Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 345799 times)

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #285 on: July 31, 2020, 02:29:34 PM »
I noticed an issue some time ago but never got to post about it. In Naval Organization I have sometimes cut part of the text on the right side, namely Travel Time Required is not shown if there is lot of text on that line. Is this issue someone else also encountered? I am using 1920x1080 resolution and scale and layout is set to 100%.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #286 on: July 31, 2020, 05:58:05 PM »
I noticed an issue some time ago but never got to post about it. In Naval Organization I have sometimes cut part of the text on the right side, namely Travel Time Required is not shown if there is lot of text on that line. Is this issue someone else also encountered? I am using 1920x1080 resolution and scale and layout is set to 100%.

Happens to me as well, like you said, when there is a lot of text on that line.

Offline Silverkeeper

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2020, 01:36:55 AM »
How do the new fighter autocannon, air-to-air and bombardment pods work? Are they worth researching if you already have fighters with regular missile launchers. Do you just bring them along for ground assault or whats the deal?

Oh and where is the unload 90% of fuel order for tankers? I can`t seem to refuel or transfer fuel to colony or other ships even though I have the tanker box ticked.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 05:40:00 AM by Silverkeeper »

Offline idefelipe

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2020, 02:58:02 AM »
Hey there.

I have returned to the game after a while, and installed Aurora C# 1.51 and after that I installed the 1.11 patch. The problem is when I create a new race to play and set conventional start, modify the pop up to 800 and set the conventional industry, I get this bugs:

Research Points are insanely big (486.000 RP per year with 13 labs)

Conventional points are 1,44 instead 1.440

how can I fix this?

EDITED:

I also see an insanely huge amount of materials needed for maintenance purposes (conventional start, base without any modifications needs 2000 tons of duranium!!)

EDITED 2:

Nevermind, it is the comma issue.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 04:27:30 AM by idefelipe »

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #289 on: August 01, 2020, 05:56:20 AM »
Oh and where is the unload 90% of fuel order for tankers? I can`t seem to refuel or transfer fuel to colony or other ships even though I have the tanker box ticked.

You've probably forgotten to put a fuel transfer system on your tankers. Once you do, you'll see the order to "transfer fuel to colony". Instead of transferring a fixed 90% of the fuel in the tanker, it transfers down to a minimum level set in the class design; it's on the Misc tab of the Class Design window.

The following users thanked this post: Silverkeeper

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #290 on: August 01, 2020, 06:07:05 AM »

You've probably forgotten to put a fuel transfer system on your tankers. Once you do, you'll see the order to "transfer fuel to colony". Instead of transferring a fixed 90% of the fuel in the tanker, it transfers down to a minimum level set in the class design; it's on the Misc tab of the Class Design window.

To to transfer fuel to colony Refuelling Capability is necessary - so either Spaceport or Refuelling Station is needed on the planet.

Offline Silverkeeper

• S
« Reply #291 on: August 01, 2020, 09:35:24 AM »
What is the correct installation order to get to patch 1.11.0 from scratch?

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #292 on: August 01, 2020, 09:45:58 AM »

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #293 on: August 01, 2020, 12:59:02 PM »
How do the new fighter autocannon, air-to-air and bombardment pods work? Are they worth researching if you already have fighters with regular missile launchers. Do you just bring them along for ground assault or whats the deal?

Fighter pod-bays are only for ground fighters. If you want dedicated ground fighters then you need to use fighter pod-bays on the fighters. Also, many ground fighters can typically be much smaller than fighters used for attacking fleets. Smaller fighters means more targets for enemy AA to shoot down so are in general better than one big fighter but you could use regular missile fighters but they can't have as many weapon pods as a dedicated fighter can.

Offline Dreadder

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #294 on: August 02, 2020, 08:16:47 PM »
What is Required power in Ship Design Display in Naval Organization window (when viewing individual ship not fleet)?

It sounds like it should be percent of available power required for beam weapons but the percentage is strangely low for my ships - even though I have a tendency to build my warships with overpowered reactors.  ???

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
  • Everlasting Glory to the Imperium
  • Discord Username: Lord Solar
« Reply #295 on: August 02, 2020, 09:08:23 PM »
The first number is the total power required to fire the weapon, and the second is the max charge rate of the weapon per 5 seconds. Provide enough power for each of your weapons max charge rate combined to ensure max firing speed.

Offline Dreadder

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #296 on: August 02, 2020, 09:38:35 PM »
I know that - you're talking about power requirements from ship description but what I'm asking about is the Required Power in Ship Design Display in Naval Organization window. It's written as a percent together with crew grade, training, shields, fuel percentage and so on.

The more that I look at it, the more it seems to me that it should be percent of required power available but unless my math is way off, then those numbers seem to be way too low. Is it perhaps possible that SM editing an already existing class led to power consumption being calculated wrong or something similar?

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
  • Everlasting Glory to the Imperium
  • Discord Username: Lord Solar
« Reply #297 on: August 02, 2020, 09:52:44 PM »
I know that - you're talking about power requirements from ship description but what I'm asking about is the Required Power in Ship Design Display in Naval Organization window. It's written as a percent together with crew grade, training, shields, fuel percentage and so on.

The more that I look at it, the more it seems to me that it should be percent of required power available but unless my math is way off, then those numbers seem to be way too low. Is it perhaps possible that SM editing an already existing class led to power consumption being calculated wrong or something similar?
I think I see what you are seeing, and I think it should be 100% all the time unless your reactors are destroyed. I actually noticed it was 0% on some ships with gauss only (which shouldn't require power) but they had no trouble shooting.

Offline midikiman

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #298 on: August 03, 2020, 08:22:57 AM »
So, I built a station with some modules, the class design window shows that it's a member of the class, but I can't find it in any of the other windows.    It doesn't show up as a tug target, since it's not a shipyard.    What did I do wrong? I'd like to haul it to a gas giant to harvest fuel, but there's no evidence tat it exists other than the class window and the system OOB.    Are stations operational in C#?

For some reason, the station was added to a random civilian fleet.  Seems to be fine once I located and detached it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 09:31:23 AM by midikiman »

Offline Dreadder

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #299 on: August 03, 2020, 10:23:51 AM »

I think I see what you are seeing, and I think it should be 100% all the time unless your reactors are destroyed. I actually noticed it was 0% on some ships with gauss only (which shouldn't require power) but they had no trouble shooting.
Ah, I figured it out - it seems it takes into account shields as well - though it's not supposed to, so I'll report it in the bugs thread. Exploratory ship I used was showing only 4% of Required power, even though her reactors were considerably larger than required and she had no problems maintaining her fire rate but when I removed the shields the Power required went to 188%. I think that perhaps mr. Walmsley wanted to make shields use reactor power but then scratched that idea and the "issue" I posted about is a remnant of that.