Author Topic: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 29974 times)

Offline Zhatelier

• Chief Petty Officer
Re: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2020, 02:58:19 AM »
A minor bug, bordering as a typo issue.
I was deleting a star D from a quaternary system and the confirmation box was asking if I really wanted to delete the star B, after clicking yes the correct star (D) was deleted.

On a star-related note, changes to a star's bearing and distance don't actually move the star and causes repeated errors (#3060: Object reference not set to an instance of an object) when reloading the game and opening the system view.
When creating a new star after deleting star/stars in the same system result in a disparity on the names between the system view and tactical map. The same star can appear as a [System] - B (on system view) & [System] - D (on the tactical map).

Offline Zhatelier

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2020, 03:36:58 AM »
On a star-related note, changes to a star's bearing and distance don't actually move the star and causes repeated errors (#3060: Object reference not set to an instance of an object) when reloading the game and opening the system view.
As an addendum to this. I moved the star then gave it a save, which seems to have undone any previous changes to the game and every moon outside of Sol is now called "No Name", DB included.
'.' as the decimal separator, random stars (was in process of hand-crafting a galaxy).
Starting the game gives a #1170: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
Opening the system view will result in about 2 #3060's per moon orbiting around that star. Deleting a planet seems to not get rid of the moons and need to be deleted individually, but getting rid of them does get rid of the errors bit by bit.

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2020, 03:56:44 AM »
v.1.9.3
I’m experiencing a series of errors when progressing time. The errors begin on May 30th 2043, and the entire series (I think) repeats each increment, when progressing one day at a time. It continues for quite a while.

Function #2239 Object Reference not set to an object

The first errors occurs 17 times in a row, after which the below series is repeated 17 times.

Function #2156 Object Reference not set to an object
Function #2157 Object Reference not set to an object
Function #2163 Object Reference not set to an object
Function #2164 Object Reference not set to an object

(I'm sorry if the error text is imprecise. It is shown in my system language so I had to translate the meaning back into English)

If I after that enter the economics window, I get the same series of errors (except the second section only occurs once), and the mining tab is completely empty. This is repeated whenever I switch to view a different colony.

I have attached a DB copy just a few days before the errors start happening.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2020, 04:12:43 AM »
I have encountered a bug with PPV calculations.   It first started happening in 1. 6, but I thought i misunderstand the mechanics.   After talking to people on discord, apparently it is a bug and still present in 1. 9. 3.

I have designed a ship which shows a PPV of 36.   A fleet of 6 of them provides 32PPV total.   No components are damaged, the ships are less than two months old.   Removing one ship from the fleet results in a PPV of 27.   The colony view also shows protection of 32, but clearly that doesn't correspond to 6*36.

I have a similar though different issue. I created a ship that supposedly have ppv of 381.84. I have three colonies each orbited by a single ship. All three colonies are showing protection value of 110.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2020, 04:39:24 AM »
Saving Medal Conditions.

I don't know if anyone else has seen this , but occasionally Steve's allocated conditions fail to save when I add them to a medal(ribbon ) that I have produced.

I add the condition to the medal/ribbon , save the item as current but if i return later I find the added condition box blank meaning the medal would never be awarded. I have to click the " save current " button numerous times to hope that the added condition stays allocated to the award.

DavidR

Offline Eretzu

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • E
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2020, 04:45:19 AM »
Promotion of Naval Officer relieves him from academy commandant position.

Could be WAI of course, but I would not expect this.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 06:46:46 AM by Eretzu »

Offline Hastermain

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2020, 04:59:49 AM »
Same error as this guy: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10990.msg128242#msg128242

Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?: Period, thousand separator's a comma
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? One-off
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well

Offline Polestar

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • P
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2020, 05:24:20 AM »
The game is getting heaps more stable and fun. Mostly minor things here.

Civilian administrator lists at bottom-right of Commanders window show up to admin level 8. However, administrators may be of higher level than this.

When transports lack the cargo space to load minerals or installations, the error messages shown have a few issues:
- A message may be shown if another transport in the fleet does have space.
- For minerals, if Corundum could not be loaded, Gallicite is placed in the message instead.
When transports have more than enough space for the available installations, a warning is shown for all such transports, and we really only need to be notified once. It would perhaps be cleaner if the message were abbreviated to something along the lines of "Fleet X loaded all available Ys and has cargo space remaining."

In the Naval Organization window, a order to Load All minerals with a Minimum Available of (non-zero, less than total on world) X causes the fleet to load nothing and continue immediately. I expected it to load all minerals when X total were available, and for the fleet to wait until that minimum was available.
An order to Load Mineral Type with a Minimum Available set to less than the amount of that mineral immediately present causes the fleet to load normally. If Minimum Available is set to a larger value, the fleet loads nothing. Again, I expect the fleet to wait until X is available and then to load all minerals of that type. Ideally, the fleet in both cases would continuously load until X of all minerals, or of that type, were loaded at that location, and for the fleer to then continue to the next order.
I was not able to figure out how the Load Mineral when X available differed in behavior from Load Mineral Type.

I care about all this why? I'd like for some of my transport fleets not to endlessly burn fuel, but rather to haul full cargos. Say, I have three mine worlds in a system and, for convenience, have a single fleet responsible for hauling from all three to a factory world or a depot. I want to be able to "load at A, load at B, load at C but leave only when full, drop and refuel at C, repeat".

Refueling and tankers work a lot better in recent versions, but I am running up against a couple of remaining issues. I have a Sorium harvester station, and a tanker, and cannot figure out how to unload fuel from the former using the latter. I've made certain that the tanker really does know it's a tanker, dug into the bowels of the interface and told it to refuel own fleet, and then tried to use it to take fuel from the Sorium harvester. No order allowing me to take fuel appears. I tried moving the tanker to the harvester,  setting the harvester to also be a tanker, and having the harvester fuel the tanker. No go. When I try "join and refuel target fleet", only the first of these orders happen. Finally, I can't see any button to have one ship in a fleet directly refuel another.
I have a work-around. It is to build the harvester with a refueling system. But this should not be necessary; a tanker with a refueling system should not require the other vessel also to have one.
Minor note: I accidentally built my tanker with 1x 100k LPH refueling system and 3x 50k systems. The game indicates that only the first of these do anything, but the ship design window displayed no error or warning (as it does with engines).

Minor thing, but the Commanders interface does not update a few remaining things:
- When switching between commander types, the list of entities to which leaders may be assigned does not update.
- Several actions still do not update the list of leaders in the bottom-right panel, including promotions and retirements.

Sector commanders, as expected, increase things like mining and production. I'm not seeing them increase population growth (could have sworn they did so in previous versions).

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Eretzu

• E
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2020, 05:31:18 AM »
Version 1.9.3
Separator: period

Even with current changes I was able to add oxygen to luna. No workers, Manufactory efficiency 0%.

I ran only one increment tho, no heavy testing
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 06:46:21 AM by Eretzu »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2020, 06:08:44 AM »
Reproduced again in 1.9.3

Function Number: N/A
Complete error text: N/A
Window affected: System view
What was I doing?: Renaming stars en masse
Start type: TN
Random or real stars: Reproduced with both random and real stars
Decimal Separator: Full stop

Reproduction steps:
1. Discover a few star systems.
2. View one in the system view.
3. Click "Rename System" and choose a name for the star
4. The star is renamed, as expected
5. Trying to select another star from the dropdown at the top of the system view does not refresh the planet list in the system view. You can only view and interact with the system you just renamed until you close and reopen the system view, or if you refresh the tactical map.

Worth noting that I reproduced this issue on both my desktop and laptop.

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2020, 06:10:52 AM »
Seems like move to system requiring geosurvey does not work. Is this known issue?

I just found my first jump point and transitted through it.

Now I have other survey fleet in earth that I gave standing secondary order "move to system requiring geosurvey", but it complains that there is no sutable destination.

This may be a stupid question :) but is your second fleet capable of transiting the jump point to the new system? Fleets will only accept orders they are capable of executing.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2020, 06:14:13 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=11159.msg129465#msg129465
Quote from: Bughunter on Today at 18:16:18

1.9.2 Known stars, 3 NPR:s, 2.5 years in.

I got: Function #2662: Object reference not set to an instance of object

My guess is NPR-related since I'm not doing much right now. Did not leave Sol, have no active fleet orders. Basically only researching and building.

Related to recovery from ruins. Has been reported before, but I still haven't pinned it down.

In case it helps with the pinning down I saved right after and checked the db. It must be one of the following that caused the nullref, all from the same increment:
1st Construction Regiment has recovered an abandoned Construction Factory on Hameenmaa-A I
A formation element of 2nd Construction Regiment (45x Construction Vehicles) has increased to 105 morale
2nd Construction Regiment has recovered an abandoned Terraforming Installation on Hameenmaa-A I
A formation element of 3rd Construction Regiment (45x Construction Vehicles) has increased to 101 morale
3rd Construction Regiment has recovered an abandoned Mine on Hameenmaa-A I

I don't know if the morale increase is always supposed to happen, but if it is then it is the mine.

Morale increase is independent but thanks for checking.

Offline Eretzu

• E
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2020, 06:45:15 AM »
Seems like move to system requiring geosurvey does not work. Is this known issue?

I just found my first jump point and transitted through it.

Now I have other survey fleet in earth that I gave standing secondary order "move to system requiring geosurvey", but it complains that there is no sutable destination.

This may be a stupid question :) but is your second fleet capable of transiting the jump point to the new system? Fleets will only accept orders they are capable of executing.

Good question, the fleet indeed did not have jump engine. When I added one to design it worked marvels. Thx for answer and sry for spam :/

I had Jump Tender at jump point and was thinking that it would be enough.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2020, 06:54:05 AM »
SM generated random ruins appear to not be saving again.

New game, all defaults.
Turn on SM
System window - geosurvey all
Pick a body with no existing ruins (mars in my test)
Random ruin button (ruin now displays on body)
Save, close, re-open. Ruin is gone. (note alien installations remain if one was generated)

Also related small QOL issue: when hitting 'random ruin' when a ruin already exists and after clicking through the pop-up indicating the existing ruin will be deleted, the ruin still displays in the bodies list until the window is refreshed.

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2020, 07:04:41 AM »
It appears the update armor button on the ship design screen uses a different way of calculating if a ship is fighter sized

The bug was that fighter size was being checked before armour. Update armour triggered a second correct check.

Fixed now.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, Prack, skoormit