Author Topic: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread  (Read 39377 times)

Offline amram

• Lieutenant
  • a
Re: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread
« Reply #210 on: May 14, 2020, 04:37:53 PM »
If I set the speed through the "Set Speed" button the speed of the fleet changes but it will not stick, the fleet will just continue in its max speed anyway.
Noted same issue.

You have to deselect "use max speed" in the orders window, otherwise the fleet automatically sets itself to max speed when its turn comes up.
You should post in the suggestions thread that the logical behavior would be to automatically deselect "use max speed" whenever the player manually assigns a speed.

Ah, so there's still a bug to be had, but its not part of the install.   I have a mk1 Eyeball technician to go yell at....

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #211 on: May 14, 2020, 06:25:34 PM »
v1.9.5

Function #336: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I had assigned a target to a fleet of ships and selected to open fire. They were in range and ready. I clicked 5 seconds, and got the error message pop up.

DB attached, but it's right after the error message, not right before it. Target was destroyed, so it probably won't pop the error again.

Probably duplicate of fixed bug
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 03:01:42 PM by Bughunter »
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

Offline theplahunter

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #212 on: May 14, 2020, 07:15:46 PM »
Currently have a problem with my games pulses restricted to less time than actually displayed.  30 days is 6 hours, 5 days is 2, and 1 day is 30 minutes.  Don't understand what's causing it.  DB attached below, Impero Astrale is the save and that's what should launch.

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2020, 08:29:16 PM »
v1.9.5

Function #840: The given key was not present in the dictionary

This occurred when I hit the 8 hour, and it triggered yet another massacre of my poor troops on Beta Cassiopiae A II. I might have lost all of the troops, and the transports that were trying to pick them up before their untimely demise had nothing to pick up. Or, maybe the Brigade HQ formation had fully perished, and that was the lead formation I was trying to pick up with all sub units.
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

Offline GL

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #214 on: May 15, 2020, 03:27:12 AM »
The function number:  1531
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The window affected: NA
What you were doing at the time: Time increment 30 days
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy see db

Might be linked to new alien contacts in system Alpha Chamaeleontis

Confirmed.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 03:40:44 PM by Bughunter »

Offline roug

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
« Reply #215 on: May 15, 2020, 06:45:33 AM »
Deleting a fleet with ships inside, make the ships be removed from the game? cannot see them anymore and there active sensors are also removed from the map.

Not a bug
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 03:18:46 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #216 on: May 15, 2020, 07:02:13 AM »
Deleting a fleet with ships inside, make the ships be removed from the game? cannot see them anymore and there active sensors are also removed from the map.

That is not a bug, if you want to keep the ship, you need to transfer it to different fleet as the fleet is basic "unit" in the game. As even solo ship is fleet.

Offline roug

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
« Reply #217 on: May 15, 2020, 08:01:28 AM »

That is not a bug, if you want to keep the ship, you need to transfer it to different fleet as the fleet is basic "unit" in the game. As even solo ship is fleet.

How can this not be a bug, so you are actually loosing a ship if you dont move them out of the fleet before deleting it?
It should just work the same way as detach work.

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #218 on: May 15, 2020, 08:12:54 AM »

How can this not be a bug, so you are actually loosing a ship if you dont move them out of the fleet before deleting it?
It should just work the same way as detach work.

While I agree it isn't intuitive (I remember that learning how it works cost me ships), if it didn't delete the ships then the delete button would literally do nothing - if it detaches the ships, it has to create another fleet to put them in... which gets you back exactly where you started.

Either you don't have a delete button at all on a fleet unless it is empty, or if functions as it does now.

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #219 on: May 15, 2020, 10:00:33 AM »
Yes fleet deletion is not a bug, any ideas for improvement there should go in suggestions.

Btw, @other bugmods there are still some unchecked posts if you go upwards in the thread.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 10:02:17 AM by Bughunter »

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #220 on: May 15, 2020, 12:27:04 PM »
Partial Refuelling Stations allow fuel xfer.

A gave a group of 5 freighters orders to take a refuelling station to another planet.
Since the station requires 10 cargo holds of space, this will take two trips.
After the first trip, the summary tab of the target planet shows that it has 0.5 Refuelling Stations, as expected.

However, my tanker now has the option to transfer fuel to the colony, and non-tanker fleets have the option to refuel from the colony.

The only other installations on the planet are 4 maintenance facilities.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 03:21:55 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #221 on: May 15, 2020, 01:59:56 PM »
Version 1.9.5 started as 1.9.0
The function number:  478, 1943, 1951
The complete error text: 478 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object, 1943 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object, 1951 - An item with this key has already been added (not copletely sure about this one, it is translation from my language)
What you were doing at the time: I discovered Precursor space forces via thermal sensor. While conducting gravitational and geological survey of the system.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Unable to reproduce

I encountered infinitete series of these three errors. They continue to happen and it is necessary to force Aurora to close.

It happend to me twice in two different star systems. But in both cases I was unable to reproduce the bug with my saved DBs.

The following users thanked this post: Vandermeer

Offline spartacus

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #222 on: May 15, 2020, 04:30:43 PM »
Version 1. 9. 5
The function number:  2049
The complete error text: Tech system does not exist for Holmes-Bruce Abasolo Anti Ship Missile so it cannot be loaded, 1. 9. 5 Function #2049: An item with the same key has already been added.
What you were doing at the time: Starting the game

I was designing a missile and the fire control concurrently and had both the Create Projects window and the Missile Design window open at the same time.   After going back and forth a few times I clicked the Create button for the missile design.   I initially got the 2049 error message this part seems to be easy to recreate.   Next the missile design showed up in the Sensor and Control category, this I have not been able to recreate.   I deleted the tech redid the missile and everything worked fine however the next time I opened the game I got the unnumbered error message.   Once I cleared it the game opened and seems to working fine.   

Database attached with screenshots of the error messages.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #223 on: May 16, 2020, 02:47:52 AM »
The function number:  2568
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The window affected: system generation and display
What you were doing at the time: Messing with JPs in SM mode (see full description)
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Random or Real Stars: both
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? very easy

Load the provided DB -> Enter SM mode -> go to system generation and display -> press "full grav survey" button.

Manually putting jump point beyond certain distance (appears to be depending on a star) will cause the game to put out an unholy number of 2568 errors when attempting to gravitationally survey system with the SM button in the system generation and display window. For Sol this means putting a jump point beyond 7bln km limit, for red dwarfs it can be as little as 4 bln kilometres.
As an added thing when I modified the distance in the database itself (it's not locked) to 65bln kilometres there were no errors and the distance in the system generation window was showing as 65bln kilometres but in the tactical view the jump point was only a couple of bln kilometres from the star. The bug itself however was done on unmodified db.

Reported
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 04:01:08 PM by Bughunter »

Offline stabliser

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #224 on: May 16, 2020, 09:26:13 AM »
Version 1.9.5 (80 year game started in 1.9.3)
TN start - random stars
period not comma
reproducable, yes.

I've managed to drain my nearest gas giant of sorium, but I get no warning its run dry. perhaps because its not a mining colony, but also possibly because its still shown as haveing an 'M' beside it with an amount of 00

I think the resource needs removing once it hits zero, and maybe a notification that its run dry.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 04:06:37 PM by Bughunter »