Author Topic: Military organization and maintenance  (Read 956 times)

Offline roug (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
Military organization and maintenance
« on: July 31, 2020, 04:00:19 AM »
Hello.

I am well in to my first ever serious game of Aurora4X i am using low research rate so everything goes slowly.

I just have a few questions.
I am just wondering, is it only sphipyards that can rewind the maintenanceclocks?
On militaryship how long are your maint life usually?

I am asking because i would like to have a militaryfleet in all my populated systems, but how do you store them so they dont use much maint supplys? if i have a planet without shipyards a long way from home, and i have a big fleet there, how do you do it?

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: Military organization and maintenance
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 05:05:19 AM »
Overhauling ships is mainly done by maintenance facilities. You decrease maintenance clock in shipyards during refit of the ship.

So if you want to deploy ships to your colonies, you need to provide maintenance facilities. They need population and can make MSPs if you have resources on planet. Or you can ship MSP from different place. You can also use maintenance ship or stations, they do not need population but are quite large and they do not produce MSPs.

Check this post by Steve for more info: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg101959#msg101959
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 05:11:23 AM by Black »