a bug, but the Commercial Damage Control and Max Tracking Time for Bonus vs Missiles: 30 Seconds (6%) techs both have a redundant dependency on Trans-Newtonian Technology, because they also depend on another tech which depends on Trans-Newtonian Technology.

Meanwhile High-Density Duranium Armor depends on Duranium Armor twice :)

These don't cause any ill effects in the game, but they make the tech tree look funny when graphed.

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, db48x

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2020, 09:40:37 AM »
Conventional start, real stars 1.9, upgraded to 1.9.3 in two steps. Preexisting condition: a pair of TechID-twinned "Tank Destroyer" designs – they don't seem to cause trouble and will remain until I replace the existing units with an upgraded version.

Minor glitch with the Select Name window. I cannot pin the condition down precisely. 1. I rename one thing, in case A: a ship design via select name (from themed names). Then I want to rename another – in case A: a system –, click select name, then change my mind and click cancel. The system is still renamed, to the name I had selected before, in case A for the ship design. 2. Followed the same steps (as far as I know) to reproduce, but couldn't. Cancel button indeed cancelled. 3. Case B: I *manually* rename a system body, then click and cancel Select Name for the system, system is renamed to the name I gave the body.

Has anyone got a 'twinned ground units' bug in a brand new v1.9.3 game? (not in a game that was previously running in a different version)

Offline Second Foundationer

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2020, 09:43:45 AM »

Has anyone got a 'twinned ground units' bug in a brand new v1.9.3 game? (not in a game that was previously running in a different version)

Sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned it. It was confusing. They were carried over from 1.9. I just try to be as comprehensive as I can.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2020, 09:44:19 AM »
I just started a brand new 1.9.3 game and unfortunately ran into a potential game-breaking issue. Conventional start, real stars, decimal separator = period, doing nothing but waiting to research TN tech.

I received these errors on advancing time:
Function #2608: object reference not set
Function #222: object reference not set
Function #224: object reference not set
Function #2339: object reference not set

These 4 errors repeated many times but I was eventually able to click through them.

I played through it for a couple more months, I never received another error popup, but the game eventually froze completely and I had to terminate it. This happened 26 Oct 2026, game time. After restarting I didn't get a freeze, but it does drop into 5-second increments about that time for NPR combat.

Most recent database (and previous DB, in case that helps reproduction) is attached.

This is it. This is the NPR related string of errors I had earlier. It has something to do with NPRs generating a new NPR.