Author Topic: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 55493 times)

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
Re: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #300 on: August 21, 2020, 12:19:21 AM »
The function number:  N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Naval Organization
What you were doing at the time: Trying to move orbital weapons platforms to a colony.
Conventional or TN start: TN start
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Don't have a clue what even caused it.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 91 years and some months.

I am trying to move a fleet of 5 Minuteman orbital weapons platforms to one of my colonies via commercial carrier.  I have done this twice already and it worked fine.  Now though, the commercial carrier only seems able to carry one.  The carrier, a FACLog class, has 5000 hangar space, a minuteman platform is 1000 tons.  Issuing a land on mothership order of either kind only adds one platform to the carrier.  The other 4 always stay behind.  Additional landing orders do nothing, so it's not just that they can only land one at a time.  Only one can ever be on the carrier.  Both the carrier and the OWP fleet are in orbit of Earth.  I had to compress my DB or else the upload would keep failing.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 12:43:50 AM by Barkhorn »

Offline Lazygun

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #301 on: August 21, 2020, 02:48:36 PM »
Difficulty creating colony for an empire once it rules multiple species.

Aurora 1. 11. 0
The function number n/a
The complete error text n/a
The window affected Naval organizaton window and minerals window
What you were doing at the time Trying to create a new colony for a multi-species empire
Conventional or TN start
Random or Real Stars either
Is your decimal separator a comma? no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy: see below
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - year 135 discovered, year 0 in reproduction

After finally conquering the homeworld of an NPR I ran into this problem.  I can no longer create a colony from the naval organization window nor the minerals window.  After selecting a race and dismissing the window, nothing happens.  Luckily the System Genration and Display window works.  I suppose this is because the latter window lets you pre-select the species to use, while the former two windows pop up a box asking for the race. 

To reproduce: Start a new game.  Spacemaster in an alien race at earth.  Instant research and build ground units for one race.  Advance time a bit so the other species is conquered.  Use spacemaster mode to geosurvey one or more bodies in the Sol System.  Try to create new colonies on those bodies.

Offline dag0net

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #302 on: August 22, 2020, 02:31:19 AM »
Mea Culpa Just noticed I hadn't patched the install I used to produce the following, it may be the case that they are outdated though the prior forum search did not return matches. If so, much gnashing of teeth.

The function number Function #1424 & Function #1612 & Function #1607 & Function #1562 & Function #1423
(?x)The complete error text: Function #1424: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index
(?x)The complete error text: Function #1612:  Object Reference not set to an instance of an object.
(?x)The complete error text: Function #1607:  Object Reference not set to an instance of an object.
(?x)The complete error text: Function #1562:  Object Reference not set to an instance of an object.
(?x)The complete error text: Function #1423:  Object Reference not set to an instance of an object.
The window affected: New Game/Create Race/Tactical
What you were doing at the time: Game Generation Min/Max NPR Distance: 125LY
Game Type/Mode/Settings: No Other Adjustments.
Is your decimal separator a comma? No.
Is the bug easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Repeatable with several (5:5 & 50:50 iirc) equal value range adjustments to Min/Max LY in NPR Generation.

No Sol is saved to the (player's) game instance, though I'd expect that's rather irrelevant to resolving the issue.

////

The function number:  2109 (Might be 2169 tbh, eyes aren't that great)
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
The window affected: Economics
What you were doing at the time: Research on Earth included Mine+Mining in queue when Mine was recovered from a Ruin accompanied with Mining tech - all other research topics in (Earth c&p scientist) queue have disappeared, though following Mining Techs were available.
Conventional or TN start: TN start
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? The error repeats upon opening Economics child, implying that some record of the queue and research projects is maintained. The researcher can still lead new projects(mining 18 then 20  ::) ) so I infer that the queue can become orphaned.

I have tried to reproduce the error, with Mining 12 in queue, recovering Mining.Tech12 did not produce the same failure. It may be the case that Mining.Next had elevated to the active project in the original case.. will try to clarify(no longer have game.)
Though this game(the would-be reproduction) does now have a repeating #311 error on advancing time of unknown cause or effect(Haven't watched anything other than events/research)

Several thousand excavation events later..

Con 12 recovered whilst in queue also did not cause error.. continuing until ..

Reproduced! If the tech retrieved from the mine is the active research project at the head of a queue, other techs in the queue are lost from (at least) the gui and error in processing function #21x9 is reported upon opening research/econ pane.

This, at any rate, is my interpretation of what I'm seeing. Love & Kisses.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 09:59:06 AM by dag0net »
People blame god for making life worth living, in the same vein. . . "Work harder Steve!"

Offline Avers

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • A
« Reply #303 on: August 23, 2020, 04:40:23 AM »
I have no idea how this happened but my pop growth is way WAY higher then it should be.  I started with 500m in 2025 as usual and now it is 11000m in 2027.

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #304 on: August 23, 2020, 06:16:34 AM »
I have no idea how this happened but my pop growth is way WAY higher then it should be.  I started with 500m in 2025 as usual and now it is 11000m in 2027.

Set your decimal separator to not be a comma, Aurora can't handle that

Reproduced! If the tech retrieved from the mine is the active research project at the head of a queue, other techs in the queue are lost from (at least) the gui and error in processing function #21x9 is reported upon opening research/econ pane.

Related, but never bothered to reproduce: I've also seen research queues get wiped and the techs in it turn inaccessible when the currently active research project is given to an empire via tech diffusion, or whatever you call the mechanic where others on the same body get something three levels lower than what you just researched.

The following users thanked this post: dag0net

Online Indefatigable

• Chief Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #305 on: August 23, 2020, 04:01:48 PM »
TN start.
Random Stars.
Dot decimal separator.

A group of 3 survey ships (3x8000t) with commercial engines/self-jump drives was unable to transit a JP, when on the opposing side was a commercial jump tender with squadron size 3 (self+2) commercial 50.000t jump engine.
Seems to me that the game sees a conflict of violating the squadron limit and gives an interrupt without checking that the group doing the jump doesn't need the tenders services?

After moving the jump tender away from the JP did they transit successfully.
There seemed not to be any issues when the survey group originally transited the JP in the opposite direction (ships and tender at the same side of JP).

Offline unkfester

• Silver Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Discord Username: unkfester
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #306 on: August 24, 2020, 01:10:59 AM »
You better check your ship. even with commercial engines  a ship with survey modules will flag as military

Online Indefatigable

• Chief Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #307 on: August 24, 2020, 01:30:58 AM »
You better check your ship. even with commercial engines  a ship with survey modules will flag as military
Doesn't matter in C#.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #308 on: August 24, 2020, 05:14:16 PM »
Here's a fun one. My map of the universe is getting a little unwieldy, and suddenly I realized that I've been using it on just one of my two monitors. If I stretched the window across both of them I would be able to see a lot more of the map!

This was the result:

Looks like the clipping doesn't always use the correct boundaries of the window, though it's good at normal sizes. It's not directly limited to one monitor though, because the last visible column of systems, the one with Sol in it, is actually on the second monitor.

The following users thanked this post: dag0net

Offline dag0net

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #309 on: August 26, 2020, 01:37:23 AM »
SM > System View > Create System > Click on 'System Name'

1.11.00 Function #2672: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object.

///

New Game >NPR 15 > Max LY(500) > Create Game >Create Race
No Function Error
Error: Luminosity Key Count is set to 11

///

New Game Creation, Unrecorded Game & Race Settings.

1.11.0 Function #1355: An item with the same key has already been added.
1.11.0 Function #1359: An item with the same key has already been added.
1.11.0 Function #1690: Y/M/D paramaters describe an un-representable DateTime.
People blame god for making life worth living, in the same vein. . . "Work harder Steve!"

Offline sehpa

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #310 on: August 26, 2020, 05:09:31 AM »
I am not sure if this is already reported.  If you assign a taskforce with leaders to a custom fleet admin it crashes the game.  Assigning task force without any leader works, however assigning leaders after assigning the task force to the custom fleet admin also crashes the game.

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #311 on: August 27, 2020, 12:18:38 PM »
I am not sure if this is already reported.  If you assign a taskforce with leaders to a custom fleet admin it crashes the game.  Assigning task force without any leader works, however assigning leaders after assigning the task force to the custom fleet admin also crashes the game.

This looks like it needs a few more details. What is a task force and a custom fleet admin in your case exactly? Any fleet with commanders in it and any admin command of any type that you made yourself, aka any but the default top-level command? Of any specific types?
My bet is that it crashes because of some specific circumstances here, cause just attaching fleets to admin commands themselves works fine.

Offline somebody1212

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #312 on: August 27, 2020, 05:55:53 PM »
There appears to be a bug with maintenance failures - if the failure is unable to find a valid roll on the DAC after 20 attempts due to rolling components which cannot fail (hangars, fuel tanks, etc) then it destroys the ship in the same manner that it would if it was unable to find a valid roll after 20 attempts due to rolling destroyed components.

This is particularly significant for large barge carriers for which more than 90% of the ship may be hangars/fuel. As seen in the image below, after 10 days of travel, 5 of the 50 carriers had exploded.

This has shown up in regular carriers as well: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11872

Steps to reproduce:
1. Build/spawn a ship containing a large number of fuel tanks or hangars (or other components which cannot have maintenance failures). Due to the random nature of this issue this will be easier to verify if you use large numbers of ships and a short maintenance life.
2. Keep passing construction cycles until maintenance failures start to occur.
3. Watch for the explosions.
Aurora4x Discord: https://discord.gg/TXK6qcP

The following users thanked this post: Black, Iceranger

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #313 on: August 28, 2020, 11:10:33 PM »
I'm getting a repeating warning that a civilian freighter failed to pick up a maintenance facility on Earth. After noticing that it was the same freighter every time, I started investigating. I do have orders to move maintenance facilities off Earth to another colony. I also have some other orders, such as to bring research labs to Earth. I have 197 maintenance facilities on Earth at the moment, so that can't be the problem. I used the Naval Organization window to inspect the civilian fleet in question, and the reason that it can't load anything is that the cargo is full; it's carrying part of a research lab that it never dropped off on Earth.

http://db48x.net/Aurora/civilian%20freighter%20cargo%20full.png

In this screenshot you can see on the right the tactical window with the warning event at the top, and on the left the naval organization window with the civilian fleet selected. You can see the fleet's orders are to load maintenance facilities, but that the cargo space is already full with 0.05 research facilities.

I tried using SM mode to fix the civilian fleet's orders, but no luck. I guess the buttons aren't available even in SM mode.

The database is attached. The usual answers to the standard questions apply. Do let me know if you have any questions or need more information.

Update: It just occurred to me to check the fleet's history (I use that tab so infrequently, I must have forgotten it entirely); you can see that it loaded the lab at Janus in February, arrived in Sol in May, and the next thing it tried to do was to load infrastructure.

http://db48x.net/Aurora/civilian%20freighter%20cargo%20full,%20fleet%20history.png
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 11:16:56 PM by db48x »

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #314 on: August 29, 2020, 02:36:43 PM »
Turns out that there are 18 ships that have cargo loaded and also have an order to load cargo. I used this query to enumerate them:

Code: [Select]
SELECT FCT_Ship.ShipID,
       FCT_Fleet.FleetName,
       FCT_ShipCargo.CargoTypeID,
       FCT_ShipCargo.CargoID,
       FCT_ShipCargo.Amount
FROM FCT_Fleet LEFT JOIN
FCT_Ship USING (FleetID) LEFT JOIN
FCT_ShipCargo USING (ShipID) LEFT JOIN
FCT_MoveOrders USING (FleetID)
WHERE FCT_MoveOrders.MoveActionID=176 AND
      FCT_ShipCargo.Amount > 0 AND
      FCT_Ship.ShippingLineID != 0 AND
      FCT_Fleet.RaceID = 197;

Having done that, it was a simple matter to delete all that unwanted cargo:

Code: [Select]
DELETE FROM FCT_ShipCargo
WHERE ShipID IN (SELECT FCT_Ship.ShipID
                 FROM FCT_Fleet LEFT JOIN
                 FCT_Ship USING (FleetID) LEFT JOIN
                 FCT_ShipCargo USING (ShipID) LEFT JOIN
                 FCT_MoveOrders USING (FleetID)
                 WHERE FCT_MoveOrders.MoveActionID=176 AND
                       FCT_ShipCargo.Amount > 0 AND
                       FCT_Ship.ShippingLineID != 0 AND
                       FCT_Fleet.RaceID = 197);

Is there a way to SM in the 0.05 research lab that this deleted? It seems like there ought to be.