Author Topic: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 29605 times)

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 02, 2020, 12:28:00 PM »
I don't know if it's a bug or a mechanic. After building the 10th Academy, no Academy Commandant can be appointed.

That is working as intended. An Academy Commandant has a required rank equal to the number of academies. So you will need to have a commander with a rank of at least 10 to assign an Academy Commandant there, and if you don't have anyone at that rank, it won't show it as an option. Better to spread them out to several colonies.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg104092#msg104092

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2020, 12:28:18 PM »
Getting repeated Function #4 errors after I found a small alien population on a planet I terraformed.  The planet was previously uninhabited, because it was too cold and I terraformed it from a 2. 00 to a 0. 00.  After building up my colony, I had no sensors on it, but as soon as I sent over sensors I discovered new aliens, and a small population there.  They had no ships, or any other sort of tech.  When I sent ground forces, they had no military, and once I took them over, their portrait switched from their original one to mine.

And now every 30 days I get a function #4 error.  Even after I deleted the population on the planet and SM'd in communications.  I don't exactly know what's wrong.

Function #4 is alien AI diplomacy code. What is the error text? The number only tells me where the error happened. I need the text to know what happened.

Did they have any installations at all? How large was the population? I'm wondering if this was pre-industrial NPR.

Also, you mean their race portrait in the Diplomacy window has changed to yours?
I have the same error and very similar situation. Function #4 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
My DB is here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11173.msg130022#msg130022

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2020, 12:28:42 PM »
I was missing Condition for 20 years medal, thats why the second character does not have it. But 10 and 30 years work.

Edit: I remade 20 years medal and all characters got it retroactively, except for the story character.

Is there anything else unusual about that commander apart from the story character flag. Do you have other story characters that did receive the medals?

EDIT: Sorry I doubted you :)  The problem was that the service length was being tracked in the retirement section. Fixed now.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 12:34:47 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2020, 12:37:16 PM »
I was missing Condition for 20 years medal, thats why the second character does not have it. But 10 and 30 years work.

Edit: I remade 20 years medal and all characters got it retroactively, except for the story character.

Is there anything else unusual about that commander apart from the story character flag. Do you have other story characters that did receive the medals?

EDIT: Sorry I doubted you :)  The problem was that the service length was being tracked in the retirement section. Fixed now.

No worry :) Happy to help.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2020, 12:39:05 PM »
very minor bug: a Starship Captain receives credit toward the "Discover X new star Systems" even when the unexplored jump Point he crosses first leads to a new Connection to a previously known System, which is technically not a newly discovered sysem.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2020, 12:56:02 PM »
v1.9.3
If you refit a ship in a such a way that its Commander rank increases, the now underranked commander will stay at the position.

e.g. Having an old freighter having only the bridge, and the new design has an extra Auxiliary bridge added to it. After refit, the R7 commander stays as CO despite he is now underranked for the job, as the new ship would require R6 commander.

Fixed and new notifications added.

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2020, 12:56:45 PM »
Both conv. and TN, Real Stars, '.' sep., intermittent.
Sometimes scientists just disappear without any log record - no retire, no death (I tried to check through "Show all records"), just released labs and unfinished project.
(I thought for the first time, that I retired one somehow, but no, there was another, and another, and I just clicked Inc buttons, no more activity.)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #157 on: May 02, 2020, 01:04:45 PM »
Getting repeated Function #4 errors after I found a small alien population on a planet I terraformed.  The planet was previously uninhabited, because it was too cold and I terraformed it from a 2. 00 to a 0. 00.  After building up my colony, I had no sensors on it, but as soon as I sent over sensors I discovered new aliens, and a small population there.  They had no ships, or any other sort of tech.  When I sent ground forces, they had no military, and once I took them over, their portrait switched from their original one to mine.

And now every 30 days I get a function #4 error.  Even after I deleted the population on the planet and SM'd in communications.  I don't exactly know what's wrong.

Function #4 is alien AI diplomacy code. What is the error text? The number only tells me where the error happened. I need the text to know what happened.

Did they have any installations at all? How large was the population? I'm wondering if this was pre-industrial NPR.

Also, you mean their race portrait in the Diplomacy window has changed to yours?
I have the same error and very similar situation. Function #4 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
My DB is here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11173.msg130022#msg130022

I noticed in your report you mentioned a lot more errors first so the situation might be different. However, for your DB the problem was that the alien race had no populations left and was trying to create a new capital without success. Fixed now.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #158 on: May 02, 2020, 01:06:22 PM »
very minor bug: a Starship Captain receives credit toward the "Discover X new star Systems" even when the unexplored jump Point he crosses first leads to a new Connection to a previously known System, which is technically not a newly discovered sysem.

Same with Discover Habitable Planet, my officer was awarded medal for "discovering" Earth, when new link was established that lead to Sol.

Also fixed.

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #159 on: May 02, 2020, 01:07:32 PM »

I noticed in your report you mentioned a lot more errors first so the situation might be different. However, for your DB the problem was that the alien race had no populations left and was trying to create a new capital without success. Fixed now.
Yes, but only upon first discovering the NPR. I think it was error related to the NPR being setup.
Thanks for the fix! Is it something that'll be save compatible?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2020, 01:08:49 PM »
The deployment time of military ships in a commercial hangar on a commercial vessel reduces as if the ship were at a recreational location.

This is consistent with the deployment clock rules specified in the change thread.

Specifically, rule number 5:
If a parasite is in a hangar bay but the mothership is not at a recreational location, the deployment clock of the parasite reduces at a rate equal to the following formula:
Time Passed * 10 * (1 - Mothership Deployment Modifier))

This seems like an oversight, and that this reduction should only apply for military hangars.
Is it intended that commercial hangars should provide deployment time relief?

Yes, that is WAI. It reduces deployment clock but not maintenance clock.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, skoormit

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2020, 01:09:47 PM »
Yes, but only upon first discovering the NPR. I think it was error related to the NPR being setup.
Thanks for the fix! Is it something that'll be save compatible?

Yes. So far no DB changes that are worth making the next release DB only.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #162 on: May 02, 2020, 01:18:11 PM »
Version 1.9.3. "." as separator.
Three things:

1) In Naval Organization -> Movement Orders, hitting "Repeat Orders" does not update either "All Orders Distance" or "Travel Time Required" unless you refresh the screen (such as switching to a different fleet and back).

2) Some (but not all) of the entries in "Aurora Forum Members" are duplicated (such as my own name).

3) I've encountered a planet with an atmosphere of "water" at 0 ATMs. Shows up as "NaN" for %age. Doesn't appear to be causing any problems, just looks odd.

1) Fixed.

2) You will need to speak to whoever it was that created the list. Happy to re-import.

3) Agree that looks odd. Presumably water vapour with zero atm, but not positive. Could you attach DB?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #163 on: May 02, 2020, 01:25:16 PM »
Error is "Function #242: Object reference not set to instance of an object"
Screen affected is the class design window.

The error appears to occur when I expand and collapse categories of components in the Race Components tab, but doesn't seem to negatively affect my game (as far as I can tell, anyhow)
s]EDIT: The error began appearing when I marked the "Nautilus Co. 10.4 GW Pressurized Water Reactor" as obsolete from the class design screen (I used the Obso Comp button). Marking it as obsolete from the tech report window also results in this error. I hope that helps.[/s]

EDIT 2: Disregard the above. Error still occurs in class design screen even if that component is not obsolete.

I can't reproduce with your database.

#242 is double-click on component treeview. Does this affect every component when you double-click or only specific components?  If you click on anything but a component the function immediately exits

Offline AlStar

• Lt. Commander
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #164 on: May 02, 2020, 01:34:19 PM »
3) Agree that looks odd. Presumably water vapour with zero atm, but not positive. Could you attach DB?
Looks like not - I just checked all three database files (save, backup, and previousbackup), and either reloading the save fixed it, or it settled out of the atmosphere since I discovered it. If I see it again, I'll make sure to make a save.