Author Topic: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread  (Read 40009 times)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2020, 01:34:02 PM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Class Design Window
What you were doing at the time: Creating new classes
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy to reproduce
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: Have yet to even run a single turn

This appears to be a UI bug more than anything else. 

Steps:
Open the class design window
Under race components will be an expandable list of all components available
Expand one of the section by pressing the + button
Collapse that section by pressing the - button
Close and reopen the class design window.   Notice that the section that we expanded and collapsed previously is now expanded.   Trying to collapse it and reopen the window and it is still expanded

Basically it appears that the UI remembers if a section was expanded but not if it was collapsed again
Makes it a bit annoying (at least for me) when you have lots of sections expanded when looking for a specific thing

This is a 1.  9.  5 game patched from a fresh 1.  9.  4 game. 
The actual universe being played was fresh, having just been created

Can also confirm that this is happening in a 1.  9.  4 game (i dont think it really matters but just in case)

PS: I know this is not really the place for it, but i would love an "expand all" and "collapse all" for that screen

Edit: Seems that it also affects the ship list to the far left of the class design window

Confirmed

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2020, 01:34:27 PM »
Version 1.9.5
The function number: no error
The complete error text: no error
What you were doing at the time: orders to refuel from stationary tanker
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy to reproduce

I gave a fleet orders to refuel from a space station.
The station has fuel and a refuelling system.
The station is not moving, but it is stabilizing a jump point.
I get a message that my fleet "cannot complete order as the destination fleet is either moving or has movement orders."

So it seems that stabilizing a jump point counts as "movement orders."

This is WAI - anything and everything in the Orders list count as movement orders.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2020, 01:34:50 PM »
While creating a sub-fleet in Naval Organization and choosing "Cancel" the sub-fleet is created anyway. Also after you do this - the "Create Sub Fleet" button will no longer function and you need to restart Aurora.

---

The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Naval Organization
What you were doing at the time: Creating a Sub-Fleet
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy
If this is a long campaign: ~50 years

Confirmed.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2020, 01:35:05 PM »
This report has to remain fuzzy, I'm afraid. It's also from a previous version, either 1.9.4 or possibly 1.9.3, the backup interval includes the update. But I haven't seen it reported or fixed, though my search wasn't thorough beyond doubt this time.

Important thing first: Affects NPR generation for pre-industrial NPR. Garfunkel answered most of my questions regarding that in http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11302.0, but ultimately, the only one who knows how it should work is He who makes the worlds spin. It's only a bug, if pre-industrial NPRs are supposed to have at least wealth, and possibly conventional industry & troops. If a non-communicating NPR with literally absolutely nothing but people ("Stone-age NPR") is WAD, you can stop reading.

Function and error: None that I'm aware of. Alas, could I swear that I didn't discard an error message at discovery/generation? No. Divided attention and short intervals of advancing Auroran time in the period in question (and right now, in fact), plus a very minor refresh/sticky invalid selection issue that I clicked away a few times, but has been reported and fixed by now, I think. So, it's: I'm not sure.
No comma. Only a brief coma after going through two earlier bugs threads in entirety to find a specific bug report I thought I had seen.
Conventional real stars 1.9 Earth start, the system in question was discovered by player race 27 years and a few days in if I may believe the discovery date on the galaxy map (separate tiny ui issue: GalacticMap doesn't seem to remember that I want to display military restricted systems, but it remembers most other Display settings)

In-game system and race generation is hard to reproduce. But in case it is of any use, I'll attach the first db I can find that contains the NPR in question. At that point I had only discovered the system, but done nothing with the NPR but see it from afar - I think, no guarantees for my memory.
They are GameID 34 (Vanilla), RaceID 192 (Vaathkree Alliance), and their capital should be PopulationID 4218 (Vaathkree Prime) in SystemID 2079 (Eps Eri). If I read the Race and PopInstallation and other tables correctly, they have no conventional industry, no conventional ground units and crucially: no wealth. I noticed that later when I decided that I could do nothing with them but conquer them.

(As addendum to a previous post, an animal & BugMod protection/safety advice: Under any circumstances, never even think about putting a real cat, dotted or not, into a real dishwasher, insular or not. The sensitive programming could acquire a serious permanent personality disorder as a result. For similar reasons, please don't feed Aurora 4x with comma-separated decimals. I reqlly do szmpathiye (sic!), con tout mio Herzen. Up to a point. Or better make that a period...  :P)

Reported to find out what is the WAI behaviour.

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2020, 01:37:43 PM »
Window: During new game creation, immediately after accepting player race.
TN start
Random stars
Separator: '.'
Random High chance with local system chance 0.

1.9.5 Function #3232: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
1.9.5 Function #1609: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
1.9.5 Function #1608: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
1.9.5 Function #1562: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
1.9.5 Function #1423: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Database then auto-saved normally.

This bug dates back to 1.9.0 and should already be on Steve's round tuit list.  Just confirming that it is still present in 1.9.5.
Previous report:  http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11135.msg129172#msg129172

Edit: Also reconfirming the 'hangs at 100% CPU after accepting player race' bug.

Edit2: 5 new games in a row either hung or threw errors with Local System Chance: 0.  I think reproducibility just became a thing here.

Local system chance: 0
Known Stars: off
NPRs activate Ancient Races: on
Commander Political Bonuses: on
No Maintenance: on
Allow Civilian Harvesters: off
Number of Non-Player Races: 3

Failures:  2 with the #3232 error, 2 hung at 100%, and one Luminosity Key Count is 11.

Known bug
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 03:11:33 AM by Bughunter »

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2020, 01:52:16 PM »
Edit: Comment below indicates this is not a general issue - is definitely happening for me though in the db linked to.

The advance time buttons on the galaxy map do not seem to work - you can click them, and it highlights the button you click, but time does not advance.  They did definitely work in previous 1.9 versions (99% sure specifically in 1.9.4 but definitely in some 1.9.x version).

Happens in new games for me, but if this is not a general issue there is a db that exhibits it attached to a previous comment:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11298.msg132098#msg132098

Looks like this is a more longstanding issue which was present in previous versions: the advance time buttons on the galactic map do not work when auto turns are selected.  With auto turns deselected they work fine. 

Failed to reproduce
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 03:58:59 PM by Bughunter »

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2020, 02:09:41 PM »
I redesigned a ship from military to civilian, but can't refit it in a civilian shipyard. Bug or Intended?

Offline Treahblade

• Petty Officer
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2020, 02:16:35 PM »
Not sure if this has been reported before but it seams every time I reload my game I have to redo primary  standing orders.  The conditional ones seam to work ok but the others seam to get reset.  This is a TN start that is sitting at about 50+ years in.  I notice this mostly on my tankers that seam to default back to NONE for primary and secondary standing orders.  I know that when you look at them while the game is running that these can disappear or just not show on the fleet -> standing orders screen, but after a reload the No Order is highlighted even tho I saved them with orders.  Maybe its related?

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2020, 02:19:35 PM »
I redesigned a ship from military to civilian, but can't refit it in a civilian shipyard. Bug or Intended?
If there is greater than 20% difference in parts or size then intended.

The following users thanked this post: Bughunter

Offline Treahblade

• Petty Officer
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2020, 02:46:59 PM »
Quote from: mike2R link=topic=11298.  msg132142#msg132142 date=1589050336
The advance time buttons on the galaxy map do not seem to work - you can click them, and it highlights the button you click, but time does not advance.    They did definitely work in previous 1.  9 versions (99% sure specifically in 1.  9.  4 but definitely in some 1.  9.  x version). 

Happens in new games for me, but if this is not a general issue there is a db that exhibits it attached to a previous comment:
hxxp: aurora2.  pentarch.  org/index.  php?topic=11298.  msg132098#msg132098

This is working fine for me in my current game.   Note that this DB is from an ealier 1. 9. x version tho.   

The following users thanked this post: mike2R

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2020, 03:03:23 PM »
Quote from: mike2R link=topic=11298.  msg132142#msg132142 date=1589050336
The advance time buttons on the galaxy map do not seem to work - you can click them, and it highlights the button you click, but time does not advance.    They did definitely work in previous 1.  9 versions (99% sure specifically in 1.  9.  4 but definitely in some 1.  9.  x version). 

hxxp: aurora2.  pentarch.  org/index.  php?topic=11298.  msg132098#msg132098

This is working fine for me in my current game.   Note that this DB is from an ealier 1. 9. x version tho.

So is mine, so if its working for you in 1.9.5 I guess it must be something unique to my installation - I'll stick a note on my report.

Offline Salva

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2020, 03:30:19 PM »
Hi,

i am playing 1.   9.   5, real stars.    Decimal Separator is a dot. 
There are 4 NPRs (2 i created and 2 other from game setup) as well as activated Acients, Star Swarm and Invaders.

My test run had me explore the first neighbor system (DX-Cancri), and i immediately found a battle on a comet (comet #1).    Whatever goes on there, i cannot see it, only see lots of weapon impacts and secondary explosions (like: 430x Weapon Strength 3 Impact and multiple more).   

Additionally the following errors occur (reproducable, but not always all of those or at the same time): (i translate from german error report)
- Function #1957: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
- Function #1954: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
- Function #1943: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
- Function #478: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
- Function #327: Object reference not set to an instance of an object (i guess related to destroyed combatants, because it pops up and afterwards there are a bit less weapons fired)
- Function #1816: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I twice tried to SM a colony on one of the system bodies and move the fleet there, or SM Add some deep space tracking stations to see whats going on there, resulting in an endless loop of the following errors: (was unable to continue)
- Function #1957: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
- Function #1954: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
- Function #1943: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
- Function #478: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

database attached

best regards
Salva
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 03:36:56 PM by Salva »

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2020, 03:35:39 PM »
I can't be bothered to look for it but there has been a report about a very large number of connections to Sol in non-real stars. I'm trying to make a pre-made galaxy and I thought I'll be a smartass and deleted Sol. Unfortunately the bug persists it just selected a different system.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2020, 03:41:11 PM »
I can't be bothered to look for it but there has been a report about a very large number of connections to Sol in non-real stars. I'm trying to make a pre-made galaxy and I thought I'll be a smartass and deleted Sol. Unfortunately the bug persists it just selected a different system.

It's been fixed for 1.10 so u may wait.

The downside: I heard that already in 1.7 and it was just worse :/

Finger crossed. I know Steve is working on it now with his new campaign.

The following users thanked this post: Haji

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2020, 03:47:51 PM »

It's been fixed for 1.10 so u may wait.

The downside: I heard that already in 1.7 and it was just worse :/

Finger crossed. I know Steve is working on it now with his new campaign.

Ah, thanks for the info, I'll definitively wait in that case. While it is possible to just keep erasing the jump points it is still annoying and time consuming so hopefully it really is fixed.